G8 Education logo
G8 Education

G8 Education Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Undervalue staff and no job growth

Kept as an assistant educator but was completing tasks that higher up staff should have done for three years. No pay increase based on performance only on government increases. Higher management focus on numbers rather than individual staff and it can be hard to improve the centre due to lack of funding. Overall a good place to learn but not a good place to stay as you are not compensated for the amount of work you do.

Pros

Good job security for the most part even during covid

Cons

Underpaid, no job growth, completing others work as some staff seem unmotivated, no support in regard to professional development and team building

Incompetent management, uncaring educators

Centre manager only cares about themselves and reaching their targets. Very poor organisational skills.Rude to parents and staff. Has no people skills. Some staff are lazy and find any excuse to be off the floor. Basically you are not appreciated and just treated as a number for ratios. Although they pay according to the award they struggle to give the breaks you are entitled to in the award.I have worked for other organisations that value their staff so much more.

Cons

No recognition, no review process, no salary review

After 10 years of service some recognition wouldn't go a stray. There was no salary review or opportunity for advancement. Management is rude, unapproachable and only concerned about their KPIs. I am so glad to be working for another company where i have received more recognition in my first 2 months than i did in 10 years at G8

Cons

Too many to list

Productive and fun place to work

Staff are so lovely and friendly! Very nice ,creative ,inspired clean environment! Feel reflex to work with the team ! The leaders are very kind to help new staff!

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Demanding and micro-managing. Manager and Lead Educators abusive.

When the manager interviewed me at the start, she asked me how is my English. I replied, I have no problem and in fact I have worked in an office environment before. She acted surprised and rudely asked, "How did that happen?!!" whilst shuffling through my CV. I should have turned around that time.. Lead educators often disappear with excuses like, "I have to check something quick" or "I have to talk to *manager* about something" When you pass by the office, they panic and starts talking about other things related to the centre. They leave the workload to the supporting staff. When it is their time to do an activity, they do something unmotivating activity then copy-pastes their old diary entry. Area manager comes often to "check" on things around. She goes one time around the centre(most often not even the whole centre) then sits back in the office with the centre manager to continue their blatant gossiping. G8 and managers are focused on the health of their circle of friends. ALWAYS throwing a party or "meeting" in the centre. Meanwhile, we, the staff, who work the hard work are not supported and dumped with more and more paperwork. Not enough time to finish anything!! When nothing is finished, they come back and tells us that, "You have to do this. Why are you not doing this?" If you tell them not enough time or staff, the answer is always the same: "I am trying to find one". The amount of paperwork is also astounding, it is micro-managing everybody. That is not how you improve the centre. Support your staff--not through filling more unnecessary documents--reward -

Pros

Lovely co-workers, Nice families

Cons

Over ratio, unsupported staff, lots of gossips, micro managing, paperwork

stressful work place

worked here for years , company doesnt respect you or the children only care about the income. Always over ratioed under staff, company protects their assets more then their staff

Pros

kids

Cons

everything

Go elsewhere!!!

Forced into using all leave entitlements during COVIDs first wave, now second time around we have no leave and they’re cutting hours with no pay. They don’t care about their employees at all. Prior to COVID - not rewarded for any extra hours put in, given minimal programming time, no training time & not reimbursed for resources brought - stingy & tight & management are snooty & ignore floor staff- the ones who actually do the hard work !!

Pros

The children

Cons

The whole compny

Avoid!

Avoid G8 Penrith at all cost! Management and leadership is extremely poor. They reward gossiping and harassment. Wages are bare minimum and you are not given time or resources to fulfil your job requirements. There is no communication from management and you aren’t treated like a person, just a number.

Pros

The children and floor staff

Not a supportive workplace

Spent several years with the company, got promised plenty of opportunities and salary packages. After working as hard as I could do excel in my career I continued to get knocked back and treated like a number.

Profit, profit, profit

They put on a front that they are all about professional development and bettering their team and their knowledge but they don't do it at all. You are pressured, to make sure you meet their targets and if you don't goodluck.

Jobs at G8 Education

See more jobs

G8 Prioritise all the wrong things

I found Working for G8 Education to be a stressful and thankless job. Management expect lots of unpaid overtime in an already underpaid industry. Lots of cutting corners to the benefit of profit at the expense of children, families and employees of the centers.

N/a

Don't work there as you do not get treated well. There are some staff that were nice when I worked there but if there is problems and you talk to the director They don't do anything and head office is the same

Wasn’t happy

All I can say is, profit means everything. Educators and children aren’t a priority. Not enough money invested into services. Too much focus on spending money creating new services rather than taking care of existing ones.

Terrible

Management very political. Use staff as spies to give them feedback on teachers, principal and centre matters. Very sweet talk, professionally portrayed, behind back stab. Selling brand, very poor in quality

Childcare

Childcare is hard, if you don't have the right team, managers or support it dosnt work, don't put work before your health, it will defeat you. Put your heart and soul into it but don't let it rule you.

G8 was a fantastic company to work in.

From start of my employment to the finish of it i had enjoyed g8 in my centre very well as they provided great training and support throughout and has awesome benefits as well.

Productive and fun place too work

Being a Family Advocate was both exiting and rewarding. I was always excited to meet new family. Rewarding due to helping families see their potiential. The staff member were fun to work with.

Pros

Meeting and helping new families

Cons

Conpesation for work

16 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we are delighted that you have found working at G8 such a positive experience. We’re passionate about providing quality outcomes for our families and our children and it is clear you are too!

Worst centre I’ve worked at, poor care practices, bad ratios, using trainees to close centres with no first aid certificate.

Payroll & HR were disgusting to deal with, the area manager didn’t return phone calls to discuss problems within the centre. Dirty centre that they expect staff to clean at the end of the day instead of cleaners doing a centre clean. I don’t recommend working for this company.

5 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We continually strive to provide a workplace where both our people and children thrive and feel valued, and will take on board your feedback.

Community Oriented

Caring staff. Great community of families and staff. Great location. A community park to enjoy before work, after work, or during lunch breaks. Great parking.

23 December 2019
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you enjoy working at G8 Education and are enjoying the community and facilities around your centre. With caring team members you will go a long way and that is what we are trying to achieve at G8; providing a supporting centre where you can grow as individuals and as a team.

It was GREAT working with Headstart

Headstart was a GREAT way for me to dip my toe back in the workforce. They were really fun to work with and I enjoyed my job immensely. Sadly it was only for a few months and then it was over

23 December 2019
Thank you for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at one of our Headstart centres. We currently have many opportunities available so please have a look on our website to see if you find something that would suit you. Best of luck.

Fast-paced but fun workplace.

G8 is a great company to work for. I really enjoy the friendliness of centre managers when they visit the centre. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make with staff and also the partnerships with families and their children.

24 November 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G8 Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement