Foxtons

Foxtons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom68 reviews

A grateful experience

Foxtons is easily the best working environment I've come across. The office is lively, whoever you speak to, you're guaranteed to have a positive interaction and overall makes work more enjoyable. The work-life balance is slightly overwhelming and sometimes (depending on where and what your role is) progression/recognition for your work can be slow.

Pros

Amazing teams

Cons

Long hours and slow progression

Long hours, no progression

I work here at the moment and the hours are beyond me… there isn’t much progression either , you also work Saturdays which I wasn’t told until after training. I really wouldn’t waste your time. There is a big fall out rate meaning most staff leave after 2-3 months of working there. Leadership skills are also awful. Not sure if my review will be anonymous or not but it doesn’t phase me if my job see this🤣I’m actively applying to other companies anyway.

Pros

There’s honestly non

Cons

Hours, pay, poor leadership, no progression

Avoid! Poor Experience

The beginning of the interview process was very well done. First it was a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face (in masks of course, pandemic and all that) interview a day later. That part was very thorough, but friendly and professional. I was informed that no matter the outcome, I'd get a call back in a day or two. Four days went by and nothing from their side, so I contacted them and politely asked what is the status of my application (as I had more than one interview with other companies and wanted to know where I stand) and was ignored. There was no contact whatsoever, I think the proper term in this instance is that I've been 'ghosted'.I'm not bitter I didn't get the position, but I'd expect a bit more class when it comes to a big company like Foxtons. Informing about the outcome, be it negative or positive should be a common courtesy and I feel it doesn't really show them in a good light if they treat people like that.

Pros

Seemed professional in the beginning

Cons

Complete lack of communication after the Interview, ignorance

Fun place but you have to work hard

It was a great place to work for, if you are hardworking. I am a very hardworking individual, however the work life balance was close to non existent. I worked a lot, and earned 'a lot' in comparison to some people; however even that was not enough for me. You put in a lot of work, but the pay off is not 100%. Its great in terms of teaching you discipline, and training in the property world for sure. Tip for management: Be more transparent with staff, conduct interviews and actually implement their points and let loose a little. Its 2020 :) The more people have fun at work, and aren't being micromanaged, the more they will produce. Negative: Car Insurance cover, whereby you have to pay 600Pounds for any damages caused (whether you were at fault or not); 11-12 Hour working hours; Micromanagement Positive: People People People

Would not recommend

Stayed too long at this organisation Wouldn't recommend to a friend Great training and good place to start your property career but leave sooner rather than later

Back to basics Sales

They provide great training and good support as a negotiator. No two days are similar. Meritrocratic environment to work in, rewarded for the hard work you put in. The hours are a bit long and they are not very flexible with it.

Fast paced and fun

Your day was very structured and you received ongoing training and support throughout. It's a good place to start your sales career but the hours are very long. Very high turnover of staff because of this and staff are generally very young. Wouldn't suit anyone with a young family or a lot of commitments. Lots of incentives and team bonding. The office is close knit and an enjoyable place to work when you're busy otherwise the day can be very long. Hardest part was working a 6 days and over 60 hours with only 1 day off.

Pros

Champagne, Cash bonus, Free trips and lots of training

Cons

Long hours, lots of travelling for meetings, 6 day week

Great

Nice place to work in, no 2 days is the same. Great vibe and working atmosphere, always busy never boring. Depending on what your role is there is always something to do

Fun and lively place to work!

In my opinion, Foxtons is a vibrant and fast-paced place to work for. I have learnt so much in the seven years I have spent there, not to mentioned gaining some life-long friends along the way...

management

if you are literate, have a pretty face, and driving licence , you can find easily job there. management is awful.. managers choose their favorite. management is very british as well. well if you are not very british you are not very welcome.. in some cases i can say they are racist as well.

Good Experience

Good place to learn and start a career. Can be challenging for an experienced professional as progression seems slow. Overall it is a great place to work.

Great for someone starting their career

Very long working hours will drain you. Excellent training. Decent salary package. Company car is a huge plus. Very, very micro managed as an employee- everything you do is monitored, including toilet breaks with some managers. Extreme competition in terms of progression from other who have been there around a decade.

Pros

Company car

Cons

Working hours

Fun at the start

Great place to work initially but when the clawbacks and car fines start rolling in some workers end up owing the company more than they get paid. Training is amazing and if you have good manger you're very lucky. If not, you won't get any deals agreed and won't make any money. They don't promote by moving people to bigger banking offices - instead they ridicule you if you ask to move offices even when you've been in the company for a long time and banked them a lot of money. Other companies would move you into central London if you prove you can make money in a smaller office, but not Foxtons.

Great culture and CEO

Great place to work and inspirational and approachable CEO. Well managed business and would recommend anyone to work there - great culture and great people throughout the business

Nothing but another figure

Awful place to work, easy to get sucked in by the company car, phone and attractive starting salary (which only lasts 3 months before they put you on a painfully, unliveable salary and tell you to make it up with commission). Worked 12 hour days often 6 days a week as the senior staff would decide they didn't want to go into the office on weekends and it would be left to junior negotiators to handle.

Pros

Company car and fuel card

Cons

Literally everything else

– 27 June 2019
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Foxtons wasn't more positive. We are slightly confused by your comment in relation to our commission structures - these are in place to reward our sales staff however they are entirely optional and not a requirement. In order to deliver an exceptional service to our customers, our offices are open six days a week however we operate a fair shift pattern for covering the extra day.Best of luck in your future career!

Londons largest Estate Agency

Has been great fun and have learned a lot and it has helped me get on the property ladder. In Londons tough market and our large fees the ability to sell stock is getting increasingly difficult.

Pros

The car, petrol, mobile phone and ability to be your own boss.

Cons

Long hours. Unreliable pay.

– 27 June 2019
Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear that you reaped the rewards from your time at Foxtons and congratulations on getting onto the property ladder! As with any role in the service industry, the hours at times can be demanding however, as you have experienced, the rewards are there for the people who are prepared to put in the hard work.Best of luck for the future!

For the hardworking and ambitious

Hard work and dedication are rewarded with competitive commission and promotion. Company promotes from within. Diverse workforce, in terms of age, gender, race and orientation. "Work hard, play hard." Constant support at every level, even within competitive sales forces.

Pros

Follow the advice you're given and you'll do well.

Cons

Sales roles aren't for everyone.

– 27 June 2019
Thanks for the five star review! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at Foxtons and making the most of the dynamic culture and opportunities that we offer. Keep up the great work!

Great opportunity for people with winning attitude

I have started working with Foxtons over three years ago. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such a great company with fantastic people and magnificent culture. I learned a lot and I keep learning every day, the training provided is probably the best in the industry and that was one of the main reasons I decided to join the team. The work is very organized and management is always leading by example. People who claim the hours are too long probably never studied any histories of successful people. Anything worthwhile requires dedication, patience, and commitment and if you are willing to work hard you will be greatly rewarded. I am constantly getting offers from another companies but I would not want to work for any other brand. I am looking forward to achieving even more with Foxtons in years to come.

Pros

Training, management, culture, financial aspect

Cons

Only for people willing to work hard, with the mind-set of a winner

11 years and counting

I’ve been at Foxtons now for 11 years and have never looked back. Foxtons have a great office culture, support, training, IT systems, rewarding commission structure and career progression.

Pros

It’s not just a career but really makes you prepared for life.

Cons

Our consumers have very high expectations. On the rare occasion when things don’t go to plan, it’s disappointing.

A great company to work for

Foxtons is a great place to work and I really enjoy working here. Every day is different meeting new people and going to new properties. The cultural is the company is brilliant with everyone being very approachable and I have made some great friends as well as colleagues. The training has been amazing as I didn’t have a huge amount of experience and always being kept up to date or changes in the industry.

Pros

Good salary, meeting new people, and not always being in the office

Cons

Can get very busy at certain points of the year

Competitive and enjoyable place to work

Really great place to work. The training is amazing from when you start and all the way through your career. The uncapped commission means you really earn what you work for. The environment is fun and energetic. There are great opportunity to win incentives such as trips as well as the continuous competitive nature between employees. Even with the competitive nature the people are supportive and fun to be around.

Pros

Fuel card, earning potential, incentives

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foxtons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Foxtons with

• Foxtons
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?