Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

staffcompanymanagementgreatjobworkworkingteam

Enjoyable, Interactive and Fun Experience

Though my time working at Fresh Student Living's Europa Student Accommodation was brief, I had a great time during my 5-month employment. I had lived at the accommodation during the full three years of my course and had gotten along with the staff. For my third academic year at LJMU I had applied and gotten the job as brand ambassador & receptionist. The job role is no longer available for students (reason for being let go) however I had a great time.

Pros

Relaxed, Flexible, Customer Based

Cons

Long hours, Little Training, Little Communication

No good salary/benefits

Decent enough place to work with the people you meet. However the company itself are too money hungry. I've felt patronised by people higher than me. There's too much expectation on workers without reward.

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world. Being part of a small team you can feel included

Cons

Terrible pay. No real benefits. Expected to work September with no holidays, sometimes weekends too, and not be paid for it.

Insights into Fresh Student Living

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Very strange company to work for

Fresh has always been highly recommended as a good company to work for, but when you get on board it is very clicky, only if your face fits with the COO will you get anywhere with this cut throat company. Directors hide away from all key clients and put the AM’s in the firing line with very little support.

Productive, integrity, learn many things

Great opportunity to learn about building management. Fun and friendly working environment, fast-paced and require a high level of multitasking. The management was helpful.

Staff are welcoming

Staff were welcoming and they were helpful and everything was well organised, the job it self it was easy and less stress and easy task, good company.

Under valued excellent at employee support

I definitely haven’t given enough credit to the company and the work life balance it provides. The company is extremely supporting to employees with mental illnesses and during pregnancy. Where they lack flexibility in some aspects they more than compensate in others. Great company to work for once you clearly understand your priorities in life. Money isn’t everything!

Poor pay and uninterested in staff

I worked for the company for 2 years. So much pressure for very little money... the company continuously try and cut costs, do not value there staff and generally not a nice company to work for

Pros

Parking

Cons

Pay

Fun workplace

One of the best jobs one can have. It was a fun job to do.Working shifts were quite flexible. It helped me learning more about management and customer care services. I also had fire training.

Overworked, underpaid

So many staff members have left as they are overworked. Expected to be on call 24-7, answer 100s of emails whilst running reception and doing a million other jobs. Expectations are far too high on staff members and it's affecting everyone as they are overworked. Working three weeks without a day off often more than the 8 hours per day as there is not enough staff for the students per building, they expect you to go above and beyond so that every last penny can be saved so the higher managers can get their bonuses without caring about its aworkers.

Pros

Ok salary

Cons

Expect you to work 24-7, no paid overtime or for additional responsibilities

If your face fits its ok

If your face fits its OK at fresh - they spout on about being part of the "fresh family" when they do not value their staff. The Management know nothing of what goes on day to day and give no credit to the grassroots workers who make living in the property a living experience not just a heads on beds scenario. One of my very creative team. Members was actually reprimanded for being too enthusiastic and was more or less told to sit behind the desk and look pretty..... Not a good company!

Fun and welcomeing workplace

I enjoyed my time working for fresh student living .brilliant team of people where everyone is made to feel equal. Will go above and behond to help students and work colleagues. would not expect housekeepers to do anything they would not do themselfs. if your looking to work in a students accomadations where your treat equal and where management listen then working with fresh is the ideal place to work

Pros

hours of work .great management .lovely well maintained buildings

Easy to study around

While working here, I was able to study and attend my university classes, while making some spare cash for living expenses. I have picked up some good skills to use in future jobs, not limited to providing customer service to tenants and communication skills. Typical shift depended if it was a weekend or a weekday. Shift patterns allowed you to stay indoors and be on call if tenants needed assistance. This gave me a chance to be able to study while I was on duty.

Pros

Stay indoors - Study/ socialise in the comfort of your own flat while on duty

Cons

Low pay for the hours on duty

interesting and fun

I learned to to work as an accommodation assistant. I had fire drills I took certification exams for private accommodation I improved my communication skill I explored my ability to work with team I explored my ability to manage risk I had fun making other residents feel at home and have fun too while studying. I had to work from my room off office hours which was very convenient. I can go on with my studies/research, while on duty.

Expect to work for nothing

The building manager's bonus is directly tied to how little you are paid as an RAA. Multiple times, I have covered the office, or helped people move in, or worked through the night preparing rooms for the next students to move in, only to find out that the building manager assumed the work was voluntary. Even when you do get paid, it is only £20 a night, which works out to £1.25 an hour. Even for small buildings, this usually includes being woken up at least once a night to let people in or change door batteries.

part-time job in Fresh Student living

Residential Accommodation Assistant as a part-time job in Fresh Student Living is a good chance for colleague students. Every month for 9 shifts and major job is help reception deal with social events and ordinary events.

I feel very comfortable in my role. Good salary, flexible working hours, good funding for staff nights out and events for students. Negatives are that you don't get paid for working overtime and instead get time owing in lieu. It can be hard to feel comfortable working in such a small team when there is an element of favoritism between management. The individual tasks I carry out are taken to be joint work with the other CSA, so if there's errors, we're both blamed for it.

Pros

Good rate of pay, flexible working hours

Cons

No overtime pay, no individual credit

Fantastic Expanding Company

I've worked here for a year now having previously worked for the Government - what a difference!! This is a vibrant, inclusive, modern company who really puts customer service at the core of everything. You are really well supported in every aspect, from direct management through to HR, IT, Training etc. There are loads of opportunities to self develop as well as incentives to continuously achieve the best in not only your property but as a whole - it genuinely feels like a massive team who's working hard to achieve a consistently great name for the brand we represent. The days are varied which is brilliant and the personal satisfaction you get from helping the students makes it feel like you are having a positive impact on the future generation of not only this country but the world over!

Pros

Fun environment, Team Bonding, Job Satisfaction

Good Progression, Comprehensive Training & Student Focused

No two days are the same giving you the opportunity to learn and grow from many situations. The Students really are at the core of Fresh's brand and values and you are able to interact and create a great home from home for them. Some days may be spent doing admin, whilst others exploring your own city promoting your accommodation or hosting social events for your tenants. Fresh allow you to put your own ideas forward, big or small. The Management want you to succeed and are very open to progression within the company. Overall have learned a great deal since joining Fresh and look forward to learning even more.

Pros

Interactive job role, very sociable, progression

Excellent Company to work for

Excellent company to work for with brilliant perks. Colleagues welcoming & friendly working environment Lots of support for progression within the company

Great company to work for

Fresh is a great company to work from, plenty of room for growth and development. Every day is different, some more stressful than others, the rewards are great, from that first check in to that last check out you feel like you have made a difference in our students lives.

Pros

Salary

Great company

I have worked for the company for over 5 years, I have seen the company expand massively in that time. I find the environment to be positive and reaffirming, with help and training offered to help teams and individuals. The job role can be demanding especially at certain times of year with the summer turnarounds particularly demanding to the on site teams. However the job is varied and the challenges help to keep you on your toes. The company has also proactively rolled out several new schemes in training, operations management to help ease workflow for on site teams as demand has increased and the company has expanded and needed to centralise.

Pros

Bonus scheme

Cons

Limited chances of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Student Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement