Fosse Healthcare logo
Fosse Healthcare

Fosse Healthcare Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Good Team

I enjoy working within my team as we have a good working relationship and all have the same goal. I have worked alongside some of the team for quite a few years which has helped build a good working environment. Every day is a different day which makes the job exciting as you never know what to expect.

Just a number

Service users say they feel ignored as do staff who work in the community. Lots of back stabbing and gossip between care and office staff. Expected to work long hours. Travel time and millage never seems to match what i did. No compassion from the office when a service user passes away at all. Supposed to have a 2 hour gap between morning/lunch and tea/bed visits but this never happened. I was lucky if i got an hour.I enjoyed the job and the service users company but like most care companies profit comes before anything else.

Pros

Time with service users

Cons

Long hours and no breaks

Not valued, guilt trips

Guilt tripped all the time, not valued, rude and unprofessional management, don't care about personal issues. Lack of communication from management to carers.

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Management, pay

22 March 2021
Hello and thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that this is the experience you have had with our Healthcare team. If you get a moment I would be grateful if you could email across some more specific feedback so we can use this to continue to develop our team. Regards, Collettecollette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk

Training

Only just completed trading but impressed with what I have seen and experienced so far. The training was upbeat and informative and I gained knew knowledge and skills.

Pros

Get out and meet people and interacting with other humans

Cons

Can’t stay in bed no more lol 😂

Rude and unprofessional

Like you tend to see with a majority of healthcare providers, they are unprepared, unprofessional and only care about profit. The way they treat both staff and potential candidates shows this. Ghosted or ignored when sending emails or wanting assistance.

25 January 2021
Good morning, I'm so sorry to hear your emails or enquiries have not been responded to. If you are happy to send any enquiries to me directly I'll follow this up with the healthcare team to find out what's happened. collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk

More you give the more they want.

The service users are lovely. The staff are brill.. well some. The office staff are ok when they want to be. Certain office staff think they are above everyone else and can say and do what they please. No consideration for your family life. The more you give to the company the more they want. Full of false promises to get staff.

25 January 2021
Good morning, I'm sorry to hear you feel we have not kept to our word; I am very particular about my advertisements to ensure this doesn't happen! I would be grateful if you would email me directly so we can discuss this, and your comments regarding the office, so we can see what's happened here. collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk.

Not good

Not a good company to work for. No Communication. Don't get paid for amount of hours your out. Some carers had a can't be asred attitude whiles some was good. Management need some training as they hasn't got a clue when you needed to no anything. No communications what so ever

Pros

Cons

No breaks

25 January 2021
Good morning. thank you for your review. Working in homecare can often mean going out to our clients alone, and as such it is not always easy for the office staff to see or know when our care staff are not feeling or acting 100%. We are rectifying this by doing spot checks where possible, but I appreciate you letting us know, too.I understand that in this instance you felt there was not the right level of communication within your branch, and if you are happy to discuss this with me further I would like to help you find out what's happened here. collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk.

Not good

They don’t pay you for a whole weeks worth of training, they didn’t tell me that it was a zero hour contract until I had to sign it, when I started the communication was awful, some staff didn’t follow professional boundaries, they was rude, didn’t welcome me in at all. Not a very good experience at all, I left after a few weeks.

Pros

Cons

Not professional

25 January 2021
Good morning, all our branches offer both zero hour and guaranteed hour contracts where appropriate. Perhaps this is a breakdown in communication somewhere, as you say. I would be grateful if you could get in touch and let me know of your experiences so we can look to rectify this for the future. collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk

Lovely staff

Fosse are by far the best company I’ve trained with. I felt like I was a given so much information and supported fully. I’ve learnt so much more than I thought I could and can’t wait to start Highly recommend

Pros

Zoom calls were a good way to interact during the pandemic

25 January 2021
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We have plans in place to make the most of Zoom to interact more with our care staff than we currently do, which we hope will make a big difference! Let me know how you're getting on! collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk

Excellent training program

Staff are lovely. Training program is really good very informative and staff are very friendly and approachable. Interview process is very thorough which I was impressed with this ensures they have the right staff. Background checks also completed. A lot of information given about the role and also around the training program

Pros

Nice staff. Good pay rate. Hours to suit

Cons

I haven’t any

25 January 2021
Thank you for your lovely review. Hope you're getting on okay!

Jobs at Fosse Healthcare

See more jobs

Fantastic Company to work for

I have worked for Fosse since 2016 and have always felt part of the team. During the uncertain times we are experiencing due to the Pandemic, Fosse have gone above and beyond to keep their employees safe; from care workers to the office team. I am proud to work for Fosse! The team I work with make everyday in the office enjoyable, through the tough days and good days!

Pros

Great team in the office

25 January 2021
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are lucky to have the awesome office teams we have in place, all of which have done their very best for our clients and our staff in such a difficult time.

Organised company

For the small time period of being in contact with this company they have been able to provide quick responses to any queries.The team always check in on my progress with set tasks and management frequently ask if I need any help.

Pros

Able to keep learning and develop my skills in the care industry

Cons

I haven’t come across any so far

Efficient and Effective

Recruitment was swift and even though had some issues with contact references they persevered and kept going to ensure everything was done. all the processes were explained clearly throughout and were very efficient. Ended up at a different site than what I applied for but that was not down to an error by fosse but by care provider swift solutions provided so All good so far

Pros

Training and support

Cons

no travel expenses covered

Positive and fun working environment

The recruitment process with Fosse Healthcare is quick and easy, from applying for the position to being signed off you are made to feel welcome and part of the Fosse Family. The training Fosse provide is very beneficial and you are supported not only during your virtual training but when out working in the community also.With endless benefits, you won't look back!

Pros

Great management, fun workplace, progression.

Couldn't wish for better

From the day my interview was held I felt apart of the Fosse family. Four years on and I am still here and progressing in my position. I couldn't of wished for a better job and better people to spend my time with.

Pros

Work doesn't feel like work

Cons

I have no cons

Great Place and Team to Work with

Really enjoy coming to work , a great team to work alongside , Strong leadership and guidance , would highly recommend joining the Fosse family a really great place to work

Pros

incentives

Cons

n/a

Fast paced Environment but always full off laughter

Lots of progression opportunities within the company, everyone in the office will always go the extra mile to help each other out and always on stand by to go out the way for one another.

Pros

Being within the Community

Great work place to work at

I have been working for fosse health care since 2018 , when was tupe over, they have all been amazing and supportive to work for, management are very approachable and will provide you with all the support and training you require.Since covid-19 fosse health care have gone above and beyond to ensure all staff have all the correct training and PPE in place

Pros

Supportive company

Dynamic and Proactive business

The day to day business is always a challenge with great team players. Complimentary comments regarding the carers from all of the service users. Driving the quality of our business forward to ensure that our service users are satisfied with the service we are providing. Great and positive feedback from Social Services and working closely with them

Pros

Pension scheme

Cons

Flexibility and Trust

Excellent Company to work for with amazing career opportunities - Dont miss out!!

I joined the Fosse Family nearly 5 years ago and I was given the opportunity to become the first recruitment officer for our Shirebrook (Mansfield) branch having only care experience and no recruitment experience I wasn’t sure I would be accepted for this role and the worry after explaining the reasons for leaving the care home i worked for due to having a planned back operation 3 months after my employment started with Fosse. Fosse were extremely understanding of my planned operation and within weeks i was welcomed in, trained and had a plan ready for my surgery which massively helped and supported me financially too, which gave me a lot of reassurance as i was homebound for 6 weeks with 2 children. Within 5 years of employment here at Fosse i have massively progressed and worked my way up to the Regional recruitment manager, managing a lovely team of recruiters across the board. I wouldn’t have been where i am today without the fantastic training and continuous support i have received. We are all one and we work well 😊 Many of our management team have worked their way up from starting their career with Fosse as a care worker or tupeeing over from other care companies. I would highly recommend working for Fosse Healthcare as well as care services for the vulnerable in your community.

Pros

Very well looked after

Great place to work!

I applied to work for Fosse at the beginning of August, and was contacted by the recruitment officer within 2 days, and began my training after 4 days. Once I completed training the recruitment officer got in contact to let me know what stage my DBS was at, alongside my references, I was kept informed of each stage and once everything was through I was invited in to the office to sign everything, collect uniform, PPE and sort out my shadow shifts. Here I met the branch manager, care coordinator and recruitment officer face to face. I did my shadow shifts and felt competent to go out to work alone. I have done a mixture of double and single calls, and thoroughly enjoyed each shift. For me personally, knowing there is always a senior member of staff I can contact has really helped - be it 630am or 1030pm! There’s a true sense of ‘family’ from the entire team, everyone gets along with each other and can lean on one another for support if it’s needed. We are sent text messages if sick cover is needed, but there’s no pressure to accept the shift if you can’t do it. I asked for 4 shifts a week, which I do get even on zero hours, I pick up more shifts where I can because I love going to the service users homes and making sure that they are taken care of. The pros of working for Fosse are being part of an incredible team, weekly pay, and knowing you’re doing something amazing in every single call you do. The only cons would be not having all the time in the world with your service users - I could spend all day at their home keeping them company.

Pros

As above

Cons

As above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fosse Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement