Ford Motor Company logo
Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 292 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,448 reviews

Great while it lasted

Great company to work for, until it decided to close us down. Always last to know what was going on with constant rumours and counter rumours and never anyone to quash them.

Pros

Pay

Enjoyable experience

A good company to work for, they encourage training and personal development. A very good health protection facility and generally a positive company.

Pros

Good pension

Productive and fun work

Best company to work for to develop skills and learn life skills. Enjoyed my time at Ford immensely. There are lots of different jobs available in Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.

Pros

Cheap cars

Cons

Fun to work together and learn new skills

I enjoyed working for Ford Motor Company and the people around me. My job involved a substantial amount of experience of which I was given training so I could safely carry out my job

Cons

Flexible hours

Very fun place to work

Really good company to work for Co workers are very supportive and excellent careers . The managing director always keep an eye on his employees and correct the works on the spot

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Risk adverse and culture of no decision making

Generally a good level of debate and interaction with senior management however the culture is so risk adverse that no one will really make a decision so while someone can get on with that culture be prepared to have your experience and qualities in general ignored. The process driven procedures work if everyone knows what the process is ....

Pros

Cons

Short notice period no security

Good laugh, good work envoirement

Fast production line, but good people to work along side , good fun at times, never see a job like that again real good crack, real relaxed workplace,

Pros

Everything good

Cons

Good company to work for.

Great opportunity to move to different departments and learn new skills. You are encouraged to learn all department work processes to enable staff the learn the company's work flow from the beginning the the final step.

Pros

Good chance to move and learn new skills.

Cons

Some weekend work required in some departments.

Excellent company to work for

Generally we worked as a team , to supply parts for first run on the production line . We had to co- ordinate body metal and pta parts for possibly 70 vehicles at a time , sometimes working overseas for a year

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Long hours sometimes

Contract

12 great years at Ford sad I was not able to secure a permanent job Felt excited to be part of a great company Great working atmosphere Good local management

Pros

Culture and remuneration

Cons

Job security

Jobs at Ford Motor Company

See more jobs

nice canteen grub

Enjoyed the few weeks spent there. Good secirity setup and procedures. Long treck from main road bus stop to actually get to the factory floor; no staff shuttle bus; got drenched by rain many a time, in spite of having an open umbrella. Wind blew rain against me from all directions.

Pros

Lunches were never free; and as a casual worker for a sub contractor, meals were not subsidised, so paid full price per item per meal.

Cons

No shuttle bus, and this a motor manufacturer.

Buen ambiente de trabajo y en equipo. Todo muy agradable.

Una de las mejores compañias del mundo. Buenos procedimientos y mejores politicas de desarrollo humano. La gente en Ford, se hace cooperativa y amigable. Buenos beneficios al personal que hace sentirse apoyado por la empresa. Ninguna queja, al contrario. Me gustĂČ trabajar en Ford!!!

Pros

Seguro mĂšdico. Comedor. Cumplidor y honestidad.

Cons

Ninhina.

A bit too reliant on Agile

FCE know what they are doing and how to get there. However they lack certain business knowledge within some IT teams and believe that adopting Agile technology will help them understand how to design robust business systems. Design decisions have been made based on little business knowledge. This may well backfire at some stage. I do hope not.

Pros

Progressive and supportive

Cons

Belief that Agile can deliver well designed mission critical systems

Excellent place to work ,if you can get in!

My experience is from the 12 week project for the UK Ventilator Challenge so i do not have a full understanding of the workings for the actual Ford engine plant. The atmosphere whilst working for this project was of trying our best in such a short time to achieve the impossible. But we did it , 12000 units in 12 weeks.

Pros

Decent rate of pay

Cons

No canteen facilities due to Covid.

A good company to work for

Ford know where they are going and they know the kind of people who can help them get there. They are a caring respectful company who take care of their people. There is a very positive 'can do' culture there and it shows in the results achieved by the employees

Pros

Positive forward thinking culture

Cons

Global solutions are not always best

Stay away and don’t even think to buy a Ford

Lots of stress, constant pressure, no meritocracy, most of the Managment staff are just incompetent with no skill. They micromanage all your work, HR doesn’t exist, no significant benefits. Toxic environment! Simply the worst!

Pros

Cons

Stress

I worked at Ford for 2 years and found all the staff friendly amd helpful. Management were always fair and inclusive. I had a good work life balance. Contract ended early due to Covid-19. I would return as it has a great work ethic and culture.

Pros

Friendly, Busy work environment

Cons

Contract worker not included in some aspects.

Good

It was a really good experience I recommend others to try this You can learn a lot from this job. As a matter of fact, i learnt a lot about the different types of engineering.

Wish I was still there.

An absolute pleasure to work at ford motor company ltd at Wembley and Wembley from 1991 to 1998. The discount for family was excellent. The staff were good to work with.

Pros

Good work and life balance.

Cons

Difficult to get promoted.

Enjoyable workplace

I was employed for nearly ten years and although shifts were tiring, it was a well paid and rewarding job. The work provided my family with a good pay and security enjoying a good lifestyle. It was a shock to everyone that the plant was to close but staff achieved much experience in order to find further employment.

Pros

Pay, team work

Cons

Shifts

Great Opportunity.

It was a great opportunity to be part of the team Ford UK in couple of the big Projects during my time working there. It helps me to developing my career and make good friends from Ford UK and worldwide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5K