GE Aviation

GE Aviation Employee Reviews

United Kingdom91 reviews

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,107 reviews

In my view training on job is moderate however you can always get get help when you ask. People are generally helpful

In my experience one is left to do the job once initially training and product familiarisation is completed.One can always seek extra help when necessary

Pros

Flexible working hours depending on department.

Disorganised and dysfunctional

This company has absolutely no idea when it comes to running a business, save yourself and look else where. Management are a joke, employees are lazy and nothing ever gets said.

Pros

Free parking

Not good place to work

I don't recommend this Area for Foreigner. The competency is very very low that i expected in my previous experience, GE is a big company but this area is very very special, is very bad experience for me, i removed this experience in my resume, i spent the time just to teach the collaborators with hard head, the line manager is very special his goal is keep safe do not loss the her job.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Management totally incompetent

Poor experience

Poor experience with the old mentality with the old structure, the relationship is very bad, The competency is under the basic of knowledge. The groups of old employees took this company as their own. Not good place for foreigners.

Cons

Great place to work but.....

A good place to work with great pay and conditions. The main problem there is a total lack of effective supervision. Nobody in authority seems to know or recognise the people who actually do the work. It is a perfect hiding place for the lazy.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lack of recognition

Aircraft fitter

Really enjoy working for Ge aviation and if anyone can get a chance to work there I would say definitely go for it. It’s a relaxed friendly environment and pay is good

Ge

Typical Day can be frustrating and stressful. I have learned a great deal about the Aviation business. The Sub Section Management has gone down hill in recent years.

Not very dynamic

Communication is pretty poor between management and shopfloor, suppliers are restricted to current list and are expensive and some very difficult to deal with.

Beyond a joke

A very strange place to work , Company site has gone way down hill over the years , Big headed spoilt rich kids of former fraudulent lazy going money bleeding employees are now in charge not for their hard work and commitment but only their name . Too many employees have a poor attitude and act like they are bloody royalty. So many are still treating the site as a holiday destination and these individuals don’t get punished but rewarded with bonuses, ice cream and even takeaway food. Also common sense and site rules means nothing to majority too.

Great company

Great pay with shift and excellent OTE with overtime readily available providing the workload is there. Great salary sacrifice benefits scheme and share save scheme.

Job was to the point with schedules being met.

Would work for them again although they are not based locally, tiny workforce but all pulled together to get the tasks done. Open to suggestions to aid production and the test fields

Pros

Fairly flexiable with working hours

Cons

short contract

Inclusive and interesting work

Flexible start times are great and management challenge you to achieve your best. The site in Cheltenham holds celebratory days and activities which are great fun.

Similar to 70's Britain, bosses have their favourites who are lazy

Think twice before accepting,as they are very slow to do things....4 weeks to get a door pass card! Most people are lazy where I work esp one individual, but,he is best buddy with his boss.

Pros

Brilliant hours

Cons

Most people dont like contractors

Fast Paced Environment

Once design is complete and parts are delivered, onsite, it is an extremely fast paced process to get the goods booked onsite, into stores, then out onto assembly. Again assembly is a fast paced environment all the way through each process until completion. Once new products are stable, the product gets handed over to the sustaining team where the process is still fast paced, but not so as in the beginning whrn just being introduced.

Work hard for very little recognition

Work very hard to improve standards and knowledge in all aspects of aircraft fitting and assembly work. Progressed to supervisor role with very little help from senior management. Management put alot of pressure and stress on flow leaders and team leaders to complete impossible targets.

Disorganised

Very unorganised company, always late on delivery’s, management is often fighting fitters to shortcut work ignoring customer specifications often delaying it even further. The workplace could easily be turned around with a new management system if implemented correctly

Good work/life balance

Start times are relatively flexible, any time between 0730 and 0900 depending on commitments, allowing staff to leave at a time that suits them. Half-day Fridays really are half days, with very little presenteeism.

Collaborative, Professional, Accomplished

Simply awesome team to work with. Very tight deadlines are met or exceeded in a very challenging and competetive sector of the aviation industry. There is a strong sense of comaraderie across the whole workforce and I have witnessed leaps and bounds improvements from the days when I started there on the design and development phase of the Airbus A350 trailig edge package to the stable serial delivery of that program at Airbus max rate.

Prefer not to say

I would prefer not to say anything regarding my time at GE, as the company is in the process of being brought out and therefore not relevant at this moment in time!

Loved the team of people i worked with.

Starting at 6am i would assess the machines viability to run, its safety, checking the touch screen for defects or alarm codes before proceeding to initiate processing.

Opinion of Ge aviation

Poorly managed felt my skills were not appreciated felt that people in charge knew less about manufacturing than people on shop floor couldn’t see it getting better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • GE Aviation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?