G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd

G-Tekt Europe Manufacturing Ltd Pay & benefits reviews

Working at G-TEM is not for the faint hearted, I wont lie - its a busy, fast paced environment to work in. There is an expectation to do overtime and this is written into our contracts, but I see that as a good thing as it boosts my salary each week! Providing you turn up to work each day and do a good job the company treat you well, from my experience problems only arise when you create difficulties for yourself by taking lots of time off sick etc .
This company at the moment employing people just for short time. Salary is not poorly, but for really hard work could pay better. Worst is management there, because thay don't now how solve problems with employees without conflict.
it's fast pace working environment, good pay if working hard and it's lot better than my other jobs, over time is very good and is always available. weekend is one and half of time paid, and there is bonus in Xmas. I earned over 28K and was the one earned the most among my friends. breaks are short and unpaid but I don't think any company pays for breaks.
Personally I have enjoyed my time within this company. Yes its stressful but that comes with the factory high paced environment. pay is good/ shift allowance is great and the room for progression if proved to work well and hard it vast. They have a new factory over the road which ive heard is a clean and productive environment with plenty of readily available overtime associated. last year with all of my overtime I earned over £30k which was great and hopefully I can do the same this year. Also shift patterns are fair and reasonable so would definitely recommend this to others.
worked in weld department, 6:00 - 14:50, 16:20- 01:05, plenty of over time, 20% shift allowance on PM 30% on night shift. working days are Monday - Friday, overtime on weekend is optional. It is hard work, if your looking for an easy life this isn't the place, however there is good opportunity to progress. Many workers have been there 15 years or more so company seems stable. Good Christmas bonus over the past few years.
Positives (there aren't many): * Generally, the people you work with on the production lines are friendly and helpful. * The salary is slightly above the average for this kind of work, but this is ONLY because otherwise they would get no-one to work there. * Plenty of overtime and no issues with getting paid correctly. Negatives: • Truly awful environment. Loud machinery, sparks and dust hitting your face. The sparks can really sting sometimes, be warned. Boiling hot in summer, and when you sweat so much the grime and dust gets into your skin, which is not good. Freezing cold in the winters - no hearing and doors open for unloading all the time. I regularly got chilblains, often so bad I had to use bigger gloves to get my swollen fingers into them. • The team leaders are rude, arrogant and are constantly on your back, they are never happy, always pushing for more and more. If you dare speak back to them you get hauled to HR and given a warning. Management are even worse, they don't even speak to you and look at you as if you are dirt. • Ridiculously short breaks, of which a lot of the time is taken walking from and back to the machines. You have to use part of your break time to do this. • If you clock in one minute late you lose 15 minutes of pay and get a warning. There is no sick pay but you will still get a warning whatever you are off for. One worker got a warning when his wife miscarried and he was with her at the hospital. I kid you not. Compulsory overtime, if you don't do it, expect a warning. • Very low career prospects. You are treated - more...
The worst place you can work at, Bully Team leaders, worst Management ever seen, health and safety 0... Just a time to forget , same borring work every day
Pros
Cons
Management, rudeness, salary
As a whole the company has room for imrovement as do all companys. As long as you work hard and follow rules and procedures then you will do well. Alot of overtime available and in the current climate the business is expanding fast therefore there are may oppotunities for progression.
Pros
Overtime, pay and progression.
Cons
Hard mabual labour, you work hard for the money
Depends which area and shift You work but overall its good company and friendly place to work if You want long hours and overtimes,You have to deal with pressure of targets as well
Pros
Co workers, canteen, salary
Cons
Overtimes, targets, repetitive job
I was there just over my three month probationary period. You are told if you get past that with no sick or lateness and do all overtime asked of you, you will get a pay rise but they drag their feet for as long as possible, which is wrong as you have earned that money and deserve to be on the same pay as everyone else. Weekly pay is only £305, £288 before end of probation period which is pretty poor considering the pressure you are put under. It is so hot in there, your not allowed to go and get any water and you get told to hurry up if you even go to the toilet. My team leader was great and most of the lads I worked with but as for the coordinator, he is a vile person with no respect for anyone. You have two ten minute breaks and a half hour lunch. You can not leave your cell until the buzzer and have to be back before the end of break. If you are lucky, you get five or six minutes. Less if you work further up the building. Would I recommend this company to anyone... NO CHANCE. I believe there has been over 200 people left in under a year, so that says a lot. Management are two faced and HR.. as nice as they are they are not good. Best thing about this place is the canteen.. good food for a good price.
Pros
canteen and co workers
Cons
low pay.. management and hours.
Friendly place to work if you don't mind hardwork and working to targets. Overtime available, although not guaranteed. Shift's aren't too bad either but breaks are short and timed.