Fragomen

Working at Fragomen: Latest Fragomen Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews

Good

Its a good expierence for beginners and starting out for gaining expierence. Gives you an overall outline how the business immigration works if your keen to learn.

Unmanageable work load, long hours with no overtime/lieu

I was really excited to work for Fragomen. When I got the offer I could not believe it. My excitement and passion soon changed. Overtime was a silent expectation with no extra pay or lieu. I was working 10 hour days with nothing in return. My manager was a good lawyer but had no management skills and zero empathy. I left after 2 months.

Pros

Free fruit weekly

Cons

Unmanageable workload

Insights into Fragomen

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

It is a very great place to work. Remember to ask for what you deserve. Closed mouths don’t get fed. Management are very helpful, work load is highly overwhelming at times.

All good

The staff was great. The receptionists were very helpful and answered all our questions. The room was clean and bright, and room service was always on time. Will be coming back!”

Fragomen is a great place to work and learn everything about immigration.Management is very helpful and supportive. It has a fast paced working environment, so perfect for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.

Great place to work! Great culture! Cares about staff

Lovely staff. Worked remotely due to pandemic but was really included as part of the team! Learned a lot about US immigration, and how to complete the relevant forms

Pros

Great staff, hour long lunch break

Cons

Like chicken in a battery farm

150 people crammed into an office. Really high noise levels, bad atmosphere. Pay is substandard and there’s a culture of bullying. Not in all departments so guess you can be lucky

Pros

Free treats every now and then

Cons

Long unpaid hours

Stressful, expected to work extra for free, poor retention.

A waste of being fluent in European languages. Whatever you are promised in the interview, don't hold your breath. The management is overworked and stressed. People who leave teams, even to progress internally, are treated like rats leaving a sinking ship. The jobs are repetitive and tedious. The pay is awful.

Pros

Free fruit if you go to the office, Reception staff are helpful

Cons

Long hours, Poor pay, Miserable managers, Hard to progress, Promises not kept, Admin from HR is a mess

Supportive and nurturing environment for career progression

I thoroughly enjoy working at Fragomen, from day 1 my team have been supportive all the way up to the very top, partners have one-to-ones with everyone on team and there are constant opportunities to enhance your knowledge.

Pros

Lots of benefits and freebies, great career opportunities, wonderful training throughout, great teams to work with and amazing cultural blends

Cons

Work load is heavy but there is support when needed

Great employer, they really do care, however progression can be slow and sometimes is all about who you know.

Great people, good location and best place to learn everything you need to know about immigration, career progression can be slow. And during peak times working hours can be long and it gets really busy

A Brilliant Company

The workplace culture is friendly, and the people are fantastic to work with. I'd strongly recommend to anyone starting out as their first job, providing they wish to get their head down and work.

Pros

Company nights out

Cons

Workload can sometimes be highly demanding

Trying hard to be a reputable law firm without the necessary procedures in place

From the moment I had my initial interview with the firm, the disorganisation was clear to see from top to bottom in the company. The company sets both very high standards in terms of work quantity and quality, which is all well and good if the training provided to employees is of an equally high standard. Alas, this was not the case. The training process felt disorganised and rushed, and when the inevitable mistakes later down the line arise, senior members of staff are very reluctant to accept any responsibility for this. Do not expect manners from these senior members of staff either, as it seems that, despite them often not being as well qualified as people in lower down positions, they feel intellectually superior and thus have the right to speak down to these junior members of staff.

Great Development

A great firm with a good reputation in the immigration world. A great first step for anybody interested in the immigration sector or even somebody looking to enhance their skillset within a corporate environment. Although it is a law firm the office is a relaxed place to work with a good atmosphere.

Pros

Good team environment, monthly billing treats and staff recognition, good manager relationship

Cons

Sometimes a high workload but everyone works well together to get through this

Fun place to work

A great introduction to the world of immigration law. The majority of the staff are all friendly and helpful. My first real taste of working ion a fast paced, office environment and overall I have enjoy it. the company offers a great working life for all employees.

Pros

billing treats, listen to music

Cons

poor wage

Rewarding work, disheartening environment.

Severe problems regarding onboarding and training. New starters are given frameworks as guides and then essentially left to fend for themselves. Training consists of trial and error, with feedback generally being a summary of your mistakes with no strategies for improvement. Individually, colleagues are friendly and the atmosphere in the workplace is positive. However, pressure is transferred down the chain of command and initiation of new hires is one of a long list of duties that senior members of the team simply struggle to find sufficient time for. Ample benefits, frequent free food and socials with drinks... but you will be expected to take responsibility for your own training, and you will be treated as a temporary resource at best.

Worst "business" I have ever worked for

I put the term business in quotation marks as Fragomen is not run as a business. You have people in management positions who know nothing about business or their own departments. It's the only place I've worked where a consultant was hired who knew nothing about the department he was consulting for. As a result, decisions are made that are baffling, solutions to process gaps are knowingly overlooked, and you are told where you're going wrong by someone less qualified than you. There is a blame culture, which I was warned about by a senior manager early on, which leaves everyone terrified to take ownership of problems/issues meaning, nothing gets resolved and you have a lot of angry clients. There is no point raising this with management or HR, I did, they don't care. The atmosphere is highly toxic, hence why we had over 100 people leave the office I was in over the space of 2 and a half years. It isn't possible to complete your workload during normal working hours and you are psychologically pushed to stay beyond these hours (unpaid) to complete this unrealistic workload. This isn't just 15 minutes here and there, that's standard in any workplace, it's 2/3/4 hours after your finish time. I've also never been spoken to so rudely by internal staff as I have at Fragomen. This is by people at all levels, admin staff right up to partners and despite raising the issue time and time again, it was never addressed. I believe politeness is the most basic of traits, apparently too basic for Fragomen. Colleagues repeatedly broke down due to stress but nothing changes, more work is -

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no career progression, blame culture, complete lack of empathy from management

Highly unprofessional, don’t support and guide employees, use benefits to disguise heavy scrutiny and work load

I have never been let down more in my life by a workplace than fragomen in Sheffield. I worked as a coordinator for 6 months and although the work wasn’t entirely what I was interested in I felt like this was a good company to work for and they treated their employees with gratitude and respect but I couldn’t have been more wrong. They lead you to believe they have fantastic work ethics and policies and treat everyone fairly but you are simply just a number and they do not care one bit about their employees. They lure you in with all these benefits with social events and nights out and fun things to do in the office, which is great , but it’s simply just a disguise to distract you from how closely you are being monitored. Targets are exceptionally high which is fine for a high standard company, but the targets are not drilled into you at all they just seem like a passing comment, and almost nothing is said about how vital it is to meet those targets so you believe you are doing absolutely fine, even being told so by your senior coordinators. Upon scrutinising your targets the managers and more importantly the senior coordinators, the people who you work so closely to day by day, do not give you the guidance and help you need if in any way you’re underachieving at all, they don’t give you any notice about what it is you’re doing wrong or how you can improve. They even ask you what it is you can do to improve, but that is only because they have no idea themselves and want to feed it back to the managers, when it should be their job to give constructive criticism, -

Pros

A couple of people on my team and more in the office, the monthly drinks nights

Cons

Unsupportive, poorly paid, misleading, unfair, uncaring, unprofessional

Great structure and professionalism

An overall excellent experience, exceptional training, skills, and team - providing a world class service. Ability to progress and gain very in depth knowledge and responsibility

Fun place to work but the money is not good enough

Fun place to work but the money is not good enough. Lacks structure, high number of people leaving. limited career progression opportunities. High workload!!!

Pros

fun place

Cons

lacks structure

Fun qorkolace

This was a good environment to see if Immigration Law was the career for me, I feel I will be able to progress in any area of law, having been given the opportunity.

People are not valued

Partners do not care that people are not happy and expect high turnover and do nothing to stop it. You get recognition if you work for certain Partners. It is not the Partners' fault if you do not get recognition. Some Partners are favourites and some are not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fragomen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Fragomen with

Learn about Fragomen in popular locations

• Fragomen
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?