Formel D GmbH

Formel D GmbH Pay & benefits reviews

I set off to work earlier to account for any traffic or diversions because I like to arrive to work half an hour before time to give myself plenty of time to get started. I check various car parts before they go on production line to make sure that they meet the suppliers demands and if they don't we try to rework the parts to meet the suppliers requirements. Management is is pretty good when in work but when a question is raised it can take a bit to even get a answer. Jaguar Landrover has a good workplace and culture but the only thing that is a negative would be the toilets are not always clean. I enjoy the rework side of the job as I am constantly busy and time fly's by but at the same time the rework can be the hardest part of the job depending what I'm doing that day.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Agency work
The job description sounded interesting before the interview. During the interview, there weren't many details about the role what was an absolute mistake from the project manager because the job ended up about doing almost nothing during the week. The low salary (which was different from the first call of the recruiter and the interview) was going to be compensated with overtime which was cancelled on the first day of the job. When Uk went for the first lockdown, we receive a SMS saying "don't come to work until further notice", no explanation, no details, no furlough, no more information so far (8 months later) so we all started in new jobs.Perhaps other projects of the company work fantastically but not the one based in Uniparts, Oxford.
Joke of a company dont get any hours dont get paid properly they take a chunk of your salary I would never reccomend this job to anyone unless your desperate
Offered hours to have them cut on the day, sent home early, multiple days off, pay is not as advertised and pay overall is not enough to live on and overall bad company to work for.
Wages get fleeced by umbrella company so the above minimum wage rates pull u down to a normal job. No idea if you’ll be in on a day to day basis. Do not work for this s*it company
Company advertises job at 10 to 13 pound an hour. They use an umbrella company to pay you who take a percentage so you only end up on minimum wage anyway. Also the job security is really bad with a high turnover. Avoid at all costs!
Cons
As an agency, Formel D are definitely not up there with the best. The pay and hours based on where i was working for them are second to none, the management and job security is shocking
Pros
short days, excellent wage
Cons
poor management, poor agency, no job security
This employment is a very beneficial step in anybodies career as the projects undertaken are widespread and extremely interesting. I have learned a great deal about the automotive business from my very approachable managers and highly skilled colleagues.The hardest part of the job are the periods of inactivity between projects yet the most enjoyable part is the variety.
Pros
generous benefits for working away from home
Cons
periods of inactivity