Gather & Gather

Gather & Gather Employee Reviews

Very poor senior management. No clear communication or long term strategy. Play the blame game very well. You are looked after if you are liked. False promises are made.
Cons
Confused messages from senior management. No consistancy
I've worked for Gather & Gather for 6 years and have so far had a brilliant career with them. Great opportunities, lovely people and a real sense of teamwork.
Pros
Career opportunities and lovely people
Cons
Really surprised a business like this has survived the pandemic so far. The senior managers are pretty much useless and lazy and don't even know our names. My manager is good, but makes excuses when most of the team havent had contracts for over a year. No one really trusts this company and we all work alot harder than necessary. They have lost peoples personal details, paid people furlough when they shouldn't of and the head office team are pretty much lazy. I can see why people leave this business.
Pros
Staff get on well most times with each other other.
Cons
Head office, no free food, no discount lots of bosses
Worst company around. They couldn't organise a .....up in a brewery. Bad culture and managers don't have a clue what they are doing. Company will hopefully go bankrupt
Pros
Home time
Cons
Hours, managers and the food
Primark Edinburgh Site-BY FAR, THE BEST job I have ever had, from start to finish I have had a very pleasant experience, unfortunately due to Covid, our site was closed, that is the only reason I am no longer working for the company, but the way the situation was handled was fantastic, Management in constant touch to update us of any new information, grants etc. The actual work environment is just wonderful, Management are understanding, helpful, hard working, but still leave room for some banter, an easy-going, relaxed place to work and I am gutted to no longer work there. Pay is also good for the job you carry out - or I think so. You also gain some hospitality related qualifications which are completed during working hours. Flexible to suit employees commitments such as children or education.
Pros
Free lunch, staff discount, and free hot drinks during shift (how it was at my branch, unsure of others)
Cons
Primark site sometimes got pretty quiet
A really great job to start then management was rubbish. Shift patterns not shared. Manager problem with confidentiality, avoid this company like the plague.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Confidential leaked
Poorly managed, wages were never correct, management blamed payroll when they are infact at fault! Can't speak to them about anything on the defence all the time.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Taken on in the November, Furloughed in March (covid 19) made redundant a week later. Area Managers wife taken on at same time, not in same job role but I wasn't given the option to downgrade or go part time.
Cons
Management Style
Until being made redundant due to COVID I can honestly say it was the best job I have worked at for many years. Staff and management were laid back, and always open to either talk to about problems or suggestions. Team colleagues felt more like family, cliche but true. Unfortunately, as mentioned, covid as ripped out a very well balanced team. Can't speak highly enough
Pros
Work life. Overtime pay. Good team to work with. Nice working environment
Got made redundant because the client was scared of COVID and wanted to save money on premises G&G were generally good to work for, the client however were difficult
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Catering in general under CV-19
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gather & Gather?
Management and higher ups don’t really see what it’s like at the bottom do they...no real reward for working in this kind of company and your efforts count for nothing. It changes all the time and I can’t say it’s for the better unfortunately. Nothing good or special here. It’s a job with a decent salary at the bottom and good hours. That’s it.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Poor communication. Non helpful staff. No acknowledgement for your consistent efforts
The manager allowed a sous.chef who he went out with outside of work to do what she liked.She sat with her filthy kitchen boots cross legged on the side were food gets prepared and he never said a word. But would constantly be down my throat for working my hardest.
Pros
Easy work, manage yourself
Cons
Very clicky, manager looks after his friends and expects everybody else to pick uo the load
I worked with Gather&Gather at their Sky location on and the whole it was a good experience. My team mates were lovely and we all got along. Downside was some days when absolutely swamped and not enough people to go around. This was however balanced with very quiet days as well.
Pros
Lunch allowance
Cons
out of the way location
Poor and aggressive management Tried to cover health and safety issues at site by intimidation Offered you come in late but clock in at usual time to trap you
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Worst company ever please avoid at all costs management are complete wasters and only interested in gp margins Wirking conditions are shocking and only a matter of time when a major health problems arise
It is a deli centralised at the university, thus rapid execution of tasks must be handled accordingly to customer demands and restock updated every hour.
24 years as a chef and I've never worked for such a bad company, this is what is bad about this trade now company's like this, they buy contracts reduce the staff then sell the contract
Working with them has been very rewarding. they take good care of their staff although they should take care of the organisation of space and time. But i'm happy with the workers and manager.
Big contract catering company, different varieties of job roles available, fast growing if is what you wish. Good environment for Food & drinks lovers.
I worked for them for 2 and half years was an annoying job as the manager would watch you struggle when short staffed and was a gossip. He was not afraid of confronting the female staff but the men no chance. Head office were very hard to communicate with
This place is a joke you don't get full training as the managers don't even know the job them self. Dont get full uniform no safety shoes given rips shirt managers don't have time for you and there food makes you sick and when I raise this issue they got funny with me and started saying you stated this allegation about are good . What about the unfair treatment in the workplace
Pros
There so no free lunch
Cons
The management
  1. Employee reviews