GP Strategies

GP Strategies Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working with GP Strategies. We had a good team of both experienced and enthusiastic team members. All was well until the government funding was cut. This made the task of hitting your target virtually impossible. I was never impressed with Senior management and often wondered how successful they would have been if they had to go out and bring in new accounts.
Pros
Good team mates
Cons
Too much time in the office on the CSR which inevitably died when you had completed your work.
Made to complete files for learners who had dropped out, made to complete functional skills for learners who couldn't do them. Awful peers with no morals.... No ethics, only interested in statistics, learners in social care walking around with fake qualifications working with people's loved ones
Pros
Cons
Long hours, not what you'd expect from an international company
This is such a badly run place, pressure is immense and no support. Bullying culture and belittled if you start to crumble, which is most people. Many staff off sick and never seen again.
Pros
They encourage you to take courses which can support your own development, good annual leave, good health cash plan
Cons
12 hour day's, bullies, awful management, lack of care for learners values, no work life balance.
Leading from the top, appalling management, lost in the eighties, bullying tactics, no regard for staff their health their well being it’s all about money, Probably one of the worst organisations I’ve ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
The above review
The pay is decent for what you actually do however trainee staff are paid more or less the same rate as long term serving staff which obviously causes animosity in the office. New staff come from a variety of backgrounds which makes me wonder what HR actually do, becomes a hassle helping new staff who don’t have any relevant industry experience, I have no problem helping new staff but it is not in my pay bracket.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Progression
Management are incompetent & bullies that speak down to you. They lose your personal documents & aren't concerned about it. You have to pay for your tunics after a free one. Residents get left for hours with no encouragement to move about or use the toilet. Medication left on tables for them to take later. A shambles.
I have been with them for 1 year and have had no contact with the company for a while they have sent me numerous messages saying that there has been a funding issue yet dont answer the phone I was with a gp practice and was promised a job offer at the end of It as to which I have now been made redundant due to no job offer at the end I also have not received my qualification as they have added months on due to not being able to come out with vivid I'm now without a job and have wasted 12 months of my life I would never ever ever ever go with these even if it was the last place on earth to offer me a job
Pros
Cons
False promises
Management unprofessional and not understanding when need time off, cnt work certain hours etc. Shifts all over the place. False promises in interview. Only lasted a few month. Worked for 4 care companies and this is by far the worst.
Cons
Whilst I thought changes in service provision and training requirements and a lack of management around these were the reason the workplace was steadily declining, I have come to realise that it is the very essence of the company itself slipping through the cracks and myself becoming more and more aware of it that is the real problem. In this company, there is a blame culture that permeates everything you do, there will always be someone to blame and it is usually the people on the bottom of the pile. Waste rolls down hill here. Senior management is a joke and integrity is a foreign word to them. If the awarding body looked through files, on even a surface level, they would find so much poor practice. The IQA process is laughable, though some individual IQAs are wonderful, they are working against the system. Second line assessing is not just accepted but expected and there is no process to question it. IQAs do not have the usual role of knowing where every learner is with their diploma/standards etc, and supporting assessors with their caseload but rather a reactive approach. No start or mid IV's completed, only end ones and it is their job to find actions, no matter what you do. If they do not find actions, GPSAS, the sister EPA company of GP Strategies, will find them regardless. I have had a caseload well into the triple digits and been threatened with disciplinary action due to not being up to date with uploading. For a company that claims to be going paper-free, the amount of paperwork is astronomical. There is no focus on the teaching and learning aspects of the - more...
Pros
None that you couldn't get elsewhere
Cons
Everything.
Working for this company was the worse career move in my life and the certificate for teaching does not mean anything whatsoever to other companies due to the work experience. The training is the appalling! They do not show you the systems properly etc. For the money, they give you a case load of 70+ and expect all the learners to be up to date and companies do what they say?! The management have no idea what they are doing and the man in director is the biggest bully since Donald trump!
busy but collaborative environment no 2 days the same very little in the way of training/development, but plenty of career opportunities most UK positions now being moved to offshore to save costs
Global company heavily influenced from US parent company aspect. Needs Better progression structure and internal performance management process to support talent Development.
Company do not value staff, bullying tactics are used and ignored when suits, underhand delivery, not at all honest company, if the funding agency delved deep enough, they would find a lot of forgery which management are aware of and are good at denying. Treat everyone like a number not a person, hire and fire and do not look at the real areas of issue which is senior management.
Too much expected, over worked,stressed and just expected to deal with it,too much emphasis on recruiting new learners and not enough time spent with learners already recruited.
No work/life balance. Too much pressure and the pay doesn't reflect the work done. MD is bullying in all honesty and staff are constantly belittled and made to fear for their jobs.
Loved my work here but management closed sales section down I was responsible as part of a team making 100 calls a day to generate new business , selling the benefits of staff being signed up to nvq and making appts for assessors togo out and sign companies up
Senior management poor, spend a lot of time blaming others for there problems and short comings. Always a negative. Line managers/ IQA’s in the main very good and helpful . Wages poor considering what you can get elsewhere
GP strategies is a leading company in L&D. Working with various clients, keen to use new methodology and tools. Everyday is varied with new challenges.
This employer only works if your face fits. It is very cliquey and the only people that get promoted are those that have been there for some time. Promotions are offered, and new roles are seldom advertised.
I was bored - i didn't have anything to do. Hardest part for me was the wage was super poor. I didn't learn much at all. Nothing was ready when i started.
This seemed like my dream job, until I started. On my first day the staff didn’t even know I was starting as it had not been communicated by head office to my branch. Management only care about targets, I felt bullied and marginalised. No support given and unrealistic targets to meet yet it solely the employees fault. This company are just happy to sack whoever and whenever, their is no job security.
  1. Employee reviews