Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Difficult to fit in and ask for help

Expect high standards but offer little time or support to achieve and learn. Patient care and ward staff are excellent but the management culture is judgemental and click. Outsiders are not part of tgd gang so are isolated and mocked.ideasideas are mocked as it has always been dine the old way. ate a threat and treated

Pros

Care from ED and ward staff is excellent...they work hard and care.

Cons

Dislike of new innivatiin and outsiders

Ok at best

I was based at Darlington Memorial Hospital and the management their is a shocking, if you are not in the little golden group then they really don't care much about you. They lost my paper work twice which had valuable information on it. Nothing gets done unless you keep going on about it to them.

Nice place to work. Very friendly and plenty of learning opportunities

I have been within the trust for 22 years 14 of them being a care assistant and the rest training and qualified the unit I work in is very challenging but is enjoyable.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Management not so good

Worst deal for lab staff

This job is the same as other trusts in the area (Northumbria, Newcastle, Durham, Tees etc) but with a worse shift pattern, worse computer system, worse work/life balance, and worse management. Quite often I was expected to do things without training or instruction other than "follow the SOP" which hadn't been proof read, spell checked or updated in years. There is a clear difference in rules for management and everyone else. This place is an accident waiting to happen. Avoid.

Pros

Automatic progression to hugger hands when qualified

Cons

Bad shift patterns, poor management

Interesting

Working on computers, inputting of data, varying requirements which meant very rarely were two days the same. A very interesting and at times challenging position.

Pros

Flexi working

Cons

Old fashioned

big thumbs up

10/10 The doctors, nurses, etc were all wonderful. Shame everyone's underpaid. I, for example, was being paid <£500 a month but that was because I was an apprentice.

worse job ever!!

I was given unrealistic deadlines, not shown how to complete new tasks. My manager doesn't have a clue how to follow policies, if anything goes wrong they the blame onto someone else, when I tried to alert HR to problems they didn't have a clue how to deal with employees either. the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving it, I won't recommend anyone work for them!!

Pros

was offered to study while working

Cons

Bad management

Jobs at Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust