GE Aviation

United Kingdom103 reviews

Found 103 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,225 reviews
projectculturebusinessteamexperienceopportunitylearnyear

Stressful work environment

Fast paced and required to deliver with high quality standards. Pushes its employees to a fast learning curve which can be quite demanding with low work-life balance.

Great place to work. HR treat you very well. A job for life. Fantastic processes and procedures to keep you covered and happy. Good pay. Good work life balance with shift

Insights into GE Aviation

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Support from manager

Overworked and under valued

My time with Ge was very stressful and lacked support. No training for tasks requested but expected a perfect outcome.I would not recommend Ge as an employer !

Benefits

Cons

Amount of work expected to be completed

Going down the tubes

I have worked here for 12 years, it’s gone downhill drastically in that time, the managing director is completely out of his depth, has no industry experience, and morale is at an all time low. Too many managers with too little knowledge, with no respect or consideration for the workforce. I can’t wait to leave…

Standard corporation

Driven to usual targets, although data reporting grew and grew to be a significant portion of the role, rather than actually working on actions. People are great, but the company seems too large to be able to make real connections

Team spirit & great colleagues

The whole site was supportive and colleagues were always ready to lend a hand. Supervisors were firm but fair and always got an answer to any question they didn't have an immediate solution to.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Some work end of life cycle so hard to get spares

Slow paced and not many opportunities to learn

Slow paced and not many opportunities to learn. Culture is non existing. Everyone just has their small own bit they need to do. If you want to progress, that's going to take a few years. Not a place for people who want to fast track their career and learn a lot.

good benefits

good benefits, management are poor. Need to change their ways and become more aligned with modern working habits and requirements. Pay your people more.

Was nice place to work

When I joined the comp the mgmt was fair but with new mgmt there was favouritism.If you agree with mgmt you are safe otherwise it is end of your career

Productive and fun work location

Very good company , and you can join to earn money as you do anywhere. I would recommend everyone to work in there as it given me a lot and had a good work experiences all along.

Wrong cell leaders and management making wrong decisions because they have no idea of the product

To many young inters given the authority to change things then after a year they leave then someone else comes in and make other changes. Bad management

Pleasant with difficulty in work and life balance

Strong culture and managers are capable If you work hard and smart, there will be a lot of opportunities to grow. A company with a lot talented colleagues to work with and learn from

Pros

Learning

Cons

In my view training on job is moderate however you can always get get help when you ask. People are generally helpful

In my experience one is left to do the job once initially training and product familiarisation is completed.One can always seek extra help when necessary

Pros

Flexible working hours depending on department.

Disorganised and dysfunctional

This company has absolutely no idea when it comes to running a business, save yourself and look else where. Management are a joke, employees are lazy and nothing ever gets said.

Pros

Free parking

Not good place to work

I don't recommend this Area for Foreigner. The competency is very very low that i expected in my previous experience, GE is a big company but this area is very very special, is very bad experience for me, i removed this experience in my resume, i spent the time just to teach the collaborators with hard head, the line manager is very special his goal is keep safe do not loss the her job.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Management totally incompetent

Poor experience

Poor experience with the old mentality with the old structure, the relationship is very bad, The competency is under the basic of knowledge. The groups of old employees took this company as their own. Not good place for foreigners.

Cons

Great place to work but.....

A good place to work with great pay and conditions. The main problem there is a total lack of effective supervision. Nobody in authority seems to know or recognise the people who actually do the work. It is a perfect hiding place for the lazy.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lack of recognition

Aircraft fitter

Really enjoy working for Ge aviation and if anyone can get a chance to work there I would say definitely go for it. It’s a relaxed friendly environment and pay is good

Ge

Typical Day can be frustrating and stressful. I have learned a great deal about the Aviation business. The Sub Section Management has gone down hill in recent years.

Not very dynamic

Communication is pretty poor between management and shopfloor, suppliers are restricted to current list and are expensive and some very difficult to deal with.

Beyond a joke

A very strange place to work , Company site has gone way down hill over the years , Big headed spoilt rich kids of former fraudulent lazy going money bleeding employees are now in charge not for their hard work and commitment but only their name . Too many employees have a poor attitude and act like they are bloody royalty. So many are still treating the site as a holiday destination and these individuals don’t get punished but rewarded with bonuses, ice cream and even takeaway food. Also common sense and site rules means nothing to majority too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement