Gather & Gather

Gather & Gather Employee Reviews

United Kingdom95 reviews

foodrolefreelunchmanagerstaffbadshift

Poor management

Unprofessional managers with no people skills. Often staff feel bullied or spoken to with no respect. Awful work environment to be apart of and concerns not heard or taken into account to improve one's wellbeing.

Unfair pay

Unequal pay. £3000 per anum difference for same jobCertain people are favoured unfairly.Confidentiality is non existentManagement are atrocious. The higher up they are, the less they care.No incentives at all to work hard. Staff are treated like disposables.Regularly get paid less than worked and sometimes not even on time!Overworked and underpaid.AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Pros

Cons

Unfair pay

22 November 2022
Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear of your experience with us, we urge you to get in touch with us at people@chandcogroup. com so we can discuss and investigate this further for you.

Insights into Gather & Gather

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things

Positive

Amazing work atmosphere with helpful people. Great teamwork and fun at the same time.Supportive management and a lot of training about the coffee and health and safety requirement.

Pros

Free lunches and free coffee, convenient location

22 November 2022
Thank you for your review- we are happy, you are happy :) Best wishes, The People Team

Good company to start

Gather and gather it’s a good company to start you career in hospitality but there is no progression or benefits, I don’t think they pay enough for baristas, it’s always short staffed and they expect you to work all the weekends.

Pros

Free meal, good management

Cons

Not enough staff, no benefits

22 November 2022
Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you haven't heard of our #GrowWithUs Learning and Development programmes which provides all of our people with many opportunities to learn and grow your skills and knowledge - it can be accessed on Yapster or UnLock. We also have recently launched our Barista Academies! Please do also get in touch with the People & Development team who can assist you in developing you own a 'Bespoke to You' development pathway! people@chandcogroup.com

Bullies

You will always get made to feel like you are not good enough when working here, there's always something that you are doing wrong. Rules change every 5 minutes and you don't get informed of these changes. Management and supervisors are bullies.People are too worried about leaving early and coming in later. You will always get threats of an ROD. You will not get a peaceful day off you will alwyas get messages on group chats on what you done wrong.You will always feel like your job is on the line

Pros

Free lunch

22 November 2022
Thank you for your review, we are sad to hear that you aren't enjoying working with us. We urge you to get in touch with us at people@chandocogroup.com so that we can address and investigate this for you. Our aim is to always improve for our people.

Terrible company, don't even bother with them

Don't waste your time with this company, they don't care about you whatsoever, I worked just about every minute I could have done including unsociable hours, never allowed to eat, lucky if I could sneak a smoke break though I'd normally have to make an excuse like taking the rubbish out, also having half an hour pay docked everyday for the break I never got, good luck if you want a job here

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Everything else

Great company

Great company and amazing culture. Very relaxed approach to do business. Focus on great people and great food is refreshing. Def one of the best companies I’ve worked for.

Nice company

The company is fairly good. They provide free brunch of lunch. The coffee they are serving id pretty good. Customers can be pain. Some in-house locations are challenging.

Pros

Free brunch or lunch

Cons

Demanding customers

14 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are happy you are happy :)

Watch your back

As quoted by a previous employee I fully agree 'Overall a great place to work but you get zero support from your management and the more you do the more they push on you until your at a point where you can no longer competently do your job.' Management look after themselves at a cost to yourself. Holidays and thank you gifts from the company are offered then taken off you with an apology.. As long as the management are looked after anyone under them need to be careful you are all but a number after all.

17 May 2022
Thank you for your review. In regards to your feedback on management please do get in touch with us people.information@chandcogroup.com We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture & are always looking for ways to improve & enhance this.

Casual and fast paced workplace

Casual staff at gather and gather is great - can work whenever I want and have no obligation to pick up any shifts which is perfect as a uni student. The staff are great and there's loads of different types of shifts that you can pick up e.g. kiosks, kitchen porters, bar work. There was no interview, just send off your CV and attend an induction where they tell you everything you need to know. Good pay and free food on most shifts.

Pros

Work whenever you want, good pay.

Cons

No obligation to give you work - can go a couple of weeks without shifts.

26 April 2022
Thank you for your review, we are happy you are happy :) We are working on making it easier to pick up more shifts in the business casually across all of our sites which will provide more regular shifts for those who want them.

Laid back place to work

Working in the football stadiums Kiosk is very laid back- team leaders always kind and supportive if you are not too sure about your role. Very social place to work, after working there for a while you will recognise many people as you are constantly working with new people you don't know.

Pros

If there is any food left at the end of the shift you are able to have it.

Cons

Shifts can be denied quite often without reason

26 April 2022
Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear you are enjoying working with us. In regard to shifts being denied please do get in touch with us at people.information@chandcogroup.com so we can discuss this further with you

Bad place to work

The company is very badly managed. They care more about money then the staff. You are not listened to or respected and you are often over worked. Many of the staff are allowed to turn up late or cancel shifts last minute. Those who don't do this are constantly stuck with picking up the pieces. I would not recommend this job, especially as a team leader.

23 March 2022
We are constantly trying to enhance & improve everything for our team, we would love for you to get in touch with us at people.information@chandcogroup.com

Bad management

Staff are lovely, but could not work with the manager unapproachable, rude , lucky if u get a 5 minute break , good luck to the next person that work here .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad management

23 March 2022
We would love to address the issues you have raised with management- please do get in touch so we can discuss this further with you people.information@chandcogroup.com

Management are all egomaniacs who don't care for the welfare of staff.

Wouldn't recommend anybody to work for these clowns..manager was a total tosser..do not ever be fooled into taking a job with these people they will drag you down to depths you don't deserve

Pros

Cons

Leaving this company

23 March 2022
We are sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed working with us - we urge you to get in touch so we can discuss this further with you people.information@chandcogroup.com

Hard work, no rewards, bullying, and stressful

Due to the way you are treated by supervisors and managers, I felt the need to quit. It is not a pleasant place to work. It is stressful and hard work, and there is a constant pressure to be perfect and working at 100%. We are people, not robots! If any mistakes are made, you are taken to the office to be reprimanded. You are barely given chance to talk and defend yourself. People have been reduced to tears because of how they were and are treated there, and they are not very empathetic. I would not recommend working for this company!

Pros

Pay is okay. Allowance for food. Fair shifts for work-life balance

Cons

Hard work. Stressful. A lot is expected of you. Bullying. Bad management

22 February 2022

Fast paced, challenging but rewarding bonus scheme.

Can be challenging, however you will be rewarded for working hard. Very supportive wider team and good opportunities for growth and exposure to other teams

Pros

Free lunches and monthly bonuses that were easily obtainable.

Cons

Fast paced and can be very demanding.

Worst company to ever work for

Managers are bullies and the place is run by clowns the people in the office are not approachable and the culture is very bad we have seen so many managers go we bet who’s next

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Working with head office

Some managers are openly bullies

I am sorry to say that this company is filled with horrible bullies.you should specifically train some venues in management skills and professionalism ... You have good managers too, lovely food and good rate of pay.

Pros

Free lunch, some good leadership examples and we'll organised workplace

Cons

Some managers bully and make up false stories to ridicule someone they dislike, two faced management

18 February 2022
We do not tolerate bullying of any kind, please do get in touch with us at people.information@chandcogroup.com so we can discuss this further

Great Company

Good company and great work life balance as the shifts are allocated with time off in mind. Great team morale and excellent benefits.

This place is good place for a nice work balance life, as it enables you to work whenever you feel like working. However, the manager is quite disorgansied in my opinion and there isn't enough job security.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Job security not good enough

Bullies

Being a former chef at sky 2 Livingston, I had to leave my job due to bullying from managers and head chef. Once I put a serious allegations in about this and other things I was immediately put on garden leave to stop me from saying much more of the things going on with in the building, would not recommend working here absolute shambles and you have to watch your back constantly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gather & Gather. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gather & Gather with

• Gather & Gather
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?