Four Seasons

Four Seasons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom118 reviews

Found 118 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,120 reviews

Excellent Employer

Four Seasons is in my mind the pinnacle of the luxury hotel groups with which to embark upon a career. It offers excellent career opportunities internationally, in an exciting, fast paced and rewarding environment.Four Seasons take excellent care of their staff, but also require the utmost dedication from them - it is for those who are adaptable and willing to go the extra mile. This is not the career choice for those seeking work/life balance, but for those looking for an exciting adventure with excellent benefits.

Pros

Excellent brand, benefits, progression opportunities

Cons

productive and fun place to work at

Four seasons as a company is one of the best company I have work for, unfortunately I made a mistake by not staying with them, they have excellent benefit, wage structure, well suported , good work life balance

Pros

you are well looked after

Cons

sometime long hours

Fantastic Hotel to work for, fun, fast pace especially in spa.

Incredible job prospects to climb up the ladder. Yet also very supportive in which ever role you take on.On starting you learn how to be 5 star, with onsite training. 4 seasons London has achieved 5 stars for many years and they keep this with how they treat there employees. They treat them with the respect each and every one deserves.The spa can be quite busy, team work is essential and massage is very regular so the need to be strong and fit is important.

Pros

Meals on duty provided. Uniform provided

Cons

The best job I ever had.

I genuinely loved everyday I had at this company, it had a strong culture and the best people you will ever work with.I wanted to stay here forever and I was happy in my role.Six months in and covid destroyed my world,they wanted me to do both front office and pbx and change my hours to do so.I didn't feel like I was strong enough to do that and with business at an all time low I was let in on that they had the intention to sack me due to business (It wasn't their fault,it was just a business move) & I understood that.I am still heartbroken six months on and one day would like to return.A lot of people complained about this and that but I felt like gold dust everytime I was there.I was never sad entering or leaving the building.I miss them so much.

Pros

The people, good free coffee, and food.

Cons

I didn't see anything wrong in my job.I loved it.

Highly valuable experience

This company is one of the best ones you can work for within the hospitality industry. Once you make it through the 4-stage interview process, the company will then welcome you warmly and provide appropriate training and tools that you will need to perform your duties. The company also offers many employee benefits, including a number of complimentary nights at FS sister properties, "employee of the month" awards, development opportunities and so on. These, however, come at the price of working in a busy often stressful environment, dealing with high-profile guests, having to work AM, PM and night shifts as well as weekends and bank holidays (depending on a position). Also, (not a company's fault rather an internal issue), some senior people within the company are not very collaborative and supportive, which makes it difficult to solve problems. Although the company says that the employees are their greatest assets, they won't hesitate to get rid of even some of the most loyal and hard-working people, in the middle of the crisis. Should that happen, at least you will be left with a highly valuable experience and many transferable skills that will make you an attractive candidate for many roles even outside the hotel sector.

Good Employer but Management not supportive

This company is a good employer and has great benefits that other workplaces do not have. However, their management is not as supportive of their employees and their learning. They do not facilitate career progress as advertised. There is favoritism between people of the same nationalities.

Pros

Sick Pay (higher than SSP)

Cons

Favoritism based on nationality

busy work place

Management is very poor but if you enjoy always being busy it is a great working atmosphere. You are provided with lunch on site but would RECOMMEND taking you own!!

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Don't have much of a social life away from the hotel

Girl to fat to work because of sore knees

As I worked for them I worked at nights I work with a girl and she was fat and she got away doing nothing because she said that she had sore keens so she never did any one hour rounds and it killed her walking up the stairs but when down stairs ordered takeaway there was nothing wrong with her knee's and every night any one worked with her they had to do her work also and she got paid for sleeping and doing nothing

Good.

Best what i liked was golden rule. ''Treat others as you wish to be treated'' Good people to work with friendly and nice managers. Training is provided fast. High standard.

Overall a good expirirence

Overall a good experience. Good opportunities to advance. The salaries are low due to the overall low salaries in the hospitality industry. Though, It is a good step to advance your career and see how big companies work.

Good friendly atmosphere staff worked well together caring for residents. Good living space for the elderly. Many happy and social activities during most days.

I love my job

I work as a receptionist 15 hours per week. I enjoy the interaction with the residents and visitors. I find my colleagues friendly and focused, much more than when I worked for the civil service and nhs. Probably because we all want to make sure that our residents and their care is our no.1 priority. The pay isn't great but job satisfaction is.

9 April 2020
Thank you for your review as a current Receptionist and for letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.

Lovely staff

Busy but supportive environment. Needs to be hard working, able to use initiative aswell as take direction from other staff members. Lovely welcoming staff and various dependency needs of residents

Long hours and very hard work for an average Salary

The teams are very nice and willing to help, there is overall a good atmosphere Salary under average Very hard work, long hours unpaid Very inexperienced and weak management

11 March 2020
Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback about management and compensation reaches the appropriate people.

Good place

Good team work Good management Making the people there feel good and safe Knowing u can rely on the team Supporting and showing a smile everyday Talking is good

It wasn’t that bad of a job for me as a cleaner but very boring and not enough money to sure I’ve on for sure

My part of the job didn’t have too many problems but you see the care assistants are constantly going through issues that should be made easier for them, the management seemed somewhat lazy to put it bluntly and really not that bothered to be honest.

Job.

The job itself was enjoyable, residents were/are lovely, they weren't the problem! Management & staff was the difficulty, management employed family & close friends to work there, that was not good especially when family members were not only related but they all worked on the same shift & same days, family staff who were employed should've been put on different shifts I.e nights/days because there was an awful lot of favouritism, if anything occurred family side was always taken everytime, other members of staff who worked the same shifts were NOT believed!!! That was the main reason I left.

Worst company I have ever worked for

The higher management structure was unsupportive and unpleasant and critical of staff who were doing their best in difficult circumstances with limited resources.

Very professional, and Luxury

Business is very fast paced, luxury hotel almost in the middle of the heart of London. Loved working there helping and serving customers and sometimes very high talented people or celebrities.

3 January 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Banqueting Waiter. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time at Four Seasons and best of luck in your future endeavors!

Nice Company

Four Seasons was a great client to work for and produce video content for. I would recommend them to others looking at working with or for Four Seasons.

10 December 2019
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us here at Four Seasons. Have a great day!

Friendly

A great place to work with like minded people. Salary could be more competitive if you enjoy the slow pace and a variation of your job then this is for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2