Fosse Healthcare

Fosse Healthcare Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Good working environment

Its a good environment to work in however hours are unpredictable. staff are nice however management could be better. looking after the residents can be enjoyable at times.

Horrible

Awful company to work for, Manager is shocking, Promise all sorts but all about take till your anxiety levels are through the rough, Some office staff are good but management is shocking, nothing will ever get done. Carers are spoken to like they don’t mean anything things that are said behind carers back is nasty. You will want to eventually be out of there.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Management, use you, false promises, no support

Supportive and rewarding company that looks after their employees

Since joining Fosse Healthcare everyone has been so supportive, they make you feel comfortable right from the start and continuously look to help and reward their staff. I cannot recommend them enough.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, supportive, rewarding

Not good

Not a good company to work for. No Communication. Don't get paid for amount of hours your out. Some carers had a can't be asred attitude whiles some was good. Management need some training as they hasn't got a clue when you needed to no anything. No communications what so ever

Pros

Cons

No breaks

25 January 2021
Good morning. thank you for your review. Working in homecare can often mean going out to our clients alone, and as such it is not always easy for the office staff to see or know when our care staff are not feeling or acting 100%. We are rectifying this by doing spot checks where possible, but I appreciate you letting us know, too.I understand that in this instance you felt there was not the right level of communication within your branch, and if you are happy to discuss this with me further I would like to help you find out what's happened here. collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk.

Positive and fun working environment

The recruitment process with Fosse Healthcare is quick and easy, from applying for the position to being signed off you are made to feel welcome and part of the Fosse Family. The training Fosse provide is very beneficial and you are supported not only during your virtual training but when out working in the community also.With endless benefits, you won't look back!

Pros

Great management, fun workplace, progression.

Office staff go out their way to help

I love working for fosse. I’ve worked for them, left came back. They are always happy to have me back. There’s plenty of work available. I can pick my own shifts. Good communication, supportive, good training. Always been paid correctly and on time.

Pros

Hours always available

Cons

Have to pay your own dbs

28 September 2020
Welcome back! Thank you for your lovely feedback; I will relay back to the office that our staff have mentioned they would prefer not to pay for their own DBS.

to many hours and dont get paid for all the hours u do

iam a driver and I get paid for the hours I work in clients house and get nothing for traverling for call to call so I could do a 10 hours a day and only get paid for 6 the rest is traverling which I think is shockin and be low average wage and u get calls put on u with out them asking u first which makes your day longer

20 May 2020
Good morning, I am a little concerned regarding your review here as all driving care staff at Mansfield are paid for travel between shifts. When our staff are working long hours they can easily accumulate a coupe of hours just in travel time, so we ensure our staff are compensated. If this is not something which has been automatically reflected on our payslips I would recommend contacting the branch so this can be looked into for you. If you would like to speak to me directly about this or any other concerns, you can do so via collette.compton@fossehealthcare.co.uk.Regards, Collette

Awful management

Management is disgraceful, company do not care about employees. Payroll is a joke, wages barely paid on time and when they are not all wages included in pay. Would not recommend working for FOSSE especially if you have children.

Derby

Terrible company lots of lies. It says paid training it isn’t you don’t get paid for training. Takes weeks to actually start they offer contacted hours at the interview but then only offer zero hours after you have wasted time and money doing the training and traveling back and forth to fill in paperwork. Only give 2 uniforms which is a hygiene risk and cross contamination risk. Equipment is cheap. Office is questionable very sparse on office equipment which rings alarm bells. Very shabby. Stay away. There are better companies out there. Pay is poor.

Cons

Excellent service to all clients and carers

When I first started at fosse I didn’t think I would have the love for my job that have now, I don’t see my role as carer as a job anymore it’s a hobby for me. My passion for being a carer has grown massive with all the support the co-ordinators have given me and management to. The hours are flexible and done around my 2 children. I was recently promoted as senior and it’s made me become a believer as no matter how hard your job can be you can always succeed in what you do. The salary is great! All monies is paid on time from the hard work of the accountant. Overall fosse is a great company to work for if you have a passion for being a carer, it’s one of those jobs you take a risk and you’ll either love it hate it. All service users are given the best care by all care workers making sure we reach targets and making sure they get all the benefits they need.

Pros

Hours are great & flexible. Supported within your job role.

Cons

N/a

Jobs at Fosse Healthcare

See more jobs

A care company that doesn’t care

Terrible company to work for, employees treated terribly, office staff amongst the worst not professional at all, the company could be so much better just the wrong people in the office! Most often no travel time and walkers sent miles with no time to get there

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, treated very poorly, demanding carers with d and v still go to work, not professional at all

Hard work little pay

The carers are lovely but no support from management. Holiday pay usually wrong, have to spend time chasing up your holiday pay. Annual leave always seems to be wrong, roted on to work when you’ve booked holidays which causes constant calls to the office to correct. Same as any care company really, lots of hard work and running around for little pay with very little training and support Office staff are very rude and unhelpful (apart from the odd 1 or 2) only interested that calls are covered Be prepared to have no home life and too work every hour possible to take home a decent wage!

Pros

Cons

No support

Unorganized and incredibly demanding for an extremely low wage.

Fosse will ask for blood and sweat, without much in return. Full availability means 19 hours shifts for 12 days in a row, and even on your days off, you will be expected to work overtime. There's no travel time between calls and calls are up to 3 miles apart to intentionally avoid paying you travel time. They only pay the carers for the duration they're in the call, but charge clients the full fee. Notice on shifts can be as little as 9 hours. The office is uncooperative and very ignorant. Any issues raised will not get to the right person and any promise made will not be upheld unless you kick off. And I'm fairly certain they messed up my wages during my stint with them too. After handing in my resignation and returning my uniform and phone, I also never received my P45.

Pros

The clients are fantastic and understand the poor nature of the office, most of the time.

Cons

See above.

workplace

Typical care assistant work the more you work, the less you get paid mileage and travel time not paid correctly if you decide to work for them, get into the habit of recording everything (miles, travel time, etc.) And good luck )

Average care job

If you are a driver you will have to work a lot more than the none drivers with no benefits which is very annoying. The management staff will most likely not help with your problems - if you are running late in your shift; they most likely not cover some calls to get back on time which means you have to rush around, resulting in your service users not receiving the care they should.

Pros

always work available

Cons

rushing around a lot

Fosse

Good company to work for however zero hours contract. Fosse are a good company to work for the office staff are supportive and there is alot of variety within the job role.

Pros

flexible

Cons

zero hours contracts

Best place I've ever worked

This is a fab company to work for. By far the best company I have ever worked for. Everyone who I have come across really does care - from the care staff to the directors!! Will be here for a long time to come!

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly management team

Cons

Work life balance = all work no life

The original advert offered flexible working to fit in around your personal life, but in reality after offering help through staff annual leave and sickness working 7 days a week became the norm.

Pros

£9 p/h

Cons

Not paid between calls or travel time.

Clients are lovely

Over work staff don't get paid traveling time and get no traveling time get call times wrong all the time cutting calls to fit calls in not a very good company to work for

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fosse Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement