Gather & Gather

Gather & Gather Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews

foodrolefreelunchmanagerstaffbadshift

Work/life balance is great.

Management and higher ups don’t really see what it’s like at the bottom do they...no real reward for working in this kind of company and your efforts count for nothing. It changes all the time and I can’t say it’s for the better unfortunately. Nothing good or special here. It’s a job with a decent salary at the bottom and good hours. That’s it.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Poor communication. Non helpful staff. No acknowledgement for your consistent efforts

Favourite Job Ever

I always thought I’d hate working as I never found a job I enjoyed but working for this company changed my mind. Although I wish the pay and hours were a little better I absolutely adore my job and the team. You get amazing holidays (I work term time) and you can earn overtime. Ive made some of my best friends through working here. The managers and all of my co workers are unbelievably kind, understanding and thoughtful. If I ever have an issue there is no doubt I can talk about it openly and without fear. I genuinely look forward to coming into work and I could not recommend it enough. Obviously I can not speak for all sites however I can’t imagine there is a bad one :)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and co workers

Cons

Hours

Insights into Gather & Gather

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Worst company to ever work for

Managers are bullies and the place is run by clowns the people in the office are not approachable and the culture is very bad we have seen so many managers go we bet who’s next

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Working with head office

Fun, easy-going, calming work enviroment

Primark Edinburgh Site-BY FAR, THE BEST job I have ever had, from start to finish I have had a very pleasant experience, unfortunately due to Covid, our site was closed, that is the only reason I am no longer working for the company, but the way the situation was handled was fantastic, Management in constant touch to update us of any new information, grants etc. The actual work environment is just wonderful, Management are understanding, helpful, hard working, but still leave room for some banter, an easy-going, relaxed place to work and I am gutted to no longer work there. Pay is also good for the job you carry out - or I think so. You also gain some hospitality related qualifications which are completed during working hours. Flexible to suit employees commitments such as children or education.

Pros

Free lunch, staff discount, and free hot drinks during shift (how it was at my branch, unsure of others)

Cons

Primark site sometimes got pretty quiet

Disappointing Management

A management that doesn't care about the people that are working for this company, there is no respect to you as a man. After 5 months giving feedback and clear request to improve my coffee bar, I could have even a brush... I worked with a sink without tap for the water... It doesn't make any sense the way that this company work

Pros

Free lunch, free gym, good customers

Cons

management

Caring employees and nice steady amount of work

The Lloyds coffee shop is located on market street which is the second busiest street in England. The variety of customers is sometimes difficult to deal with as their personalities vary alot. Overall it is fun to work there as the staff are easy to get along with.

Pros

Great wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gather & Gather. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gather & Gather with

• Gather & Gather
  • Barista
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?