Fox & Sons Estate Agency logo
Fox & Sons Estate Agency

Fox & Sons Estate Agency Employee Reviews for Sales and Lettings Negotiator

Not enjoyable

Not a good work/life balance - expected to work well over 40hrs with no overtime High pressured Expected to knock on peoples doors to get information and try and get them on the market - very intrusive

Great training

I started as an apprentice and enjoyed completing my apprenticeship whilst I learnt about Estate Agency. After completing my apprenticeship I was offered a job as a sales negotiator. The commission is great and I really enjoy my job. I mainly show people around houses which is very interesting. I love seeing the houses and meeting new people. My teamAre very supportive and nothing is ever too much

Pros

Commission, training

Fantastic company & opportunities

Good company to work for. Excellent career progression and scope to earn very good money as the commission is not capped. The commission scheme is far better than other agents. Good training department. Fox & sons take on people who are willing by to learn and give them the chance to peruse a career in estate agency. During the recent pandemic the company were absolutely fantastic, very supportive and kept me informed the whole way through the journey. I was very thankful to be working for such a great company when other agency chains instantly laid off staff. Following the pandemic fox and sons/ sequence actually expanded there staff !

Pros

Commission structure

Dreadful!!!

Poor pay, poor management, poor staff retention. Says it all!! Very target driven, targets generally unattainable, though if you do hit it, they will be raised đź‘Ť

Summary overview

OK company, generic sales men - a bit slimy ans creepy. Probably would not work there again. This was a couple of years ago now though. Friends have worked there and were happy.

Just awful

Low salary, lots of targets too many training days, low basic high commission, high staff turn over, too many meetings. sooner or later you will leave

terrible pay

poor structure and training with terrible salary ands monetary benefits. too reliant on a strong office in order to succeed and this is not possible within crawley.

amazing training

fox and sons gave me a foot in the door to the estate agency world providing me with training from professionals. also gave me clear goals and targets and i could see my career progression. always notice people who work hard and achieve good results and support those who need help. have gained life long friends while working here and although sometimes stressful the job can be very rewarding, the bosses above know everyone on first name basis which creates a family feeling. very good company to work for.

Pros

rewards for meeting targets

Cons

long days, if you have a winning mentality.

Excellent Training

Fox and Sons are brilliant employers for those just getting into the estate agency industry or those who feel they need further development as the company run a wide variety of training programs that are absolutely brilliant. However, one of the things that can be controversial is how competitive staff can be and this can result in unessisary tension within offices as staff performance is rated on league tables which can result in the customer care side of the industry being lost as you are measured on how many sales you agree rather than how many sales you have exchange and likewise are rated on how many market appraisals you book rather than how many of them come through. This can mean that some of the most profitable members of staff sit quite low on the league table and are therefore valued lower.

Pros

Wide variety of training programs

Cons

Long Hours, Very high targets

Skill development

Fast paced and interesting, enabled me to develop my skill set further and experience working for a large corporate company.

Pros

comission

Cons

management

Jobs at Fox & Sons Estate Agency