Ganymede Solutions Ltd

Working at Ganymede Solutions Ltd: Latest Ganymede Solutions Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

Not a career driven workplace

Worked at one of their sites for 5 months. We got shown the basics and was left to fend for ourselves. Management don’t care about your mental health or lives outside of the workplace they expect you to put them over family issues (if they arise) and if you don’t you could/will be disciplined.No one lasts more than a week the turn around for staff is mad high! If you do make friends good for you it will make the job less tedious. Watch out for a particular manager he’s rascist. Trust no one! One minute you’re having a laugh enjoying the job the next you’re out the door for something miner.

Organisation a shambles

The pay is terrible for a skilled job with anti social hours. You are expected to work whenever they decide and last minute. If you refuse you are back at the bottom of the queue. Time off is frowned upon even though it is zero hour contract. No stability with when or were you will work and mo travel time

Insights into Ganymede Solutions Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Worst Rail Company Ever

Hourly rate is lowest I've seen out of all contractors. The management treat you like clueless idiots and expect you to give up your life and spend all your time at work. No pay increase for bank holiday shifts either. When I asked to leave they made it incredibly difficult just to be spiteful. The work they have is the worst rail jobs out there. Get benched if you want to work for a sub sponsor for more money.

Decent place to work

Ganymede solutions is a decent employment agency, however salary should be higher to make up for not receiving the same benefits as direct labour. Management are ok.

Awful company

Ganymede is fraud toying on people looking for job in rail sector. They receive thousands of pounds on each jobseeker from Government to train them and will sugarcoats you about getting jobs but it’s all lies you won’t get any job from them after training. It’s also difficult to get rail jobs from other companies as Ganymede is your “first sponsor” which means you must work with Ganymede first for experience in order to move to other company. At the end your sentinel card will be cancelled, that means nearly 3 months of training gone down the drain. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Pros

Colleagues are good

producktive

sometimes long distance driving is involved,which can be stressful and tiring,can be rewarding at times,when your with the rite gang of lads you work with it make life alot eisier and sometimes fun with all the bannter

Pros

free overnitght hotel

Happy

Great culture everyone gets alone Can be stressful but recruitment is Everyone helps everyone Great training structure from day one - very organised Motivating managers

Not great

Rubbish if your just starting on railway you get treated like dirt and discriminated because your new. Shifts change at a moment's notice when you raise your concerns you get de-sponsored.

Excellent service

Always answer any questions that I ask, working as a contractor is flexible the hours are there if needed, if training is required they provide the necessary training for you.

Hard working and unsocial hours.

The role was enjoyable from a social perspective, however the work was heavy going, demanding and fast paced. Unsocial working hours and weekend work made this job less enjoyable.

Very fun and productive as i love hands on work so learnt a lot

The colleagues I worked with were very friendly and straightforward therefore made working with them enjoyable. Also I loved the hands on part of the job I learned to use tools and equipment I never imagined of using it's such an incredible job

Pros

Fun and hands on

Cons

Long travel unpaid

lack of commnunication

work is sparse and infrequent lack of communication to workers cannot contact work office its there policy not to give out the office phone number …//

Agency work

Typical agency work on 0 hour contracts so working when work available some training given if needed and a benefit to them but basic coarses needed to get on

Pros

Cons

0 hour contracts

Productive place to work

Meet new people from all avenues of life whilst working in different locations and being able to gain experience and skills for my future career. As long as you make time for the hours to work they will give you work. Good pay rate aswell.

No communication no respect for home work balance

Whilst working for this company I took holiday and they did not remember I had booked. They push you to the limit with your hours They don't call you back They swap you around whenever it suits

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

You are just a number

Great people to work with

Ganymede is a good first company to work for, however not much work is given and the pay isn't that great for the job given. Good people to work with and good if you are looking to pick up new skills

Great workplace, don't advise as management ruin this company e.g. Steve Gardner and Justin

The work is great and plenty of it on occasions. But like many many more people who have worked for this company they will tell you, you might aswell work for free as the management e.g. Steve Gardner and Justin have no place in an office, I would never get payed, I had to use my own fuel money and never got it back after countless excuses, and work corruption is high on their agenda as long as their getting their wages and cash. Never work for the South Wales branch unless your a mug. How these guys still got a job says it all about this company. I don't advise unless you want to work for free.

Pros

Good work and and good boys on the work site

Cons

Steve Gardner and his countless excuses to many poor boys who work their socks off to not get payed.

productive and enjoyable

you get the freedom to do the work that it should be competed in your own time and in a responsible manner. The hardest part of the job is the travelling distance to the workplace.

Pros

not the hardest of jobs.

Cons

out of the house for long hours

ganymede

I enjoy working for Ganymede the money is great I meet loads of people I ejoy working with balfour beauty and network rail.

Pros

money

Cons

travel

Great experience

It was a great environment to work in, and the pay could be great. But the job security was terrible and work dropped off regular. Social life? None if you wanted to work... but pays well.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

unstable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ganymede Solutions Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement