Ford Motor Company logo

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Found 63 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,457 reviews

Enjoyable experience

A good company to work for, they encourage training and personal development. A very good health protection facility and generally a positive company.

Pros

Good pension

Very fun place to work

Really good company to work for Co workers are very supportive and excellent careers . The managing director always keep an eye on his employees and correct the works on the spot

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Excellent company to work for

Generally we worked as a team , to supply parts for first run on the production line . We had to co- ordinate body metal and pta parts for possibly 70 vehicles at a time , sometimes working overseas for a year

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Long hours sometimes

nice canteen grub

Enjoyed the few weeks spent there. Good secirity setup and procedures. Long treck from main road bus stop to actually get to the factory floor; no staff shuttle bus; got drenched by rain many a time, in spite of having an open umbrella. Wind blew rain against me from all directions.

Pros

Lunches were never free; and as a casual worker for a sub contractor, meals were not subsidised, so paid full price per item per meal.

Cons

No shuttle bus, and this a motor manufacturer.

Buen ambiente de trabajo y en equipo. Todo muy agradable.

Una de las mejores compañias del mundo. Buenos procedimientos y mejores politicas de desarrollo humano. La gente en Ford, se hace cooperativa y amigable. Buenos beneficios al personal que hace sentirse apoyado por la empresa. Ninguna queja, al contrario. Me gustĂČ trabajar en Ford!!!

Pros

Seguro mĂšdico. Comedor. Cumplidor y honestidad.

Cons

Ninhina.

Excellent place to work ,if you can get in!

My experience is from the 12 week project for the UK Ventilator Challenge so i do not have a full understanding of the workings for the actual Ford engine plant. The atmosphere whilst working for this project was of trying our best in such a short time to achieve the impossible. But we did it , 12000 units in 12 weeks.

Pros

Decent rate of pay

Cons

No canteen facilities due to Covid.

Stay away and don’t even think to buy a Ford

Lots of stress, constant pressure, no meritocracy, most of the Managment staff are just incompetent with no skill. They micromanage all your work, HR doesn’t exist, no significant benefits. Toxic environment! Simply the worst!

Pros

Cons

Stress

Enjoyable workplace

I was employed for nearly ten years and although shifts were tiring, it was a well paid and rewarding job. The work provided my family with a good pay and security enjoying a good lifestyle. It was a shock to everyone that the plant was to close but staff achieved much experience in order to find further employment.

Pros

Pay, team work

Cons

Shifts

Good

It's good to work there if you work well under pressure and work well to deadlines, you are quite often expected to work off your own initiative and work around the clock to suite the needs of the company at short notice.

Good workplace

Good workplace nice people clean environment good management, friendly staff, paid holidays no weekend work good overtime chance of bonuses staff social engagements

Pros

Good work place

Jobs at Ford Motor Company

See more jobs

Would recommend

Used to be a job for life and could be an excellent place to work. Great pay and good pension but moving work abroad and reductions in cost are costing peoples jobs. There's no job security.

Productive place

My bosses were excellent and there was no micro management. Contractors can have a very long career there. Salary is competitive but now they have moved to PDO, PMO team is being disbanded and contractors have left.

Good working conditions and pay

Excellent employer with excellent benefits. I'd never leave the company if it were not shutting Bridgend Plant. They gave me an education and a good living.

Fun and rewarding

Great place to work. Enjoyable. Stressful at times but you have the opportunity to earn a good wage. If you like cars then this is a good job for you.

Good Company

Good company to work for but little incentives for application/ assumption of responsibility. Excellent work life balance Good salary and benefits Two tier pay structure

Productive friendly evironment

Employment within Ford Motor Company over the past twelve years has proven to be diverse and varied enabling me to further and develop my skills. I was employed as an assembly worker on the JLR Land Rover Jaguar line from Jun 2007 to Jan 2008, moving on the JLR AJ Machining crank line as a CMM Operator from Jan 2008 till Feb 2015. Since then I have been based in the MP&L as a reach truck and counter balance truck driver plus line feeder. I have received the opportunity to progress and further develop my skills.

Pros

Excellent pension, competative salary, ford vehicle discount vouchers

Cons

Shift work, repetative role

Great company, Encouraging personel development

My role as a production operator was fulfilling and rewarding in that I felt valued part of a team . during my time at Ford I have been able to learn new skills and gained new qualifications. Management are supportive and approachable with good relationship based on trust and responsibility my shift patterns suited my life style and gave me time to spend with my family .

Pros

Pension scheme, good salary

Cons

shift work suited me

Good, stable working environment

Good place to work, the company really look after their employees and accommodate well when required to provide a good work-life balance. Overall, good benefits packages

Very good employer

Stayed with Ford for 30 years. Excellent company to work for. Excellent salary and sickness benefits. Also job security was good. Great pension scheme.

Pros

Job security

Ford

Interesting work - however as a contractor with ford you have little job security, my yearly contract was no renewed with only 5 days notice period leaving me little time to arrange new employment.

Pros

good canteen

Cons

no job security

It was kinda fun.

I can't really give a decent review as | was there as mandatory work experience from school. I got to pick my own hours so I just chose as close to my regular school hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5K