Fox & Sons Estate Agency logo
Fox & Sons Estate Agency

Fox & Sons Estate Agency Employee Reviews

Overworked and lack of autonomy.

If you are looking for a role where you can provide suggestion and input to the running of an office, do not work here.If you do not it their way and only their way, you will hate it!

Great training

I started as an apprentice and enjoyed completing my apprenticeship whilst I learnt about Estate Agency. After completing my apprenticeship I was offered a job as a sales negotiator. The commission is great and I really enjoy my job. I mainly show people around houses which is very interesting. I love seeing the houses and meeting new people. My teamAre very supportive and nothing is ever too much

Pros

Commission, training

Fantastic company & opportunities

Good company to work for. Excellent career progression and scope to earn very good money as the commission is not capped. The commission scheme is far better than other agents. Good training department. Fox & sons take on people who are willing by to learn and give them the chance to peruse a career in estate agency. During the recent pandemic the company were absolutely fantastic, very supportive and kept me informed the whole way through the journey. I was very thankful to be working for such a great company when other agency chains instantly laid off staff. Following the pandemic fox and sons/ sequence actually expanded there staff !

Pros

Commission structure

Cons

Good workplace, most people very driven

Good team, very friendly bunch of people, very driven to their jobs, stressful and long hours for the salary, commission quite low for what I’m looking for

Pros

Friendly teams, commission basis

Cons

Long hours, salary wasn’t as high as expected

Dreadful!!!

Poor pay, poor management, poor staff retention. Says it all!! Very target driven, targets generally unattainable, though if you do hit it, they will be raised đź‘Ť

Company that doesn’t listen to its staff

Long hours, not competitive with the local estate agents (fees too high), management look after them selves. Typical day is morning meeting about previous day including what’s on the tv. EA are then meant to drop leaflets but don’t - usually a coffee and cake in costa for an hour. Viewings done ✅ then answer the phone. Workplace culture between EA and mortgage services not good as EA team see Mortgages as a bind that sucks up a lot of income. 1 good thing is that if you’ve made it to a years service as an EA you will usually get the managers role or a promotion. Enjoyable part of the job is you made get a nice/professionals management team that support you. Mortgage staff are expected to be a negotiator in quieter offices. Salary is not very good as EA and you don’t get pay increases at all not even to keep up with inflation so every year it’s like your getting a decrease,

Postive

I had a good time at fox and sons due to a cultivating work atmosphere and having a good work ethic. They allowed to me to be in front of clients learning how to handle all types of situations.

Summary overview

OK company, generic sales men - a bit slimy ans creepy. Probably would not work there again. This was a couple of years ago now though. Friends have worked there and were happy.

Fantastic way to get in to Estate Agency

If you are looking for a career in estate agency look no further ... Plenty of opportunity for career progression, training is great! Fox and Sons will look to employ people for attitude and drive rather than estate agency experience. Where as most other agents will look fit expierence. Lots of potential to influence your earnings.

Pros

Career progression, potential earnings can be influenced

Cons

Long hours which is expected in estate agency

Not enjoyable

Not a good work/life balance - expected to work well over 40hrs with no overtime High pressured Expected to knock on peoples doors to get information and try and get them on the market - very intrusive

Jobs at Fox & Sons Estate Agency

See more jobs

n/a

Fox and Sons was a fantastic opportunity for me to learn all about the agency industry, however after 4 years full time, i soon realized that my skills and passion for the property industry needed more, i found myself taking on a role as Branch Director for a brand new estate agents in Surrey and not before long i had there pipeline over ÂŁ130,000, after many years in estate agency i am now ready to expand into the other property sectors that are our there! and really take on a challenge.

Target driven

Fox and Sons is part of a national corporate company with over 300 offices. Offering the opportunity of selling homes from a variety of options including New Homes and the in house Auction Department. The business is target driven and a morning meeting sets up the day. Everyday there are new people to meet from all walks of life, you need to be able to listen and build a rapport with them to be able to help them with their move. Selling and buying is not a quick process there are many aspects to it from registration, making financial appointments, liaising with solicitors and clients and administration but it is rewarding to see how you can help people into their homes.

Pros

Company car

All promise, no fullfilment

Lots of promises made about salary and progression. No assistance with managing lead providers. Staff changed every month, so training became redundant.

Pros

Its not for life

Cons

Terrible company career suicide

Hard job

Enjoyed the people I worked with. Was very long hours and the company did have a bad name. I enjoyed dealing with face to face customers and meeting different people.

Pros

Good commision

Just awful

Low salary, lots of targets too many training days, low basic high commission, high staff turn over, too many meetings. sooner or later you will leave

terrible pay

poor structure and training with terrible salary ands monetary benefits. too reliant on a strong office in order to succeed and this is not possible within crawley.

Not very personal

There are opportunities for promotion within the company, however there is a tight circle of long standing staff who are always favoured over the newer members of staff, regardless of their ability.

Pros

Comany Car

Cons

Senior management structure

Limited work

I found myself with little work to do and often board, and that was working part time. There were several occasions where I was working overtime but was given no work to do and no overtime pay. The benefits of the job, however, was my colleagues were polite and hardworking people.

amazing training

fox and sons gave me a foot in the door to the estate agency world providing me with training from professionals. also gave me clear goals and targets and i could see my career progression. always notice people who work hard and achieve good results and support those who need help. have gained life long friends while working here and although sometimes stressful the job can be very rewarding, the bosses above know everyone on first name basis which creates a family feeling. very good company to work for.

Pros

rewards for meeting targets

Cons

long days, if you have a winning mentality.

Saturday viewing assistant

My role was to show people round at appointments for a house viewing at the weekends. I learned about property management and how to keep up to date details on the website. My colleagues were very helpful and I was made to feel part of the team. I was also given the responsibility of opening and closing the shop.

Pros

Fun working enviroment

Cons

Not much travelling time between appointments

Fast paced corperate agent

I started out as a Negotiator and quickly moved to Senior Negotiator within the company. A typical day as a Senior Negotiator would start off with a team meeting on what needs to be achieved for the day as an office and individually. For a few months I was a covering manager so I would carry out these meetings and set targets for each individual which I enjoyed as I love taking on responsibility! As a Senior I would carry out viewing feedback with potential buyers and give viewing feedback to vendors. Communication with vendors was one of the biggest things I focused on because it is the easiest way to be dis-instructed. I would also conduct valuations and take on new stock. I was fortunate enough to have an administrator in the office so I didn't need to carry out a lot of paperwork which was great as I could just concentrate on generating new business through calling leads; past leads; attacking other agents stock through door knocking and letters if we didn't have their number. The teams I worked with during my time were great and the majority bought into the companies ethos. I originally come from a sporting background and the competitiveness within the office I didn't feel was a negative and just pushed me on to achieve the goals set. I did feel it was sometimes hard to present new ideas to push the business on as they had a set way of doing things. The positives definitely outweighed the negatives working for a corporate agent. Along with the skills I had acquired and the exposure they can give you with the brand name can help you also win business. The -
  • Fox & Sons Estate Agency