Game Nation
Happiness score is 30 out of 100

Game Nation Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

Boring

Can be really quiet or really busy no in between this company needs more security for the safety of staff as there really is nothing in place to protect staff

Pros

Friendly management

Cons

Small team so can be problematic

Worst place I've ever worked in 40 years.

You're just dealing with gambling addicts on a daily basis. If you like grown men having a go at you because they've lost all their money AGAIN this is the job for you. Company don't even abide by their own handbook rules regarding health and safety or employment law, and their standard is "If you don't like it you know where the door is".

Pros

Cons

No breaks, lone working day and night shifts, unqualified management

Insights into Game Nation

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Waste of time.

This company is a joke. Do not work for them they will treat you like dirt and boot you out the door. Rubbish pay. They own you once you start and don’t ever expect a life

Pros

Sweet fa don’t expect a break on a 12 hour shift

Cons

The whole place

Not a great place to work

Whilst the people you work with are great the management leave a lot to be desired. Phone calls getting you out of bed expecting you to be straight up and into work in ten fifiteen mins because someone hasnt turned in to take the night guy off. Last moment phone calls to change your shift because someone hasnt turned in and expecting you to give up your plans. The upper management all need lessons in how to treat thier staff and not treat them like goffers. Honestly avoid this company if you can.

soul destroying place to work

a non-stressful job is made to be stressful by awful management and horrible customers. such a boring job as most of the time you will be working alone for 8 hours. plenty of overtime though as nobody wants to work there and leaves after a few months of working. "customer service advisors" who do all the work and get no appreciation and then get treated like peasants who deserve no respect from senior management who barely ever acknowledge you. I would not recommend a job here to anybody.

Pros

Cons

everything

Stress free work

Recently started with this company. Been with them for 2 months now and honestly I don’t feel like I am working anymore. It’s that stress free. The management is very supportive. They encourage work life balance and it’s a new company and they want to grow together with the employees. Would definitely recommend this company. There is a lot of opportunities to grow within the company as the company is expanding. There is a very good bonus scheme with weekly and monthly bonus and the management sets achievable targets for the bonus and they really want us to get it. The breaks are paid and the uniform is staff friendly.

Pros

Stress free life, weekly and monthly bonus, paid break.

Cons

Comparatively low wage to live in London.

Challenging and fun workplace

Working in the gambling industry for about 5 years and I can say that this is better then any other company. Since working here everyone been very helpful and supportive.

Never again.

Worst job I've ever worked. Only worked there a few days, was told this job will make me mentally ill, didn't pay me for my days worked and feel like it's been a constant battle to get what I earned just because they didn't put me on the system from the start by the sounds of it. Never would I consider working with this company nor would I recommend family/friends. Absolute waste of my time

Super place to work

Super place to work, friendly environment, good members of staff. Area manager and regional manager are very supportive and helpful ,and can teach you many things. Good wages, good bonus program. Anyone new one to start in company have good career opportunities.

Journey of a lifetime

Good company room for growth, I'm of course still learning, would be better if they could change the pay to Bi weekly or every month.a typical day at work can be quite as I'm on night shiftwhat you learned, to control the cash deskmanagement is good always answer my questionsworkplace culture a mixture of peoplethe hardest part of the job, fear the wages isn't enough to live in Londonthe most enjoyable part of the job, regular customers easy to banter.

Pros

Relaxing atmosphere

Cons

Doesn't meet London living wage

Terrible

Poor poor management No regard for problem gamblers Terrible pay Avoid at all cost Violent customers No work life balance No overtime pooor pay

Rapidly growing company with great work culture

My experience in last couple of years is no top down management only cooperative team culture. Relaxed and fair with a good work life balance. Colleagues in area are all great. I would recommend.

Pros

Good management, “one team” culture

Terrible

The management couldn’t care less about the Chelmsford venue, you will be left to it to attend and fix the gambling machines which frequently go wrong with absolutely ZERO training the whole place is a joke and has about 4 customers a day so it’s either extreme boredom or stress they are the only two emotions you will experience

Nightmare

Job is a nightmare. The company is full of people who doesn´t respect you: CEO, managers, area managers, regional directors, ... I am looking forward to leaving this job and this company. From the first day you start, you can see the bad work environment created and promoted by the bosses. If you have the opportunity to work elsewhere, do so. It was better my old job as a stripper that at least I earned a lot more and I was more respected by customers and the other girls I worked with than in this company where nobody respects you or takes care about you and the salary is a joke.

Rubbish company.

Rubbish management from managers upwards. Clearly area managers/shop managers have favourites and get treated differently from other employees. Shocking pay for the fact we are practically risking our life’s daily handling the shop float. No breaks get taken. Before Covid you was FORCED to do a 10hr shift by yourself, without a break. Bosses constantly watch cctv and will pull you on the smallest of things but do not give you praise when you’ve gone out your way. The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Complete joke.

Pros

None whatsoever

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Game Nation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement