Gap

Gap Employee Reviews

Friendly staff that make working in retail fun and exciting. Able to learn new things everyday and gain new knowledge. Every day is different and challenging but team work makes it less stressful.
This was a GAP YEARnot intended as a job description but to explain the gap of work experience. I travelled and did some home reno throughout this period
Cons
Horrible management, horrible coworkers and really awful and entitled customers. Overall the worst place I’ve ever worked. I also got over taxed the whole time I was there and they did nothing to change it even after raising concerns multiple times.
Cons
If you are looking for a part time job then it’s the job for you. The managers are amazing and easy to talk to. Honestly the best team to work with. The team are so nice and it’s so easy to make friends for life working there
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
Isn’t any cons
This was my first job and I know I’m lucky as I’ve heard some horrible stories about other places, I wake up each day wanting to go to work (even when I’m off). The team is a great and full of amazing people, the only down side are the customers but no where is perfect.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Customers
My first job and I’ll never forget it, there were ups and downs but overall I had such an amazing time, I even miss it sometimes. Met such wonderful people.
Working a sector all day on your own with zero support is not fun. Especially when it's so busy that you never get your section tidy because it's too much to tidy alone. Just a bad experience for me personally and would never consider working there again.
A fast paced job, with career potential for people with a strong work ethic.Respecting staff & valuing their work and commitment. One of the best companies in my opinion to work for.From the top tier downwards a strong leadership with good values
Pros
Product discount.Job perks, management perks, feeling valued .
Cons
Very Fast paced
Very busy environment and very fas paced at most of the time. Not great on secure working patern and slow release of working rota. Good staff discount. High staff turn over.
Pros
Good location
Cons
short shifts
I was bullied by my manager and HR didn’t support me one bit. They tried to see me as the problem and took his side so I dropped the investigation and quit.
Pros
Cons
Bullying management
I worked at Gap for only a year but it was one of the nicest teams I've worked with. Everyone being of different age ranges made it more enjoyable and a more progressive environment. Staff got along and a standard day on the shop floor was pretty relaxed and easy going. Organising sizes and making the floor presentable. Management could be better, but I think they did the best they could for a company that isn't what it was in the 90s.
Pros
50% off, good work hours
Cons
no free uniform
Retail wasn’t for me however gap wasn’t too bad. The team I worked with was so lovely, I enjoyed doing the deliveries more than working on the shop floor.
Pros
Team work
Cons
N/a
Primarily the company doesn't pay that well. Working 40h/week gives you a bare minimum to survive in London, although outside of London could be more than enough since its same pay, not sure why. You do have a 50% off full price which is nice, but only 10% off sale seems ridiculous since customers get sometimes 30% off. Management is hit or miss. They might be the most amazing management you've seen, or could be the worst.
Pros
Staff is generally nice
Cons
Poor pay
I work for gap about 2 years, i learn how to use the tills and how to treat customers in the shops i always helped my customers with sizes colours and fashion. I always kept the shop floor and the back room neat and size order so the customers on shop floor it was easy for them to get their sizes.
A busy but well managed workload with friendly and knowledgeable work mates. A good chance to improve your skills and learn new ones, plus good opportunities for job progression and promotion.
I enjoyed working for GAP, it was a fun and productive environment and was kept that way by the managers, we were encouraged by sweet incentives and constantly on the move.
To get job in gap you have to be lucky send them emails and phone then every day and ask about any job and then maybe you wil get one or two days a week. Sometimes you can have more days in work per week. Hard to find good job with gap and if you say no then you not get anything for weeks
Well payed and enjoyable workplace. Opportunities to develop and progress within the workplace. Good holiday pay entitlement provided. Fast- paced organisation
It’s a very good experience to work for and the staff are very welcoming and kind.I like to help people a lot for what they are looking for which improves my customer service.
No bad working hours management is not thats so bad never have any issue with them, money are good but can be better. People are the same ok. It was good job
During my time in London working for Gap i had great team and managers who helped my career within the Fashion scene .I had stockroom Leadership experience before i started at Gap and kept the shop floor filled at all times .
  1. Employee reviews