GE Digital

GE Digital Management reviews

Company rankings wise is good . Management can allow you to work from home as well. GE has many business options to work on multiple IT domain. You are free to apply internally for any internal Job.
Nepotism and racial bias! The local hub is a sinking ship! just waiting for lease to be up and the LED tax credits are over. The HR manager is a racist with a personal agenda. Comes in at 10am and takes 5-7 vacations a year.
Pros
Great pay and work life balance
Cons
Nepotism
Had an internship with GE Digital through the Year Up program for 6 months, my experience was great get to meet and work with different people all around the globe. My job title was global asset management which gave me the opportunity to work with different people and not only did i try to connect and meet with people from different teams, they also wanted to get to know me and connect with me. sometimes had the option to work from home, my job didn't require me to be in the office all the time or i could go to a different GE location as well.
Pros
work from home, community service, company culture, no micromanagement, hour break
A good place to work, minimal backstabbing but some management have an issue with remote work. Great experience with my immediate supervisor but her boss was not the most trusting person.
A very challenging environment as new leadership establishes itself. Culture and morale are at a low, but hopefully will turn up soon with more concrete goals and strategies.
Has on premise Gym. Work is very stressful. The work policies creates more issues and down time for the employees. Has a fun room that has ping pong and pool table
GE has been a roller coaster for the last few years. The public struggles have been very real from an employee's perspective and we have been experiencing several ups and downs on a daily basis. GE is trying to cut debt and find a new stride, so it's an active social experiment. This presents many challenges for workers, however, it also creates great opportunities to learn and grow at a Fortune 10 company. Internally, the employees say they are a part of a 130 year old startup. Many of the old processes and ways of management have been thrown out the window and the company has been trying new things to survive. If you are someone that is a go-getter and not afraid of some uncertainty, then this could provide an amazing opportunity to launch your career into a new direction from an experience growth perspective. From a day to day working experience, many of the employees in the company are remote and the schedule is very flexible. The comp and benefits are pretty good and there is no vacation policy (as needed w/ manager approval). The autonomy is fantastic. The people are fantastic. It's just the ups and downs that could contribute to someone's declined motivation. No matter what, great experience though.
Pros
Flexible schedule, remote opportunities, management experience
Cons
Uncertainty with the company, management turnover
There are some opportunities to work on challenging problems that could have an impact, but the managerial organization is poor and constantly changing focus. Leaders don't understand the domain space nor the technology, and there is little oversight to ensure that teams work with a common goal and/or quality.
The employees I worked with were great. The management all around was poor. They didn't understand software development or technology, so all they knew how to do was push harder and harder, until employees eventually broke. They offered no sort of guidance in your career. It was a bit of a sweat shop. Human Resources at GE Digital New Orleans was the worst part of my experience. They didn't care about employees from a human perspective. You were just a liability to them. They were often not in the office. As I understand it, vacations were a priority. When they were in the office, they stayed in their office with the door closed and music playing. When employees quit, they gave no concern as to what would cause so many employees to leave in a short period. They didn't try to remedy the culture.
Pros
Great benefits, Great people
Cons
Human Resources
The recent changes have left a trail that is riddled with politics, misinformation and unethical business practices as a result of former, directors and VPs. The direction of the company is lacking, as upper management is in survival mode and due to the incompetence of leadership. Be aware of the potlics that former as well as current directors and VPs may carry to their next orginzation.
Pros
Great view from the office, Snacks, Friday drinks, security expertise
Cons
No ownership of projects, VPs and Directors, fragile leadership
Review Summary: I would not recommend this place to work. It was very dysfunctional no one knew what was going on or the real direction of the company most enjoyable part of the job was some of the people I met management was extremely political and more concerned with holding on to their job and being promoted than the vision of the company and getting the job done workplace culture was pretty bad
Brought in a bunch of people to work for ridiculously low pay. Then ended a bunch of contracts when it came time to pay people decent salaries. Management was horrible. No communication skills whatsoever. The only good experience I had with that place was the work environment. Great coworkers!
Worse place I worked in my entire career . 01-First is a call center. 02-Bad management. 03-Some days cannot take a lunch time. 04-No 15 minutes break. 05-Some days can even go to the bathroom because the chat its so busy. 07-Lack of professionalism. 08-Favoritism. 09-Entry job for a call center. 10-Just promises......
Good workplace culture. I like the way the work is done. The management is great .i have learned many different things in there. The project was great with many new features.
Pleasant place to work. Excellent facilities. Supportive management. Leaders in Industrial Internet of Things. Great group to work with. Dream commute.
There are two people managing the help-desk at GE Digital. There is literally zero communication with the regional manager, and all questions pointed at our team lead receive a looped response to ask said regional manager. More people quit here than get hired, which is due to lack of/no communication, asked to do things outside of your job role, and losing your job after needing to take a medical leave. I wouldn't work here for 10x the amount of money I made here, due to the stress-levels and negative effects this job has had on me due to poor management.
The job is great if you are looking for a place that only promotes based off of personal relationships rather than job performance. The only good thing about working at Ge is that they pay well. Not sure if the pay is worth the stress. Perfect job out of college not really for the long term.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management, lots of favoritism
Greats ideas. Horrible execution All the excitement of working for a name as recognized as GE is quickly gone when you realize GE is dead and dying slowly. Poor execution. Managers that are unqualified promote others to be managers that are equally as unqualified
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours and job security
PROS: Great work/life balance, unlimited PTO CONS: Terrible management (no leadership, execution, accountability, etc). Team is generally on auto-pilot without a captain at the helm (in fact the manager has abandoned ship a long time ago -- MIA!). Management is mostly all talk and no action (make lots of promises to the team but fail to follow through). Constantly waste resources and $$$. No one on team is positioned to be promoted even though some have constantly gone above and beyond. Many people abuse the unlimited PTO.
No proper strategy or planning for products and people. The higher management does not have the depth of understanding of product or customers. Eventually the customers and employees suffer during lay offs and product release delays and quality concerns.
The company changed management from CEO level to director level during my my tenure, which resulted in a mass exodus of SMEs during rampant reorganizations.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
Constant change left everyone confused and demoralized