GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Excellent company to have worked for . Voluntary redundancy as I am 61 and feel I would like a part time position The company was a pleasure to have been a part of and if I had my time over again I would still go down the same route .
Finance team had different analysts reporting across the world . My role was WEC countries - Worked as a team for the Nordic regions so travel was also needed at the time
Pros
You could work on your own
Cons
American culture
The job itself was fine, it was interesting work and I learned a lot while I was there. The people I worked with were nice enough too. Simply, the managers made the job bad. I had two managers, one was the manager of the team and the other was just above him. The higher manager didn't let you speak to your colleagues whilst you were working and other just loved himself and was always worried about his own image and didn't care about the team. People got fired for doing something wrong, when it could've been fixed with further training, the managers just couldn't be bothered to give them that. I was singled out and bullied by the managers I hated it.
Pros
Nice team.
Cons
Horrible managers and no where else to turn to get help, Minimum wage when it should be more for engineering, bullying culture amongst managers, very little training but then they moan at you (or fire you) for getting something wrong.
Working with GE was fun, they have proper set of rules and regulations. GE Power may have some limitations but other GE sector may have great opportunites which I didn't experienced.
The people were the reason I stayed as long as I did, we were going to get made redundant so i left to avoid looking for a job with 10 similar people to me.
Very good company - passionate about the people who work for them thus safety is at the forefront of there business - all person adopt and promote the core values of the company at all times
A typical day would be clock in, get changed, head out into workplace, check with team lead on target for the day, sit down at one of the 4 stations and get to work.
GE is one of the best cultures I have worked at. Meritocracy, challenging and opportunity to progress. Strongly recommended as a first or second job to learn.
I worked for GE Oil&Gas from 2006 , having all kind of experiences , starting with new plant installation , finishing with high level of service , troubleshooting and maintenance on GE machines.
I did not do an interview for GE I was acquired as part of an acquisition, Overall working for GE was challenging and rewarding, where you were encouraged to work under your own initiative
Lot's of things and responsibilities. A bit more help required upon arrival for smoother handover. Great methods and techniques in overall operations and data driven organisation.
Overall General Electric is a very good company to work for. It has a lot of employee benefits and decent salary. Depending on which department you and it can be a little bit unstructured and demotivating depending the Department.
GE is a good company to be working with . Benefits are good and good work life balance good recognition for work done . Training for your next level provided Assistant to cpd and personal training and development
.A typical day at day is full of training and experience , i learned a lot of management and engineering process and that add a big value to my experience
a typical day work at GE is relaxing and stress free. i recommend GE as its one of the best organizations to chose to work at. salary standards have to be improved.
Immense opportunities to work with trending technologies. Despite being recruited as an Intern, I was given an opportunity to manage multiple IT projects. Hard work gets recognized. Pros: Certifications, WFH, Cafeteria, Gym, Parking, Tennis & Badminton
The role expanded in line with the business during the period of employment. It grew into a much larger role than tech/manager but not to the detriment of myself or the business.
GE provides a great learning and training environments to its employee. its a challenging environment and the company has a great expectation from you and lots of responsibilities to handle as you are taken on board.
GE Looks after you, financially and otherwise. There's plenty of initiatives to support and reward staff. Suffers greatly from an over-abundance of middle-managers - especially when not all are great managers
Pros
Great staff initiatives and rewards
Cons
Poor management in some cases
Enjoyed my time there until redundancy. It was a challenging workplace butwith great reward and gain. I particularly liked their philosophy of opportunity to grow.
A typical day as an intern was relaxing and filled with new opportunities to learn. I learnt about motors as well as the assembly and production lines. The management was sound and what needed to be sorted out was in fact sorted out.
  1. Employee reviews