G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd logo

G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd Employee Reviews for Production Associate

2.4
Work-life balance

productive workplace

The work is specific. You need to be fast-learner. You need to fit in the dead-line iand rich the targets. The teem is freandly and showing everithing.

Good Company with opportunities

G-TEM is a good company in the local area, the work is fast paced and there are opportunities for overtime on most days, you will need to turn up each day and be accurate with your work. Good opportunities exist for those who are willing to work hard, I enjoyed working with the other staff as part of the production team, shift allowances are also paid for late and night shift. Overall I would recommend this company to others.

Hard work but a fair and reasonable company

Personally I have enjoyed my time within this company. Yes its stressful but that comes with the factory high paced environment. pay is good/ shift allowance is great and the room for progression if proved to work well and hard it vast. They have a new factory over the road which ive heard is a clean and productive environment with plenty of readily available overtime associated. last year with all of my overtime I earned over £30k which was great and hopefully I can do the same this year. Also shift patterns are fair and reasonable so would definitely recommend this to others.

Fast pace, plenty of opportunities for hard workers

worked in weld department, 6:00 - 14:50, 16:20- 01:05, plenty of over time, 20% shift allowance on PM 30% on night shift. working days are Monday - Friday, overtime on weekend is optional. It is hard work, if your looking for an easy life this isn't the place, however there is good opportunity to progress. Many workers have been there 15 years or more so company seems stable. Good Christmas bonus over the past few years.

The worst working environment I've ever experienced

Positives (there aren't many): * Generally, the people you work with on the production lines are friendly and helpful. * The salary is slightly above the average for this kind of work, but this is ONLY because otherwise they would get no-one to work there. * Plenty of overtime and no issues with getting paid correctly. Negatives: • Truly awful environment. Loud machinery, sparks and dust hitting your face. The sparks can really sting sometimes, be warned. Boiling hot in summer, and when you sweat so much the grime and dust gets into your skin, which is not good. Freezing cold in the winters - no hearing and doors open for unloading all the time. I regularly got chilblains, often so bad I had to use bigger gloves to get my swollen fingers into them. • The team leaders are rude, arrogant and are constantly on your back, they are never happy, always pushing for more and more. If you dare speak back to them you get hauled to HR and given a warning. Management are even worse, they don't even speak to you and look at you as if you are dirt. • Ridiculously short breaks, of which a lot of the time is taken walking from and back to the machines. You have to use part of your break time to do this. • If you clock in one minute late you lose 15 minutes of pay and get a warning. There is no sick pay but you will still get a warning whatever you are off for. One worker got a warning when his wife miscarried and he was with her at the hospital. I kid you not. Compulsory overtime, if you don't do it, expect a warning. • Very low career prospects. You are treated -

Dreadful place to work

If anyone is desperate enough to work for this company you must have psychological problems slavery was abolished years ago management treat you like something on the bottom of your foot

Horrible work place

I wouldn't reccomend this job even if it would be the last one on earth. Bulling management, unsecure workplace, long hours, bad payments, bad working conditions (it's very cold on winters and extremely hot on summers, a lot of dust, a lot of noise, etc.), all breaks are unpaid, everywhere is very dirty (toilets, locker rooms, cantine, etc.). I'm really trying to find a good thing to say about this horrible company but I can't think of a single positive thing.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this company

Not too bad place to work

Depends which area and shift You work but overall its good company and friendly place to work if You want long hours and overtimes,You have to deal with pressure of targets as well

Pros

Co workers, canteen, salary

Cons

Overtimes, targets, repetitive job

Hard work but friendly environment

Friendly place to work if you don't mind hardwork and working to targets. Overtime available, although not guaranteed. Shift's aren't too bad either but breaks are short and timed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6