GAIL's Bakery

GAIL's Bakery Employee Reviews

Work life balance? Underpaid jfor the amount of hours worked and type of stress caused. Specially if you are on a monthly salary. You will work more hours to cover for the hourly paid staff( to achieve your KPI s)
Pros
Quality of food and some of people that work in the company
Cons
Work life balance/ salary
I DO NOT recommend anyone to work at Gail's! HORRIBLE! A REAL NIGHTMARE!!! Unpaid hours! Unfair treatment from senior management team and head office! Once you leave the company they will not pay for your holidays! A truly DISAPPOINTING experience! Only work here if there is nowhere else to work - if you are very desperate! - otherwise please avoid the company for your own sake!
Pros
Nothing!!!
We can can call GAIL's a legal sistem of slavery, where you are getting paid a misery but u have to run like crazy. However you're either over worked or under-worked. I dunno if the head office it's more terrible than managment. Both pigs. Horrible company. Go to work for McDonald's and u will be 100% happier. A lot expected of people working for this company, but at least you have free coffee and free food at the end of the day.
Pros
free food (Is it worth it?)
Cons
slavery
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment. Good hourly rates and holidays and a pension. Good training facilities. Discounts with many other companies. They also give remaining fresh produce to charities around London
Pros
Good discounts and holidays
Cons
Hours knocked when it suits them not the employees
Horrible toxic people run these “cafes”. Prepare to have you’re every move shadowed by the insecure unprofessional management and all they’re “favorites”. By favorites I mean colleagues on you’re level who are allowed to treat people like they’re lesser. If you’re manager says something to you and you respond with anything other than “yes” it will be deemed “offensive” and you will hear about it on the shop floor in earshot of colleagues and customers. The shift you’re given simply depends on how much the manager likes you as they will definitely give they’re friends early morning and afternoon and the fodder will get evening shifts, so bye bye family life. Don’t bother applying, you’re life and time is worth more than this place.
Pros
The foods ok
Cons
The food doesn’t make this place worth the stress.
Poorly managed a chaotic place to work over worked the staff I hated working there.No cleaners ,no kitchen porter was doing things which were not in my job subscription and sometimes underpaid.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unpaid short breaks
Gail's offering of food and drink on the go or for a quick sit down is top quality. However, in my opinion- employing those who have the ability to function within a team and as a unit would go a long way in being a more productive workforce
Ledningen skulle sätta mig igenom deras baristakurs inom ett par veckor från start, men gjorde inte det under de 3 månader jag jobbade där. Därför lärde jag mig att inte ta allt ledningen säger för givet. Utan deras baristakurs fick jag inte de pengar jag erbjöds vid intervjun, eftersom jag var på papper inte registrerad som barista i deras system.
Gail's need to employ good managers. Most of time managers treat employee very bad. They don't t know how to do customer service. They need good training
Cons
Gail’s Bakery (Putney) was one of the most chaotic places I have ever worked. The manager was never there and when she was, she was incompetent and lazy. They expect too much from team members and baristas, the bare minimum from the management. She wasn’t even required to... be there.
Pros
good coffee training
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GAIL's Bakery?
Normally getting up at 4am, but rush in the morning for coffee. Good stamp scheme with customers but depending on location some nice customers and some quite entitled customers which was never helpful to staff.
absolute worst company to work for. the work culture is toxic and management competitive and insecure rather than supportive. everyone is blaming someone else for their incompetence. staff turnover is worse than I have ever seen in my life. The pay is s***, and the hours are very long and absurd. if you want to grow in a stable progressive company, look somewhere else!
Working for Gail’s Bakery wasn’t my best experience in my career. This company is expanding massively, however there is a lot of people who doesn’t know what are they doing. The company culture is toxic, and pushes people away. I should of trusted the feedback and comments before i joined them.
I worked there for about a year and all I learned was to know that if you’re not a manager friend, they will give you as much **** as possible with the worst shifts and putting all the responsibility on you. So basically they will base the rota and responsibilities according to their necessity and friendships they got there, giving you the worst ever.
To be avoided! You get paid the minimum wage and you work no stop! It is super busy and when it is not you have to do deep cleaning, restocking ecc. if you smoke forgot about having a cigarette during your shift. You only get 20 mins of break even if you are working 10-12 hours. There is no organisations and managers/ assistant managers do not do anything apart from complaining about company apart from complaining about the company. Team menbers have to dò everything
absolute worst company to work for. the work culture is toxic and management competitive and insecure rather than supportive. everyone is blaming someone else for their incompetence. staff turnover is worse than I have ever seen in my life. if you want to grow in a stable progressive company, look somewhere else!
I ignored the reviews and the previous staff about how terrible Gail's was. Gail's Temple fortunes has one of the poorest management. Your directors/managment demand way too much from staff who are overworked. You pay low. You staff are poorly trained. Management are incompetent.
Worked here over the summer was very stressful and customers are very rude. Helped open the shop and had to have a lot of training to learn knowledge about the products and how everything is made
The interview was very easy and was offered to start the next week. They didn't offer me much training or shadowing in my first few weeks. The working hours was good and usually finished before 9pm.
nice job to work in as a starter and to grow your skills and grow as a person to progress into other ventures you decide you want to continue your life in.
One of the worst things about working there I think is the management team. Not only they can't communicate appropriately (from the shouting you feel stressed) but also they don't have proffecional manners and are not compitent for their jobs.
  1. Employee reviews