GE Digital logo
GE Digital

GE Digital Employee Reviews

Undergoing a lot of internal changes

Great company to work for however currently undergoing major inter-organisational changes which affect job security. The company has a great vision for IIoT.

Pros

Flexible hours and places of work

Cons

Salary

I've been at GE (in some capacity) for 11 years, and I'm still the new guy. That's because people stay with the company. It's definitely a company who invests into their employees through pay and benefits. Before coming here, I was used to being the rockstar on every team. GE surprised me by being a whole company of rockstars. I'm regularly impressed by colleagues. It makes you want to step up your game in a major way.

Pros

Work from home, Pay, benefits, unlimited time off, Work/family balance is the best I've ever seen, Never a problem asking for family time or finding someone to cover

Cons

Advancement is mysterious, Sr leadership turnover churn is constant, Many potential growth opportunities but nebulous process to pursue them

It was a good stepping stone

I worked with great people and that made my time here fly by quickly. Priorities shifted multiple times and there were many reorganization. It’s hard to follow along with what’s happening.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Too many lay offs and reorganization

Company working culture is healthy and supportive.

Company rankings wise is good . Management can allow you to work from home as well. GE has many business options to work on multiple IT domain. You are free to apply internally for any internal Job.

Its good place to work

I have worked full time at GE Digital. Working here is fun as you can nicely balance out your work and personal life. I would really recommend this company to my friend.

Very flexible timings and productive

Timings are flexible and the team is very supportive to each other. Productivity is maintained at all times and the team is always devoted to the quality pf the product.

Do not recommend

Nepotism and racial bias! The local hub is a sinking ship! just waiting for lease to be up and the LED tax credits are over. The HR manager is a racist with a personal agenda. Comes in at 10am and takes 5-7 vacations a year.

Pros

Great pay and work life balance

Cons

Nepotism

Fun workplace

GE challenged me every single day. I worked at the service desk and it was amazing helping everyone and everything IT. They will challenge and use people to their limits, but with perfect communication its not all that bad. I will absolutely go back.

Great Company

Had an internship with GE Digital through the Year Up program for 6 months, my experience was great get to meet and work with different people all around the globe. My job title was global asset management which gave me the opportunity to work with different people and not only did i try to connect and meet with people from different teams, they also wanted to get to know me and connect with me. sometimes had the option to work from home, my job didn't require me to be in the office all the time or i could go to a different GE location as well.

Pros

work from home, community service, company culture, no micromanagement, hour break

Great company

A good place to work, minimal backstabbing but some management have an issue with remote work. Great experience with my immediate supervisor but her boss was not the most trusting person.

Jobs at GE Digital

See more jobs

Well organised work structure

Agile methodology from core levels. Teams in NOLA take complete advantage of agile while developing Predix applications. Onboarding a new member into an existing team is very welcoming and fun. I enjoyed working here especially in GE NOLA

fun place to work

This company was a wonderful place to work, they’re have a great cultural and v ery diverse space. They provided us with the appropriate tool and training .

Pros

Fun and Learning place

Cons

pay varies

Lot's of change in the office at the moment

A very challenging environment as new leadership establishes itself. Culture and morale are at a low, but hopefully will turn up soon with more concrete goals and strategies.

Has a fun room that has ping pong and pool table. TV room

Has on premise Gym. Work is very stressful. The work policies creates more issues and down time for the employees. Has a fun room that has ping pong and pool table

Fun place to work at, work is chill, more like a retirement company

Fun place to work at, work is chill, more like a retirement company. Wouldn't recommend fresher or new grads to join since contribution and learning is less.

Great culture, innovative with great people!

GE has one the best work cultures. Leadership gives you the freedom to innovate and build using the latest technologies to solve advance problems that face IT organizations!

Technology good, direction bad

GE Digital has some great technology and the people are also good to work with, but the direction of the company is suspect. They can turn it around though.

I worked remotely and had different managers who were all great to work for. Benefits were excellent. Flexible work schedule, good 401k plan, and very good work life balance.

Have been happy there for over a decade

I’ve been lucky to belong to a great team. The pay I would consider fair and benefits are good. I appreciate the time flexibility and work-life balance. The job security is a concern, as GE as a whole is having issues.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Job security

Learned a lot

I learned a lot at GE C#, JavaScript, Java, MSSQL Server. Talented dedicated people work there. Good culture except for the layoffs happening worldwide.

Ever Evolving Company

GE Digital is a business that is quickly evolving and adapting to customer requirements and industrial demands. As a global company, teams are located across 120 countries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Digital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement