G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd

G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd Employee Reviews for Welder

Working at G-TEM is not for the faint hearted, I wont lie - its a busy, fast paced environment to work in. There is an expectation to do overtime and this is written into our contracts, but I see that as a good thing as it boosts my salary each week! Providing you turn up to work each day and do a good job the company treat you well, from my experience problems only arise when you create difficulties for yourself by taking lots of time off sick etc .
Seriously do not apply to this Company, it is THE worst place I have ever worked and if there was an option for NO star rating this hole would get it, the Management have no people skills whatsoever and think they can talk to you like a piece of dirt, some of the Team Leaders do nothing but just walk around shouting orders, god help you if you need the toilet as they give you a lecture if you need to go The office staff are rude and have no manners, they look at you like your beneath them because you work on the shop floor. The place is a filth hole, the toilets and locker rooms are disgusting and I mean DISGUSTING. When your probation is up your pay rate is meant to increase but this does not happen as they just drag their heels and if you ask you just get told to ask HR who then tell you to ask your TL who then tells you they will let you know but don’t, this is the reason I left as I was getting fobbed off each time I asked. They don’t like it if you have a brain and speak up for yourself, they work people like dogs in a dirty, dusty dangerous environment and no amount of money would get me to go back there. No point in bringing anything up with HR as they are like a wet weekend and are totally useless but they’re nice as anything when u have your interview ( if you can call it that ) probably because they are so desperate for people as they have a ridiculously high staff turnover and I’m not surprised. PLEASE do not leave a current job to go here as you will regret it.
Pros
Wasting your time if you apply to this job. Management will force you to do over time everyday, bully you, push you to work as fast as possible everyday until you are burnt out. Extend your probation period when you don’t have any days off and do everything they say. If you don’t do exactly what they say, they will sack you. You get treated better in prison!!
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything!!
I was there just over my three month probationary period. You are told if you get past that with no sick or lateness and do all overtime asked of you, you will get a pay rise but they drag their feet for as long as possible, which is wrong as you have earned that money and deserve to be on the same pay as everyone else. Weekly pay is only £305, £288 before end of probation period which is pretty poor considering the pressure you are put under. It is so hot in there, your not allowed to go and get any water and you get told to hurry up if you even go to the toilet. My team leader was great and most of the lads I worked with but as for the coordinator, he is a vile person with no respect for anyone. You have two ten minute breaks and a half hour lunch. You can not leave your cell until the buzzer and have to be back before the end of break. If you are lucky, you get five or six minutes. Less if you work further up the building. Would I recommend this company to anyone... NO CHANCE. I believe there has been over 200 people left in under a year, so that says a lot. Management are two faced and HR.. as nice as they are they are not good. Best thing about this place is the canteen.. good food for a good price.
Pros
canteen and co workers
Cons
low pay.. management and hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd?