Forth Valley College

Forth Valley College Employee Reviews

I loved my time t college great experience for me. But it is time for me to earn more money so I can live and work bit my time t college I learned so much .
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Eed to work
I think the college is a great place and I would mind a second year because I love attending the college ever 3 days a week I would definitely recommend it to a friend
good facilities and good knowledge from the lecturers, always worked to the highest of abilities and standards. Workshops well kept and all tooling also good
The college was good in their presentation of classes, however they weren't at all adequate in dealing with where I lived in relation to the college and so the balance between my study life and my personal life wasn't suitable for me.
this is just a normal college. lecture's were more than helpfull and I learned alot about photography I did not know. Personally I enjoyed my time there.
I learned a lot of studying at forth valley college for example I was a student there and not an employee but i did take over my own circuit classes which can help me with jobs.
my time at collage was and amazing expericene where I Iearnt lots of new skills and gained so much more than I thought I could ever do from sittting in a class room at my high school.... given the chance I would do in all again.
Pros
chance to progress, food supplied
Cons
public transport wasnt all the best for me!
This was not work experience this was a college course I attended the college as a student doing a construction course. I did various jobs within the construction industry.
Pros
close to home
i work in a gallery restaurant in college, serving customers, cleaning surface, helping customers, taking food order drink order and placing their seated,
learned something new everyday and everybody was friendly and helped eachother complete all tasks and give advice when needed. at the end of the term we all became good friends
Forth valley college is where i am currently studying travel and tourism. This is not so much a work place for learning where I am currently learning about the travel and tourism industry.
Work here for a week while at school but was in charge of filing answering the phone and taking students applications and passing to the correct department.
This introductory course is designed for people who have few formal qualifications and little experience of office work. The course takes an active approach to developing the skills that are essential when working in a business or office environment. On completion learners will be able to present themselves effectively to employers and customers, work with others and make informed decisions about their future employment and training plans.
Through this course I learned how to use all my transferable skills in terms of analysing to solve problems and writing reports, utilise my creative skills on computer aided drawing software. This helped to improve my communication skills, as well as enhance my gained background knowledge and my practical experiences.
Organizational skills Design and Development Educational Courses Delivering Developed Courses to Students and Industrialists Leadership skills
Pros
Use of Gym
Cons
n/a
great staff great work ethnic happy to help always helping each other long days not enough brakes always a good laugh while being profesional
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I enjoyed this course as I gained a lot of new skills, knowledge and experience. I met a lot of new people, some of which I am still friends with today.
Pros
lots of expeience
Cons
too far to travel
I found the college to be a great place to learn with a relaxed atmosphere. meeting new people and working with people of a variety of ages and life experience.
Pros
social aspect
Cons
travel
I was only at this College on a part-time basis but had a very good experience working within the Creative Industry Faculty as lecturer. I was treated very well and offered support and encouragement by all of my colleagues.
Pros
great support and culture
Cons
Currently studying Business, including: Marketing, Economics, Business Law, IT, Spreadsheets, Communications, Human Resources, Managing People and Accountancy. About to start a Chartered Management Institute course in my spare time.
Pros
Only in college 3 days a week
Cons
Lack of workplace experience
good fun learning day on engineering and learing alot on maths English and the hands on experience with the tools, great managering by all members of staff and a fun learning experience with the other students/co-workers as we could learn from each other and help each other out.
Pros
student life
Cons
hard mathematics