Galliford Try

Galliford Try Employee Reviews

United Kingdom119 reviews

Good company

Pleasure to work there would definitely recommend anyone to take a position if it were offered to them I would return if something came up , the works for Thames Water was very informative for me personally.

I worked with gallifords for 5years.worked on secure units and HMP nationwide..

Excellent company to work for,good salary and accommodation.I only finished due to retirement.site teams were first rate, excellent work conditions.First rate project manager and contract manager.

Pros

All round a good company

Cons

Long hours but I was well rewarded

Great worth ethic

Every day was different with meeting different people. Lots of interesting work helping the teachers and children to work safely and in a nice environment.

Pros

Easy going work place not too much pressure.

Cons

Working with certain individuals.

Useless management

Management haven’t a clue what’s going never touched a tool in the life rude and don’t care about the project there on, seem to only hire the country’s worse and health and safety doesn’t exist on there sites.

Pros

Cons

Like talking to a egg plant

Disappointingly weak management

Full of great promises at Interview, failed to deliver on all counts, Directors detached from reality, management team too weak to support staff, Training regime was very poor, Bonus scheme very poor, 4 years out of 4 I received 1% or less after the promise of a 15% bonus annually. This would indicate to me, that the company lied, or the performance was so poor that it could not afford any bonuses.Given the opportunity to help its staff during the recent pandemic, they chose to ignore the Furlough scheme, and made a number of key personnel redundant in stead.I definitely would not recommend this company to any prospective employee.

Pros

Very Friendly

Cons

Would stab you in the back as quick as looking at you

Very fast moving company

I loved my job at GallifordTry even though at times it was very stressful but that was part of the enjoyment. The relations I gained over the 12 years were my biggest achievement. I found my management had their favourites which did play on my mind on a daily basis. My daily routine of applying employees hours to enable them to be paid correctly was not just about inputting numbers it was actually me taking care and pride in my job to make sure it was accurate. The hardest part of my job was I made an error that made an impact on employees livelihoods.

Pros

Bonus and appreciate awards

Cons

Favourites

Loved it

Here 4 years as a temp on 3 different projects, the first two with the same team. Had some great training & learnt loads of new things. I was offered a perm job but the would have been worse off financially so stayed as a temp. Learnt 2 document control systems & 2 snagging apps as well as a financial control system. I helped the team acheive gold and bronze CCS awaswas

Pros

Well thought off, given training, help and advice, brilliant team culture

Cons

Salary in tiers instead of being at the discretion of a manager, based upon your experience, and what you can do

Good timed

Spent nearly 3 years with the company, one of the best I have worked for, was freelance but looked after me like I was employed, gsve ma all the benefits

Pros

Goid salary

Cons

Some out of hours

Excellent company to work for

Worked for Galliford try for 3 years unfortunately I had to leave due to ill health the company looked after me very well even though I was ill I loved my time there hard work everyday but the pay was good and I like to earn my money and managers friendly.

Pros

Free H&S training

Cons

Good company to work for. Very friendly directors and is a fast pace construction company. They have a great intranet system and work life balance is very important to them.

G t

Working for GT is like any other large companies with all the usual problems and issues. On most day it is a nice place to work but there are days when you wish you had won the lottery.

Galliford try Review

Excellent company to work for, great people and teams, simply the best. Well organised, plent of support from upper management, If theres a problem, you get the support

Avoid

Overworked, underpaid. Senior management make poor decisions and you tidy up after them. They talk a great deal about mental health and health and safety, yet the truth is the opposite.

Poor

MaNAGEMANT on site were a pair of gobshites more interested in themselves and any bonuses than anybody on the site . Pay the friends 10 hours and everybody else 8 hours and they go home before you .

Pros

Cons

Gobshites in the office

Very good people working together

Is the place that you can call 2 home. Enjoy the work with responsibility and a backup of very good profesional and skilled work companions. Yes a good place to work

A good company to work for.

A very friendly and relaxed working atmosphere. An open door policy at all levels. The senior management always took time to address any issues and were not afraid to be told if they were wrong or there was a better and safer way to address an issue or problem.

An Enjoyable Time

Came initially for 12 months , i was told that at the interview and stayed for 27 months. Nothing wrong with the Company , good ideas , good to work for , helpful if things go wrong outside of work. Overall i enjoyed my time

If your face doesnt fit youre out

Unstructured interview. HQ culture of gossip and look down on every other department. Some unsupportive and judgemental management team members. Repetitive work which was unstructured. Not allowed to use initiative must stick to the unwritten plan - which in the end depended upon the mood of the manager.

Productive work force

The management down to the guys on the ground were a pleasure to work with. At Galliford Try they have an excellent workplace health and safety policy which ensures all of the work force is kept safe at all times. I learnt a great deal whilst working with a number of the management staff.

Professional Productive workplace

Good Variety of work. Good working environment and Team. I wish it could have been permanent. Would Ideally like similar role. Good work/life balance.

Good short term contact.

Galliford Try was a good place to work. I was employed for a short term contract and found the people to be very hard working, helpful and productive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galliford Try. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Galliford Try with