Funding Circle

Funding Circle Employee Reviews

Toxic senior people. I cannot speak for the rest of the organization, but in my vertical, I found several managers and senior analysts tainted by an inadequate understanding of statistics and an inadequate (or sometimes a complete lack of) technical expertise, the two core skills for the job. A belief of own intrinsic superiority, unwillingness to help, and caring more about how their work looks in the eyes of their superiors rather than what it actually is, are common. Inverted reporting pyramid. Making progress can get hard when simultaneously reporting to the line manager, their manager, and at least one stakeholder (some of whom behave as if they were my manager), all of whom have a different opinion on how/whether something should be done. Again this might not be true of the whole organization, only my bubble. Coordination. Coordination across teams that my team need to work with happens, but is not very efficient. Any larger cross team meeting is dominated by the same 2-3 of loud and opienated people, who often push for suboptimal solutions or carry the discussion away form the efficient path. It is commonly asserted that alternative opinions/solutions do not exist and that consensus is not necessary. The office. The office is modern, but nothing too fancy. People hang their coats on their chairs, desks do not raise, only engineering can get highres screens, and you don't get a mac if your boss thinks that a pc is better for you. The third floor is reasonably quiet, toilets are clean, and there are close-to-soundproof cabins with desks (albeit without screens - more...
There’s not much room for growth within career, and you can get much more elsewhere doing the exact same thing. Which should be good for thought. It’s a place to get as much experience as possible and go move on to the next challenge.
If you value yourself do not join the sales department here. Poor leadership, even worse managers. A lot of graduates that think they know what they are doing when in fact they haven’t a clue. Senior management is controlling, manipulative and a lot of favouritism. Management like yes people and do not help to develop. All they care about, is their bonus. Overall one of the worst job experiences of my life.
People promoted internally very easily without any experience of how to manage, failure to set goals or get teams performing, and generally just winging it - very poor leadership. Needs to bring in external management to make more effective, even senior management moved through the ranks without having to perform - still not entirely sure exactly what this senior management really did. Far too many people full of their own self importance, unwilling to listen and think they know best.
Pros
Table tennis.
Cons
Culture, management, lack of direction, attitude.
My time at Funding Circle was incredible. A young vibrant company that has lots of potential and the management taking care of it all is unbelievable.
Worked here for a short period of time. However I enjoyed the company culture and there was a lot to learn about the fintech industry. Very interesting and fun place to work.
A typical day was different with lots of challenges to keep one busy. There was great opportunity to learn something new however this has been reduced and a path is being created rather than allowing individuals to create their own career path as was done before. Great workplace culture although I feels it's changing with hints of corporateness surrounding the current environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours, free breakfast and tea's and coffee
Cons
Long Hours
Funding Circle have an incredible culture and there are huge opportunities for young professionals to grow their career. There is a positive environment and you are actively encouraged to question process and procedure to improve the business.
Its a good place to work however, due to the size of the company some employees dont get recognised for the work they do. overall i think that is is a good company to work for.
Funding circle was a fun place to work, and provided flexibility in working hours, thus allowing tor a good work life balance for the staff. however it lacked experienced management direction, and could do with more long term direction by the management team
Pros
subsidised lunches and TGIF
Cons
Unstructured
All working together as one team, fantastic company to work for. There was no one typical day - a very entrepreneurial environment where you think on your feet to make things happen.
Simply awesome, a very forward thinking company and bags of fun! Good opportunities to develop and really get involved which makes this place stand out.
Great place to work, management are very flexible and transparent and the wider team is made up of great, enthusiastic people all driven to the overall aims of the company
I can to set up reconciliation team. I join as a contractor on 6 months fix contract. I did implement procedures and control for the team. I did write procedures for daily reconciliation. I did training of daily reconciliation for new starters.I delivered my project.Great place to work, lots of fun but also long hours and hard work. Being contractor is the way you learn a lot you delivery lots of tasks,projects.But you are never part of permanent staff. You always is out of circle.
Pros
Free lunches, events, pool, table tenis
Cons
A typical day of work at Funding Circle can be varied and challenging. The culture is enjoyable and you feel comfortable interacting with anyone in the company,
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Sometimes not the most efficient place to work.
A fantastic culture for young people looking to develop their career in a London environment. It is going to be a truly global gamechanger over the next 5 years.
Pros
Superb culture for young London workers
Cons
Choose your department carefully
Long but flexible hours, good work culture, friendly atmosphere. Good communication between management and staff. Opportunity to learn about exciting new segment of financial industry, Fintech and p2p lending