Garolla Garage Doors

Garolla Garage Doors Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom15 reviews

Busy but Relaxed Environment

I joined Garolla, in March of this year. The job within itself is very straightforward, although it can be quite challenging at times. Some days are busier than others, but that’s the fun part about the job. No 2 days are ever the same.Since being a part of Garolla, I’ve made excellent friendships with colleagues, which makes the day go by that little bit faster! Management are friendly, and always happy to help, and are understanding with any isssues that you may be facing, in and out of working hours. The pay is standard, and there’s very limited ways to progress in the company but it’s a place where you enjoy coming to work, which makes up for it! Overall, I enjoy my job at Garolla, and enjoy being a part of a company that is growing at a fast pace!

Friendly, fast-paced work environment

I really enjoy my job working for Garolla. The people are so friendly, there's always someone making a cup of tea! The office has a calm vibe, the teams are efficient and there is always something interesting to learn. I love listening to the French team and they have even been so kind to teach me a few words! I love that in my job as a media buyer everyday feels different, there is always someone knew to speak to over the phone or via email. The work is challenging, fun and constant (which I love)

Insights into Garolla Garage Doors

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Challenging, fun and really productive.

Been given opportunity to get experience in the field of IT based on my education not what I have previously done. Been trained well and learned a lot over couple of months.Management is friendly and helpful they make you feel valued and I feel like I am part of the team.Most enjoyable part of the job is to help people around me and carry on to develop myself to become better at what I'm doing to help company grow.I honestly believe that Garolla is great place to work and there are opportunities to develop and grow within the business.

Inclusive, Fun and Relaxed Place To Work

Garolla, is an excellent place to work whether you know the career path you want to follow, but also they give people a chance to gain experience in a role that they have not previously done.The salary while not being astronomical is a good rate, along side the flexible start times and in some cases remote working and a Monday to Friday work week makes for a good work life balance.In my role as the Facilities, Compliance and IT Manager, my work load is varied which keeps it fresh and enjoyable and this is same for other roles here at Garolla. The senior management team are here to guide anyone who needs advice, assistance or help, this is not just in a work aspect but also where needed in a personal aspect too. If you want training or to do a course they are more than willing to create funding and time for you to carry this out for example I am now IOSH certified. Overall Garolla rewards hard work and it is easy to work hard here.

Pros

Flexible Starts, Weekends Off, and Varied Workload

Cons

can be sometimes reactive vs proactive

Repetitive - Demoralising - Undervalued

Worked there for 4.5 years - felt just as valued as someone who had walked through door just 2 weeks ago. A clear divide between upper management and everyone below them - no effort to have an understanding for the job roles of the people beneath them whatsoever. Constantly felt drained due to the excessive hours you have to work to be able to earn a moderate income. Often working 60+ hours within a week, again with the no thanks or appreciation for it. A lot of talking behind backs is done within all departments and at all levels. Secrecy is key.As a team leader I earned 50p per hour more than the people I was in charge of - ridiculous. Minimum wage + 50p supported by an unrealistic expectation to work a silly amount of hours just to earn a reasonable income results in very high amount of stress.It took me leaving to join a company that actually values their staff and pay me what I am worth to recognise I have wasted over 4 years of my life at a company that had no interest in my personal development.The only positive to the job for me was the people I worked with. The sales manager, sales team leaders and members of sales team were all pleasant people on a personal level and helped the day go by.

Pros

Potential to earn well if willing to sell your soul

Cons

Long hours, deceit, negative atmosphere, nothing ever good enough

Engaging place where everyone is willing to listen

I have been working at Garolla for around 9 month. The company treats everyone fairly and i have been made to feel valued throughout my time with Garolla. I have been given opportunities to share my thoughts and ideas I have recently been given the chance to grow within the business. I truly feel part of a thriving team.

Pros

Free parking/Great opportunities if you want them

Cons

I don’t see any, this opportunity was made for me.

A word of warning

I worked here for around 6 months last year. In that time, I was shifted around 3 different departments, told I was replaceable by a member of senior management, and otherwise felt very isolated by them.The pay is also very low, their holidays are the absolute minimum they can get away with, and there are a lack of breakroom facilities and benefits.I enjoyed the time with my colleagues and there is a good food truck, but otherwise I did not enjoy my time at Garolla.

Pros

Colleagues, free parking, food truck

Cons

Hostile senior management, lack of benefits and facilities, low pay

Does what it says in the tin

Garolla is a growing business with opportunity to grow your career. If you do a good job pay rises are rewarded. The facilities are a little basic but this is more that made up for with nice people.The work life balance is good, easy parking is available and I have a good boss.

Productive and a fun work place

I am currently an employee at Garolla and I don't have any complaints about it. The amount of skills I have learned since I have been here is incredible. The management are always to happy to help with any issues. The most rewarding part of the job is the opportunity to earn good commission with hard work.

Out-dated and mismanaged

Typical day at work consists of sitting/working at your desk or walking outside. There is no formal option to work remotely however if you are sick/ill the option might be available pending approval. There isn't an adequate break/lunch area, the lunch area mentioned consists of a small 4 seated table in the corner of the warehouse which no one uses regularly. Some days in the year are so cold you have to choice but to eat lunch outside or at your desk (with a coat on) within the workspace. The company is situated in a business park with no outdoor seating area, sometimes lunch on the grass or the nearest retail restaurant was an option.If you're looking to progress your career and learn / improve upon your skills you would be better off learning from a free YouTube course which speaks to the leadership of the department. There is no mention of, nor is there a program in place to ensure progression (e.g., pay or skill set) within the role; it is very much self-led when possible. As the career progression is relatively static, the day to day tasks become monotonous and repetitive over time. Speaking of career progression, the company did 3-month appraisals where the work done for the previous 3 months was in fact given feedback (both good and constructive) which was good however the mention of career progression were empty promises and were never brought up again.The most enjoyable part of the job was the few friends that were made; they ended up leaving shortly after I did.The least enjoyable part of the job? Including the above paragraphs, the pay for the marketing role -

Would not recommend

I want to stress that my immediate manager (Head of Marketing) was great, but the overall senior management really let the company down.You get the minimum salary they're willing to part with (everyone is paid differently for the same job), minimum holidays (the 28 days include the bank holidays, as well as 3 compulsory days over Christmas, so this year you'd only have 16 days to have off when you actually want them), no break room (eat at your desk or in your car, or in the freezing cold warehouse that has a single table next to the toilets), no benefits (no health cover, no work partnership schemes, no paid overtime).Directors and top senior management create a hostile environment, you get called "replaceable", and the only time you hear from them as a regular employee is if they're unhappy with you. They also adamantly refuse to allow you to WFH even though it is absolutely doable and efficient. I was denied WFH when the gov ordered it last December and not offered a reason why (even though I live with a vulnerable person).It's such a shame because my marketing manager and colleagues were great, the work-life balance is nice, and the job itself was interesting. But I cannot agree with the stinginess in salaries, lack of clear career progression, the hostile senior management and the lack of benefits.

Pros

Nice colleagues, easy day to day

Cons

No benefits, poor salary, poor senior management, poor facilities

Friendly and welcoming place to work

I am enjoying working at Garolla, my work colleagues are helpful and friendly. Training is gradual and progressive.I found the whole experience from application to starting training to be effective ordered and seemless.

Pros

Good location, friendly staff, good hours and bank holidays

An easy company to fit into and progress

Only been at garolla for around 18 weeks but in that time I have progressed into getting wage rises and bonuses through putting out recommended daily amount of doors. Bonuses of around £10 per door every extra door you build after recommended daily amount. All in all a good friendly very active place to work.

Pros

Three breaks a day and the time flies by

Cons

Can be cold working with metal all day

Evolving & Growing Business

Good company to work for. Currently going through a huge growth that brings exciting challenges and prospects.All the staff are friendly and welcoming. Management make a real effort to make sure you are at ease when you first start.

Terrible

Terrible place to work dangerous cold and dirty. Upper management don't care about H&S it's all about getting numbers out the door! Product is also dangerous. There's a serious accident just waiting to happen

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garolla Garage Doors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement