Gather & Gather logo
Gather & Gather

Gather & Gather Employee Reviews

Free lunch. On line discounts

Very poor senior management. No clear communication or long term strategy. Play the blame game very well. You are looked after if you are liked. False promises are made.

Cons

Confused messages from senior management. No consistancy

Bullies

Being a former chef at sky 2 Livingston, I had to leave my job due to bullying from managers and head chef. Once I put a serious allegations in about this and other things I was immediately put on garden leave to stop me from saying much more of the things going on with in the building, would not recommend working here absolute shambles and you have to watch your back constantly

Great culture and opportunities

I've worked for Gather & Gather for 6 years and have so far had a brilliant career with them. Great opportunities, lovely people and a real sense of teamwork.

Pros

Career opportunities and lovely people

Disorganised Chaos

Really surprised a business like this has survived the pandemic so far. The senior managers are pretty much useless and lazy and don't even know our names. My manager is good, but makes excuses when most of the team havent had contracts for over a year. No one really trusts this company and we all work alot harder than necessary. They have lost peoples personal details, paid people furlough when they shouldn't of and the head office team are pretty much lazy. I can see why people leave this business.

Pros

Staff get on well most times with each other other.

Cons

Head office, no free food, no discount lots of bosses

Avoid This Place Please.

Worst company around. They couldn't organise a .....up in a brewery. Bad culture and managers don't have a clue what they are doing. Company will hopefully go bankrupt

Pros

Home time

Cons

Hours, managers and the food

Fun, easy-going, calming work enviroment

Primark Edinburgh Site-BY FAR, THE BEST job I have ever had, from start to finish I have had a very pleasant experience, unfortunately due to Covid, our site was closed, that is the only reason I am no longer working for the company, but the way the situation was handled was fantastic, Management in constant touch to update us of any new information, grants etc. The actual work environment is just wonderful, Management are understanding, helpful, hard working, but still leave room for some banter, an easy-going, relaxed place to work and I am gutted to no longer work there. Pay is also good for the job you carry out - or I think so. You also gain some hospitality related qualifications which are completed during working hours. Flexible to suit employees commitments such as children or education.

Pros

Free lunch, staff discount, and free hot drinks during shift (how it was at my branch, unsure of others)

Cons

Primark site sometimes got pretty quiet

Don't work for them

A really great job to start then management was rubbish. Shift patterns not shared. Manager problem with confidentiality, avoid this company like the plague.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Confidential leaked

Wages were never correct

Poorly managed, wages were never correct, management blamed payroll when they are infact at fault! Can't speak to them about anything on the defence all the time.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

Disappointed

Taken on in the November, Furloughed in March (covid 19) made redundant a week later. Area Managers wife taken on at same time, not in same job role but I wasn't given the option to downgrade or go part time.

Cons

Management Style

Until being made redundant due to COVID I can honestly say it was the best job I have worked at for many years. Staff and management were laid back, and always open to either talk to about problems or suggestions. Team colleagues felt more like family, cliche but true. Unfortunately, as mentioned, covid as ripped out a very well balanced team. Can't speak highly enough

Pros

Work life. Overtime pay. Good team to work with. Nice working environment

Jobs at Gather & Gather

See more jobs

Covid

Got made redundant because the client was scared of COVID and wanted to save money on premises G&G were generally good to work for, the client however were difficult

Pros

Hours of work

Cons

Catering in general under CV-19

Work/life balance is great.

Management and higher ups don’t really see what it’s like at the bottom do they...no real reward for working in this kind of company and your efforts count for nothing. It changes all the time and I can’t say it’s for the better unfortunately. Nothing good or special here. It’s a job with a decent salary at the bottom and good hours. That’s it.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Poor communication. Non helpful staff. No acknowledgement for your consistent efforts

Another company who looks after those they like

The manager allowed a sous.chef who he went out with outside of work to do what she liked.She sat with her filthy kitchen boots cross legged on the side were food gets prepared and he never said a word. But would constantly be down my throat for working my hardest.

Pros

Easy work, manage yourself

Cons

Very clicky, manager looks after his friends and expects everybody else to pick uo the load

Fast paced and sometimes hectic

I worked with Gather&Gather at their Sky location on and the whole it was a good experience. My team mates were lovely and we all got along. Downside was some days when absolutely swamped and not enough people to go around. This was however balanced with very quiet days as well.

Pros

Lunch allowance

Cons

out of the way location

Beware

Poor and aggressive management Tried to cover health and safety issues at site by intimidation Offered you come in late but clock in at usual time to trap you

Pros

Co workers

Avoid this company

Worst company ever please avoid at all costs management are complete wasters and only interested in gp margins Wirking conditions are shocking and only a matter of time when a major health problems arise

Fast-paced environment

It is a deli centralised at the university, thus rapid execution of tasks must be handled accordingly to customer demands and restock updated every hour.

Don't work for them

24 years as a chef and I've never worked for such a bad company, this is what is bad about this trade now company's like this, they buy contracts reduce the staff then sell the contract

good work place

Working with them has been very rewarding. they take good care of their staff although they should take care of the organisation of space and time. But i'm happy with the workers and manager.

Cool opportunities

Big contract catering company, different varieties of job roles available, fast growing if is what you wish. Good environment for Food & drinks lovers.

Not well managed

I worked for them for 2 and half years was an annoying job as the manager would watch you struggle when short staffed and was a gossip. He was not afraid of confronting the female staff but the men no chance. Head office were very hard to communicate with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gather & Gather. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4