G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd

G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd Job security & advancement reviews

The work is specific. You need to be fast-learner. You need to fit in the dead-line iand rich the targets. The teem is freandly and showing everithing.
Personally I have enjoyed my time within this company. Yes its stressful but that comes with the factory high paced environment. pay is good/ shift allowance is great and the room for progression if proved to work well and hard it vast. They have a new factory over the road which ive heard is a clean and productive environment with plenty of readily available overtime associated. last year with all of my overtime I earned over £30k which was great and hopefully I can do the same this year. Also shift patterns are fair and reasonable so would definitely recommend this to others.
Positives (there aren't many): * Generally, the people you work with on the production lines are friendly and helpful. * The salary is slightly above the average for this kind of work, but this is ONLY because otherwise they would get no-one to work there. * Plenty of overtime and no issues with getting paid correctly. Negatives: • Truly awful environment. Loud machinery, sparks and dust hitting your face. The sparks can really sting sometimes, be warned. Boiling hot in summer, and when you sweat so much the grime and dust gets into your skin, which is not good. Freezing cold in the winters - no hearing and doors open for unloading all the time. I regularly got chilblains, often so bad I had to use bigger gloves to get my swollen fingers into them. • The team leaders are rude, arrogant and are constantly on your back, they are never happy, always pushing for more and more. If you dare speak back to them you get hauled to HR and given a warning. Management are even worse, they don't even speak to you and look at you as if you are dirt. • Ridiculously short breaks, of which a lot of the time is taken walking from and back to the machines. You have to use part of your break time to do this. • If you clock in one minute late you lose 15 minutes of pay and get a warning. There is no sick pay but you will still get a warning whatever you are off for. One worker got a warning when his wife miscarried and he was with her at the hospital. I kid you not. Compulsory overtime, if you don't do it, expect a warning. • Very low career prospects. You are treated - more...
If anyone is desperate enough to work for this company you must have psychological problems slavery was abolished years ago management treat you like something on the bottom of your foot