Games Workshop

Games Workshop Employee Reviews

Steady and growing environment

A day at work can be very eventful and full of surprises, with plenty of people passionate about providing the best quality of products.There are a numerous amount jobs that can prove to be beneficial from datavalanisys to staff management to quality checking.

Best workplace i have ever had

The entire staff members I have met from start to finish have been absolutely fantastic and welcoming. Such a great working environment and experience I will never forget it . It has been a dream come true for me and for the amount of time I was working there I can honestly say I woke up every day thinking to myself YAAAY it's time to get to work.

Pros

Free White Dwarf for employees

Cons

Not there and understanding for the staff as they claim to be.

Great place to work, supportive management, open door policy, rewarded well and equally, good pension. 50% Staff discount if a hobbyist. Subsidised restaurant with excellent food from full English to steaks and salads.

Pros

Great food and people

I wish to work again

From me it was a unique experience and I regret that I'm not working anymore... They were a fantastic team and management and I used to love the place... If I would have the chance I would go back to work in that cool company! Respect Games Workshop!

If you're good at talking you can do this. You dont even need vast knowledge of the company as you will learn quickly. Regular customers. Sense of community. Support from colleagues and higher ups.

Productive and good place

Good place to work, mosty departaments have one shift , they giving a lot of trainings for the work with specyfics machines , all breaks are paid, nice atmosphere at work

Amazing

Great company to work for good opportunities and great pay and good rewards and overtime availability best place someone could work at with busy work but rewarding work

Flexible hours, good ethos, caring overall. However, some of the veterans go to seconded roles and really do not have to interview if they decide to stay in that role.

Only if you like Warhammer

It's either 10000mph or zero. A lot of stopping and starting and they create shift patterns that last several months then expect you to change to fit them when the shift pattern doesn't work out as they've not prepared for it correctly as a business before hiring people. Use vast amounts of agency staff but never take any of them on whole externally advertising for the jobs the agency staff are doing.

Not recommended unless you really need a 50% discount on overpriced plastic toy soldiers

Advancement here does not depend on how well you do your job as much as how pally you are with senior managers. Department managers often have literally no previous experience in their area, and rely on the teams to make improvements, then take the credit. If your face doesnt fit you wont go far here. You'll do ok if you can talk a good job In endless meetings about meetings

Losing it's core culture

Games Workshop has been an amazing place to work for many years. Unfortunately now it's growth is beginning to stifle the culture and atmosphere that made it a great workplace. Staff are being pushed too hard and the turnover of staff in key areas is beginning to reflect this.

Pros

some good benefits

Cons

over worked

fun place with good bennfits but poor pay

Was great place to work but pay is low. If poorly managed can mean you end up working silly hours and often alone. My experience wasn't great with the management. had that been different I would probably still be there

Pros

fun job, good bennfits

Cons

poor managment, low pay

Fun place to work, great teams to be apart of.

Retail sales role in a busy environment. Dealing with customers on a daily basis showing and explaining how products work. Really fun and energetic job t be in.

Excellent Benefits

It has been a while since I have worked for the company but I must say that the benefits were superb especially if you were a fan of the products tht they produced.

good place to work

good place to work ,lots of positions available , very happy with my time there just needed more sociable hours for family life . would definitely recomend

joiner

This place was and still is the best place i have worked the staff was amazing my manager was awesome the only reason i left was because i couldn't live on the salary that i was on.

Pros

good people

Cons

money or lack of

Productive and Educational.

A typical day at Games Workshop requires you to be alert to every opportunity to interact with customers and to make use of conversations to show them what the Warhammer hobby is. Recruitment is the focus and you are followed based on how much recruitment you are doing (Selling core starter sets for example). It is a very educational work placement to have and I learnt a great deal during the three years I have worked for the company. I have learnt about customer interactions, the skills required to run a store smoothly, the skills to promote and run in store events to name just a few. Help and support is always available to those who need it from higher up and store managers will usual be happy to help.

your hobby was your job

this was a great please to work , your hobby was your job and the people all wanted it to do well and invested in making the business a fun place to work. staff and customers all enjoying the hobby and a great environment to work with like minded people

Interesting place to work

A typical day involves working with customer who actively seek the store and have an active interest. Something helped by having your own interest in the product as well. I've learned a lot about maintaining a store and building a sustainable community. From my role as a relief worker I didn't engage often with the company's management above my own manager. Same goes for the wider culture of the company beyond my store.

Fun workplace

The typical day was a alot of talking about a hobby i love. I learned sales techniques and management skills, as well as self motivation due to it's one man store setup

Waste of time and effort

Kept applying for managers jobs only to be told I wasn't experience enough, only to see the job go to clowns with equal lack of experience but ability to follow orders like a trained dog.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Games Workshop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Games Workshop with

• Games Workshop
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?