Four Seasons Health Care

residentfshclovelycqcrubbishseasonrotabullying

Lovely place to work

Featured review

Four Seasons Health Care selected this as a representative review
I was working for FSHC for 3years. They will definitely appreciate the right and hardworking staff. All staff are very friendly and helpful. I joined as a HCA then Sr CARER in year time, later they gave me an opportunity to work as a Maintenance. Unfortunately my personal reason I left the company but I always happy to work FSHC again.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

12 hours shift

Friendly workplace

Staff members are involved to work and they take all what is possible for residents comfort. Cooperation is very important to us and everyone do all what they can. All problems are resolved ASAP. Extra shifts are available if somebody is free.

Pros

Trainings

Cons

Extra shifts

Insights into Four Seasons Health Care

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Impressive and supportive management

I have worked for this company for almost 1 year and I must say that each day comes with a new responsibility. The management of my Home is supportive. The only thing awful is the poor take home.

Awful place to work. Avoid at all costs. No wonder they’re desperate for staff

Wouldn’t recommend working here in the slightest. Unsupportive management who cannot adhere to confidentiality. So many things being covered up, even head office won’t deal with complaints properly.

Cons

Unsupportive management, understaffed, rules being broken, policies not followed.

Fine but not for me long hours

I did get on with most of the staff resident s are lovely. But long hours and no home life to much paper work not enough time To be with resident s which. They come first.

Don't apply !

Do not work for this company! You will be over worked with lack of pay for your responsibility. If you don't smoke and fit in with the clique then you will be pushed out my any means necessary even if that means lying about staff that do their job properly and better than those in the clique. Most residents are aggressive and abusive but they dont tell you this as its not a challenging behaviour home , at the end of the day you leave with cuts and bruises from residents with know actual knowledge or training of how to report these incidents. You will be doing other departments jobs as this place is dangerously short staffed for example, cleaners jobs and kitchens job on a regular basis. Those above you will treat you like complete dirt and have no consequences to their actions. If you try reporting anything then management will tell you "that's not at the top of my priority list". You will also be told to be on your best behaviour and best practice when Local authorities and CQC are coming to visit which is on a regular basis. There is very bad practice throughout the whole home from staff with no sign or determination of changing. There is more agency staff than permanent staff.

Terrible Company

Absolutely terrible company to work for. Head office do not appreciate their employees efforts and always prioritise admissions and occupying the beds, rather than looking after the wellbeing of the residents which they already have. It was a constant fight to buy anything for staff and residents as it would be scrutinised by Head Office. At times, we were told we could not order fresh bed sheets and flannels for residents as we were slightly over budget, meaning residents had to sleep in dirty stained sheets. All the staff want is the very best for their residents but under this company it is impossible!I would not recommend this company whatsoever. Poor salary, constantly promised pay reviews which do not happen, ever-increasing workload with no support or consideration from Head Office, general maintenance of the home being completely disregarded, poor work-life balance, NO RECOGNITION for hard work. The only positive to the job is getting to know the residents and spending time with them.Not worth the hassle in my opinion and I would strongly advise against this company.

Supportive , realistic

I am happy with four seasons, good support network for managers, always some one to talk to . Realistic directors and regional managers. Forward thinking and home managers able to make the home a community hub .

Workplace

I enjoyed my time working for four seasons health I worked was not very nice because the staff was bullies and I didn't think it was fair on new starters.

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

They bully new starts

Productive and demanding place to work

Working here demands physical, mental and emotional fitness. You have to be a good worker with experience but if you are new and open minded, there are staff who ready to help. Good thing is the management is accessible and you can be sure to have the needed attention at every point in time. If you are sloppy and easily discouraged, this is not the place for you.

Diabolic company to work for

Management always changing poorly run, no time for there staff just a number, pay is rubbish work load is horrendous staffing levels low, can't keep staff

Pros

Some nice staff

Cons

Long hours under paid

Excellent

Very nice atmosphere with a good amount of work experience. People are good at listening to you and need you to be present when asking you to do what they need.

Stay clear!

The culture is horrible, you never see the Regional Manager as she is always working from home. Complain to the Managing Director but nothing happens as he is in a relationship with her. HR aren’t much help either. Not a nice place to work the poor residents don’t get the care they deserve.

Good money but lack of support

Good if you like working in a care home, unfortunately you will not get any support from management. Some colleagues cannot be bothered, minority are very passionate about caring for elderly. Good team on night shifts.

Pros

Working with people

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful

Don't do it

Worst experience of my life , they had no supply's in order to do activities with the residents. You get £1 per resident per month . I was using my own money to buy supply's just so the resident's had something to do .

Pros

No pros

Cons

They have a £1 per resident a month

No team work

No team work everyone is gossiping about each other and they get you to do 12hr shifts and call you in on your day off so you work most of time management do not care about staff

Cons

Long hours no team work

Over worked underpaid and under valued!

Management is none existent no experience from home manager makes decisions without any advice from nurses or seniors etcHorrible atmosphere to work constant back stabbing and women working together who frankly hate each other Wages are pennies for what your expected to doTaking people on who have no idea what they are doing and putting more on your workloadNo bonus no thank yous no nothing

Pros

Residents

Cons

Everything else

Mentally draining

Would not recommend this company to anyone. No support from management, left to handle everything on your own! No support from staff or nurses. Horrible place to work, they don’t not care about mental well-being

Pros

Residents

Cons

Pay, management, treatment

Happy

I’m up and down in my work lack of staff to much use of agency that don’t want to work as a team and think it’s ok to sleep and when u ask them to stay awake they get funny and rude towards u management are lovely and understanding and supporting great care team will help each other if able to has its ups and downs like other homes residents can be challenging at times but there all lovely in there own ways and if it wasn’t for the residents we wouldn’t have a job so every day I’m greatful to be there working with all the residents and all the staff

Fun but mostly stressful

Management is considerate. Workplace is fun and care staff seemed to enjoy at first. But the ratio became very overwhelming for everyone. Same number of staff for more patients.

No support no help no teamwork

The more you give the more they take, no support from management, if it wasn’t for the nurses people would of gone along time ago. There has been so many people leaving because of being short staffed and it’s a struggle to do the job properly. To much pressure, residents are not getting the care they need and for they pay they should be getting 5 star treatment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement