Friday Media Group

Friday Media Group Employee Reviews

A good stepping stone

This company works you hard, provides small teams where you can pick up skills quickly, but the managers lacked empathy and effectiveness. They provide entry level roles which are great for starting in, but you've got a a very low chance of getting a pay rise.

Pros

Provides entry level roles

Cons

Bad management

Laid off with no furlough or help as soon as COVID

As soon as the COVID outbreak happened, let go with no furlough or any help at all. Asked to be furloughed just until I found another job. But got a big no from the directors. Don’t work here if you want to keep a job longer than 5 months Also paid less than everyone else and claimed it was “due to experience and age” when I had already done this job at another company for 3 years and people younger than me earned more.

Pros

Relaxed in general

Cons

No job security and unfair wage structure

Don't treat staff well

Don't tend to treat staff with the level of respect they work to deserve. Don't pay basic salary reflective of work required and effort displayed and no room for progression.

Family business run by a great family

FMG is an innovative company that are always looking to move with the times and are not scared of trying new things to keep ahead of the competition. With offices in Miami, Barcelona, Brighton, Preston, Pembroke and India you are able to travel around the world and experience different working cultures which can be eye opening at times.

Summary

A very friendly organisation to work for. They offer excellent training and help develop sales professionals into fully trained sales people. They promote a fun and friendly working environment!

A strange place to work

Impossible to market projects that are never going to work. A waste of time and money. They don't learn from their mistakes. Common sense, if a brand has failed in the past, why would it be any different now under a new name? Abnormal level of staff turnover (never seen anything like it). Too many blaggers here. Very old school. Some perks like Friday dress down day, early finishes, birthday off, etc etc. The staff are friendly as well. The company is a bit sneaky though, they do try to make things look better than they are. Most of the people that have been here over a year, are either related to senior management, or suck up to them. Overall not a good place to work. I wouldn't advise it, you are given impossible brand to market and sell.

Avoid!

Awful. Management have absolutely no clue what they're doing. Comission structures change constantly, client complaints are a daily occurence, 100+ dials a day for the sake of activity rather than productiveness, horrendous turnover with only 3-4 long term sales execs who suck up to management. Decent hours, decent incentives, awful culture. Need to cater to the needs of the clients!

Pros

Incentives

On going personal Development and the chance to earn some fantastic money!

I joined the company In February and I LOVE coming to work. The environment is vibrant and training is ongoing! Great for Personal Development. Not only have I met some great people, I have also been given a FREE Gym Membership which is helping to keep me fit and setting me up nicely for my working day, Continuous personal development and call training provided. The product here sells itself and I genuinely believe in what we have to offer. I have worked several sales type of roles in my previous employment and I have never felt as happy in such a short space of time as I do here.

Pros

Free Gym Membership

Cons

Not enough hours in the day!

Poor

Training was poor, worst job I have been in! Tracked your company phone so they could follow where you have been! A very odd company! TV cameras in the office so again they could see what you're doing, not a trusting company! High turn over of staff!

True Reflection

Good company with fair salaries for sales people (I'm in it for the commission, not the basic!) Even entry level sales people get a good opportunity. Started here a few years back and have had payrises and promotions. I got these because I worked hard for them. Management are good and reward good performance with incentives like days/nights out. No big ladder to climb because it is a small business but they will create roles if people are worthy! Sales is a revolving door so people do come and if they don't pull their weight, but if you do the job your paid for you will earn good commission!

Pros

commission, social calender, incentives

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Friday Media Group?

Don’t applied for this type of job

This place has a very high staff turn over as the role is so bad if you don’t perform they get rid off you. There is no career opportunity. It’s all cold calling business it’s so boring also

Cons

Managerment

Unprofessional Managment

Management do not think twice about threatening your job if you do not agree with the unprofessional way they run the business or if you face doesn't fit. Wouldn't recommend this employer to anyone looking for a role in a professionally run company!!

Pros

Coffee's free

Cons

Unprofessional Management

Friendly staff and good work life balance

I can see a lot of these reviews are for sales roles. I can't comment on those, but from a marketing point of view it is a great place to work. You are generally left to get on with your job, with guidance from your manager when needed. Basic salary when starting wasn't great, but there are decent bonus structures in place, as well as financial progression opportunities if you are good at what you do. There are also ongoing training opportunities, so you continue to learn throughout your career.

Pros

Good staff, nice office, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Location, sometimes rubbish music played through office (can work with headphones though)

Good Work Environment

Very good environment to work in, everyone is very friendly and the vibe is quite relaxed and easy going. You can take on projects your passionate about and taking initiative is appreciated. You get to work with a lot of different teams regardless of your role, so you're constantly learning and developing from others. You get lots of training and time to develop your skills. FMG takes on lots of people with different skill ranges and everyone understands that, so you don't have to feel under pressure to be the best straight away.

Pros

Great People, It's not rare to see a dog in the office, half days on Fridays

Great Culture, Fun Environment

Days fly by in this fun environment, plenty of chances to learn new skills and expand your knowledge. Management are strong providing clear direction and aiding to provide a happy and productive place to work.

Pros

free fruit, great environment

Cons

public transport links aren't great

A great work culture, good work-life balance and plenty of scope to learn and develop

I joined Friday Media Group 5 years ago as an entry level marketing executive. I was taught about a wide range of digital marketing tools, techniques and best practices, from Google Analytics to copywriting to email marketing. It's a really embracing environment to learn in, but most importantly to try new things. There's no blame culture if things don't go as expected, which I was always really thankful for being a newbie. The work culture is great- No red tape, regular work nights out, a laugh-a-minute in the office and plenty of incentives and rewards. I've also had the chance to travel a fair bit with my role - I've been to Miami, Amsterdam and Slovenia, as well as plenty of conferences and training workshops in the UK. Make an effort to get results and be loyal to the company and you can create a really happy career for yourself here!

Pros

Finish at 2 on Fridays, regular training and budget to go to conferences, no blame-culture, good work-life balance

Cons

Can be lots to think about as there are 70 + brands in the portfolio, but help is always on hand and there's a collaborative environment

Nice culture, good development.

Great family run company where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Professional atmosphere without the corporate stuffiness. Always room for development for those who have earned it.

Pros

Development, Culture, Great Office

Cons

Salaries are never going to be top end

Fun and productive workplace - always learning!

I learnt so much at Friday Media Group - coming in as a graduate I picked up loads of new skills, including the use of analytical tools as well as commercial and communication skills which was crucial in my job role. The on-the-job training process provided by my manager ensured I was constantly learning and developing. The environment of the workplace is fun and everyone works together as a team, meaning your views and opinions are listened to.

Pros

Half day Fridays, free fruit, self development

Cons

location is a bit out of the way but can get lifts from colleagues / no problem if you drive

poor management

Very demoralising company to work for. Poor management and high staff turnover. Within my first week I had seen five people leave and no replacement staff taken on, but the work divided and given to the remaining staff who are all overworked and underpaid. Unrealistic KPIs that ensure you don't receive the promised bonuses.

Great People

FMG has an amazing culture and personality The only problem is consistency is nonexistent with things changing day by day and little warning being given beforehand

Great team but be prepared to be a shark

If you are hungry for sales and don't mind swimming with sharks then they will reward your hard work with a decent basic and commissions. You work hard but play harder, the staff outings are legendary if you are into that sort of thing

Pros

Staff outing, good management team, nice people

Cons

Commissions can change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friday Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement