Gallagher

Gallagher Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,109 reviews

Bonus scheme is good as you make it

Disorganised Dishonest Used to meet targets and then forgotten about Be apart of the clique or make sure you work harder than most to get the money

Pros

Bonus scheme

Cons

Salary

Not all doom and gloom.. about 80% doom.

Management treat you like rubbish and make you feel so worthless. Very unprofessional but only when it suits. Full of fake promises and no support or understanding on people's needs. Salary is just all over the place, people been in the company 4 years with no pay raise and then new people starting on 3/4k more. Makes no sense! Turn over of staff is ridiculous, people don't get trained correctly to do the job. However there are some good things.. if your a manager favourite you'll get a pay rise and perks, you'll get a free night out once a year and maybe some bits in-between. But would you rather a pay rise or a free bar??

Insights into Gallagher

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Awful place.

Terrible place to work, Everything constantly breaks, they refuse to upgrade their tech, they do not care about their staff's health, they constantly offer carrot on a string style promises and never fufill, they hire anyone who applies regardless of experience

Avoid this awful company

There is absolutely no training, just 2 days of watching a PowerPoint. Senior managers and team leaders have no clue what they are doing, yet get annoyed if you do something wrong when they have given no guidance. You are given a work load to the equivalent of 4-5 people. Yet they will accuse you of under performing. There is no structure in the office, half the time employees never get to take breaks or leave on time. However you have to come in early and work for free, they expect you to have your phone turned on 10 minutes before you start your shift. So imagine every employee doing that 5 days a week, they are getting a lot of free labour. The employee is always wrong and scape goated for poor management. The company isn’t willing to invest in their employees, so half the time everyone is clueless on what to do. And when they get rid of people they will send an email around about the person they just made redundant, with the reason why, scare mongering other employees into not doing what that person did. There is no parking, you can be driving round aimlessly for half an hour before your shift starts trying to find a space. Even if there is no parking and you are late due to this reason, you’re at risk of losing your job. So people end up parking on double yellows or in 1 hour parking bays. Because it’s either get a parking ticket or lose your job. The senior staff have no compassion, and talk badly about members of staff constantly. The only way you will survive is if you’re a brown noser. It’s a high school environment with child like people. If you have any common sense -

Good place of work

I really enjoyed working with the people at Gallagher construction, and its a very good environment place of work. Not far for me, just very very close to me from my house.

If I could give ZERO it still wouldn’t cut it

Overworked and Underpaid is an understatement.God awful management.We have all been off on extensive sick leave with the inability to cope with work. You are spoken to and treated like rubbish. You work all sorts of hours with not even as little as a pat on the back.Staff turnover at this rate says a lot about a company, I was there 6 years and people thought I was a newbie but in reality they were. People use Gallagher to get their CII qualification then leave.

Cons

Don’t have enough time….

Avoid this call centre

Staff always on the sick due to stress, high turnover of staff means you are pressured to come in early, work though lunch and stay on UNPAID (sometimes they offer you a slice of a dominos to stay on to sweeten you up) . Expected to pick up additional work which is completely impossible during your working hours. If you earn a decent bonus they will find a way not to pay - I have witnessed this! Managers are constantly monitoring your activity on the system and listen in to phonecalls which makes you feel like an absolute child. You are expected to train new staff whilst trying to keep on top of your workload as well as picking up the leavers workload too, oh and get paid the same amount as the new starters (but under no circumstances are you allowed to discuss your pay with anyone). You are expected to sell everything over the phone and get interrogated by managers if you send terms out to customers. By no means are you allowed to send quotes, instead you have to bombard customers with silly amounts of phonecalls which they ALWAYS complain about.. You can't blame them, I'd be the same if a company rang me 5 times a day!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list..

Management are the problem

The staff turnover says it all really, they cant hold their staff which generates problems and stress for the staff who actually work there. They get passed garbage leads by a well known company who deal with PL insurance. Get in dated with calls and staff have no time to work the leads. Management keep promising that this will get fixed but was promised this each month for the last 2 years. Staff are friendly but if you are not in the circle then be prepared to work alone.Only being kept a float due to the American side of the business.

A sweatshop work mentality.

Too high workload and badly organised. Expectations require out of hours unpaid work in order to meet. Out of date poorly maintained IT systems and staff encouraged not to be divulge all information to clients. Insufficient and inadequate training offered. A bad experience and very little chance of career advancement.

Pros

Cons

Many

A promise of a chilled office environment. In reality a call centre

Interviewed and offered the job on the promise of a chilled office environment. Take 5 calls a day and insurance brokerage. In reality, its a call centre with the expectation of answering calls all day and expected to fit brokering in around the calls. Unrealistic sales expectations and pay not worth the stress that comes with the job.

great place to work

really enjoyed working here, sorry i left - was an interesting time in my life, took a wrong turn. great set up teams are helpful and friendly, good atmosphere

Pros

good location

Cons

pay isnt great

Great place to work with great people!

A great place to work within a very friendly/supportive atmosphere. As the business is continually growing there are always new opportunities to progress and the company happily funds further professional training etc. Whilst it is a busy environment to work within, management are approachable for help and job comes with the rewards you would expect.

Pros

Friendly supportive culture

Not for me

Very isolated, as opposed to team driven. Very demanding to reach unachievable SLA targets. Immense pressure on areas of the team, with restricted numbers of handlers due to high staff turnover. Low morale amongst most of the office

I was treated like I was at school

Our manager had to be copied in on all external emails and felt like I was always being watched for what I was doing. I felt like I had no autonomy. Management was not helpful and didn't seem to genuinely care about staff.

This maybe just my experience but, the personal manager to me was let's say heightened!!,and the area manager was a steam punk oddity.

The people in the buildings to meet and greet helpful, trying to work under managers that like to belittle for no other reason very reflective on them!!.

Extremely Professional and Friendly

would struggle to find a nicer place to work. Everyone is on the ball and really professional, but willing to help anyone out if needed. really friendly atmosphere.

Do 2 peoples job for one person pay

My position at Gallaghers started fine then they just keep putting more work on you and not give you any rewards. You become very under pressure. My personal opinion is training could be better and opportunity to advance

Dreadful

Bad experience that I would not want to repeat. There was no communication; no structure and the only interest was in numbers. The number of consultants was drastically reduced and there was no job enjoyment/satisfaction

Nice place to work friendly staff good hours and pay . Targets to be met but not pressurised would definitely recommend working here . Nice new offices and decent canteen.

Good environment offering free hot drinks

Gallagher's was a wonderful first accounting role to give practical experience. I thoroughly enjoyed my role in Gallagher's & inherited some great work experience.

Relaxed, but little progression

I was involved in a very small operation within Gallaghers, so my review will not reflect the main scheme of things. There was a good working environment, but due to limited opportunities I was forced to move on if I wished to progress my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement