G4S

G4S Employee Reviews

Found 1,600 reviews matching the search
Great place to work with reasonable opportunity to make a name for yourselfGood location to work in as well good training on the job. Role playing was included in the training and the opportunity to make more money is there.
Pros
The salary & not having to work weekends
Cons
Hours
I do not recommend anyone who has the qualification to apply for work with this company. Extremely bad management. There is no staff welfare. It's sucks. No respect environment.
It’s great experience to work with g4s. Always pay on time. No complains at all. Staff is very friendly. Management is good as well. It is highly recommended.
Exelente compania, fue la mejor experiencia que tenido en éste país, un respeto total hacia el trabajador, (le gusta cuidar al obrero)Larga vida bendecida para G4S.
As a whole my G4S career has been great I've met lovely people and I am comfortable.However, the expectations of the job change daily, your role isn't specific nor your hours, very often I start a 6am and I am still going come midnight, and I find myself doing more than my job role and more than my area, both to support my officers and please senior management. Security officers are great, a mixed bunch but 9/10 you are brothers in arms however senior management doesn't care about the big picture you are only as good as your previous day (not all I will add), if you are a good manager you will find yourself holding up your team and completing tasks for other areas/managers. The possitives are if you excel at the role you will be left alone to continue the work until such a time. I can only speak for the contract I work on but you need to remember you are a number in a global company, you will unfortunately make little difference to people's opinions of the company or the processes they adopt. Saying that there are some amazing opportunities and people and if you put in the graft and take opportunities with both hands you can make a very good career.In no way is this a disrespectful review but an honest opinion. I am an employee of g4s and I will continue to be for some time however in my experience new employees are promised a Monday to Friday 9-5 and this simply isn't true. Security is a 24hr buisness and you will be expected to cover that spectrum.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long hours - 24 hour contact point
Wasn't really the job I applied for was sent to lock and unlock different sites with someone, you were then on call waiting for alarms to go off you would be sent on your own in the middle of the night which I think is wrong should be going in pairs. Your given a car its tracked an you have a camera watching you at all times. Management were really friendly just wasn't the job for me.
Pros
Bit of down time of a night
Cons
Long hours can get boring when the is no job to go to
Management were terrible would not deal with any issuesBeing on the emergency response team someone would have been seriously hurt down the to lack of training
Unfortunately the management doesn't care and only have anything to do with you if there is an issue, there isn't any communication and you have to train yourself once you start, no one tells you anything so have to try and figure things out. No support from management if you have any issues, they just do not care and will employ other people.
If you are on the right site it's not bad but if you are going from site to site they will send you everywhere in the Greater Manchester area and sometimes out of Greater Manchester at the last minute and don't believe them when they say you will be based in one area because they don't stick to that and you could be told to get to a site at the last minute which could be on hours drive away or even longer g4s don't care about the guards as far as they are concerned you are just another guard on site and that is all they care about
Pros
If you are on the right site and working for the right manager then you will be fine
Cons
Can be long hours and tieing
I would never work at G4S again from bad management tell you what you want to hear and forget about you some staff 5hibk they no everything and only been doing the job 3 years,or less think they are dome sought of rambo pay is rubbish I highly recommend NOT to work for g4s
Cons
Worst company I ever worked for in my 12 years for doing security.. was with the company over a year before getting my uniform.. never see a manager or supervisor.. never get my contacted hours was expected to drive 2 hours for a 12 hour shift and 2 hours home and do the same the next.. if you can't do a shift manager with take all your shift of you for up to 2 week...
Pros
You get paid on time
Cons
Management don't care about your safety
Outsourcing contact centre.Lower end of the scale for wages in the contact centre world and with the contracts they are providing services for there is no scope for bonus or commission to be earnt. Can see positive changes starting to happen as fresh people are brought in as part of the senior management team. Used to be more of a place that life could be made very difficult if you weren't part of the in crowd. Low grade bullying was common place by some of the SMT but everyone was too afraid to report it and if you did no support was given.
A fairly relaxed atmosphere where I worked but the 12 hour shifts at minimum wage and no bonus for nights and w/e work takes its toll when changing from days to nights....
Pros
Fairly relaxed
Cons
Long Anti Social Hours, minimum wage
at the covid-19 test centre, i felt like i had a purpose to work. the whole team were friendly and i was quickly introduced to many different roles. the job itself is rewarding and i would definitely recommend
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
The company is more interested in pleasing share holders and board members than actually focusing on the job in hand of looking after vulnerable patients and the staff that help them.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Poor managment, back stabbing staff, worn out broken equipment, zero advancing opportunities.
Your just a number. Will change your shift whilst your in bed resting for your next shift. Management are promoted because of there family. No career. Poor company
Pros
Cons
Management lies
Managers should consider their employees otherwise they will end up covering sites themselves. I would always recommend for those starting their carrier as Door supervisors or security guards.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Loser jobs an contractor all time not looking after staff always customers first not staff bad management been brought out maybe chance g4s best give staff good new start
Overworked and underpaid.Extremely dangerous environment for the sheer fact they employed anyone but yet had no staff.Was more about making money than creating a safe environment for its clients and staff.Some staff definitely made it worthwhile but there was a clear ‘click’ and if you did not fit in there was no hope.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no overtime incentive, understaffed
Management are shocking!! Unsupportive, uncaring, and unprofessional. Don’t usually review anything but want people to know how truly awful this lot are to work for.
Pros
Crew members
Cons
Everything else
The work itself is bearable. The management however make things up as they go along and tell you what they want you to hear. G4S recently took away 28 days holiday and gave 21 days but left some on 25 although everyone does the same thing. No equality. No real help from management either as they always flip your concern to something you have done wrong. Sarcasm from one management individual when you ask for help is diabolical. Never given any praise.
Pros
Shift
  1. Employee reviews