gap personnel

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Boring

Poor Management , different supervisors have different rule. Machine stuck 75%of time. Take half day to solve a simple problem. I would die if I were the boss coming down to see the true operation. Gap promise temp to perm after three months but coworkers get hired directly from Gousto.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Unfair because some ppl disappear or idling around while others are working hard.

poor communication

Quick to take you on but quicker to let you go. after 15 months on one site they informed me on a friday evening i was no longer needed and they would help me get back into work on another site but failed to do this and stopped communications. hard to find out how many holidays etc you are owed & wages missing hours alot.

A great place to find decent work at a competitive salary

I arrived in the UK 5 days before finding work because someone recommended Gap Personnel to me. They placed me into 2 different businesses, and ensured that I had everything I needed to do well. They are friendly and available to help if needed, and they look after their temp agents. They placed me into a warehouse operative role, and the pay was great for the time I was there.

Productive workplace

Generally friendly workplace with long hours of work. However, breaks were unpaid and there was a lot of focus on meeting targets which meant that there was a lot of rushing around the waehouse.

Pros

Simple work

Good place

No problem every day same.Canteen.Good job kurwa no weekends lot overtime gift for Christmas.job work 3 breaks car park.uniform free drinks.security......

Care and very kind attitude

Great team, daily work, enough breaks, kind attitude from the management team, free tea, coffee, chocolate ! People are intelligent and communicate,smiling and funny.

Pros

nice staff

Cons

no cons at the moment

No communication

I had a phone call after my 12 weeks to say that their client has said that work was slow so I wasn't needed for a week or two, after absolutely no communication and many unanswered emails I had to find another job elsewhere. I honestly can't believe how poorly treated I was. Avoid this agency, especially if you have bills to pay!!!

Pros

Free steel toecap boots

Cons

Being treated worse than a dog. No help or communication.

Have alternatives else you will not get shifts and go hungry.

Working with Gap initially was okay as one was provided regular shifts and as time progressed the shifts became scare yet they kept on recruiting..most old staff were no longer given shifts and you would have to keep sending messages to the manager to request for shifts. If he liked he would respond and if he didn't, I wouldn't respond.

Pros

Fairly okay competitive industry rate

Cons

Most times breaks are not paid for.

Great team, great management

Positive senior management, always ready to help you in any way they can. Stressful job made easier with a Manager who knows what he’s talking about and willing to do the grunt work to get the job done. Used to be a family company but since leaving that structure, it kept the ethos.

Pros

Teamwork, salary, can do attitude

Cons

Even when things are bad, they won’t back out

Not worth the hassle

your rate of pay changes weekly depending on what days your shift falls on so you need to manage your finance in anticipation,most people dont want to work there as management treat you bad and we only stay in the job as we are loyal to our work mates, high turnover of staff weekly!benefit of the job is weekly pay and the 4on4off

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

managers, work expectations

terrible

Got to my first shift after being given the job the day before, upon arrival got told to go home after a 30-40 minute wait because they hired too many people. Just unprofessional .

good employer

A company that constantly evolves and adapts to the everchanging labour market challenges. Training and further career progression of employees is praised and sought instead of just hiring new staff. They strive for quality of services even at the expense of marginal results. Fast career progression is achievable for the ambitious and steady job roles are always available for the "work- life balance" seekers. An all rounder employer. Kind people and good office culture.

Pros

benefit system

Cons

extra hours

Worse Agency I’ve ever worked for !

I did the induction, and I started in the same week. I had poor training, I was told the wrong stuff. I was expected to know everything after one week. It was a fast-paced environment and too much pressure. I felt sick and I got sent home. They provided extra training for some people on the same night I went home. Somebody from gap personnel rang me the next day and said my ‘contract has been cancelled’. I was disappointed so I tried to speak to the supervisor and I wasn't allowed. They didn't do anything about it

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Long induction, poor training and too much pressure

Would definitely Recommend

Great staff, proactive in communication at all times and always followed through with promises. Absolutely brilliant, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! 😊

Pros

Great communication

Cons

Role dependent

Regatta Ellesmere Port

The management are workplace fascists. Embarrassing really. Plenty of snakes and grasses in there too. Pathetic. There are some nice people who work there but some very silly ones too.

Pros

Nice workers

Cons

Terrible management

A decent work place

It s a decent work place, I was hired fast after interview. I found always support to solve my problems. But I didn t get many times enough hours, I work 6 hours daily. Otherwise it was a good environment, no pressure and friendly colleagues.

Pros

Supporting staff

Cons

Not enough work hours, one hour break unpaid.

Not a bad place to work

Paid every week on time, quite professional Administrator/Manager always available with a good response to queries and questions No problems so recommend

Pros

Everyone gets on

Cons

None if your prepared to graft

Enjoyed temp placement....but

I was hired to do a couple of weeks admin for a company through Gap. Enjoyed the job. Wage was good. About a month or two after my contract finished I received a phone call from someone at gap accussing me of obtaining money from gap.I think they said I was over paid £500. I offered to show them my bank statement to prove that I hadn't received the said amount. The person got disgruntled and ended the call.

Pros

Was given I good work placement.

Cons

Check wages.

Rude staff

Ignored my emails for 2 weeks until I persistently emailed them everyday for a week, then told me my other emails were ‘unnecessary’ when all I wanted to know was if there was any work going in my area as I like to be on the move, wouldn’t recommend to anyone was there for 2 weeks

Stressful

Where I worked for gap they would reduce your hours if you refused overtime or if they felt like you wasn’t working hard enough but free uniform but not a very hygienic site they put me on

Pros

Cons

Stress

highly disorganised

When i signed up for gap personnel as a HCA i expected hassle free process as i had sent all documents and training up to date and everything they had asked for. i received various phone calls asking for more documentation and that they had not received my documents when i explained i did send them and the person managed to find them. i then received emails asking for further documents but really strange requests documents that a normal workplace does not need to see, the company was highly disorganised and it took them some time to process a simple passport for ID this took them a week before they sent me an email again asking for more proof of address they already had 4. the whole process was around 4 weeks before they even sent off for my references so if your hoping to start with this company within a week it will definitely not happen, they didn't really know what they where doing and wanted to share my personal data without my permission this data was protected and no body but the company had the right to know this information. all in all it was a pretty stressful process and i hope that they can amend the process to make it less disorganised. I did not want to continue with my application process as the signs where already clear i wasn't going to be happy working for gap personnel.

Cons

not very well lead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at gap personnel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare gap personnel with

• gap personnel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?