Gather & Gather

Catering Assistant11 reviews
United Kingdom11 reviews

foodrolefreelunchmanagerstaffbadshift

Wages were never correct

Poorly managed, wages were never correct, management blamed payroll when they are infact at fault! Can't speak to them about anything on the defence all the time.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

Terrible company, don't even bother with them

Don't waste your time with this company, they don't care about you whatsoever, I worked just about every minute I could have done including unsociable hours, never allowed to eat, lucky if I could sneak a smoke break though I'd normally have to make an excuse like taking the rubbish out, also having half an hour pay docked everyday for the break I never got, good luck if you want a job here

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Everything else

Insights into Gather & Gather

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Bad management

Staff are lovely, but could not work with the manager unapproachable, rude , lucky if u get a 5 minute break , good luck to the next person that work here .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad management

Official response from Gather & Gather

23 March 2022
We would love to address the issues you have raised with management- please do get in touch so we can discuss this further with you people.information@chandcogroup.com

Don't work for them

A really great job to start then management was rubbish. Shift patterns not shared. Manager problem with confidentiality, avoid this company like the plague.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Confidential leaked

Fast-paced environment

It is a deli centralised at the university, thus rapid execution of tasks must be handled accordingly to customer demands and restock updated every hour.

Bulling manipulating mangers

Worst contract cater to work for. Bullied several respected employees, reduced staff levels dramatically to cut staff budgets. Staff over worked. Inserficant training given. Area manager bullied my unit manager of 2 years out after take over. No support given. Several team members left and not been replaced. Staff constantly upset and fed up Stay away at all costs !!!!! I'm leaving

Horrible place

Disgusting place, I don’t think I’ve ever been in a place as selfish as this one. I had many confrontations with some managers that were trying to be too smart and because of that they tried t dismantle me in any aspect as a human being. They should make us all a favor and close down the place.

Cons

Managers don't have a clue

Worked for this company for 6 years !! Used to be a good place to work until they got new managers who clearly knew nothing about catering and turned out to be nothing but bullies !!!! Best thing I done was leave !! Four of us left at the same time .... Says it all really !!!!

Pros

Nice customers

Cons

Management lie constantly !!!!!!

The right company to work for

Our typical day is a fun, so tiring as satisfactory 8 hours shift. I learnt about Health&Safety rules and a full, free training is been provided to all of us since the first moment, from the line manager, who is fantastically ready to answer and help us in any situation.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Very early shift in the morning

Fun work place

At work there are friendly people, I learned by improving my catering skills as this is part of my job and daily life style. I learned new recipe skills and have improved them by constantly practising and not to dissapoint the customers that I am serving. I even like to time my self to see how well I can do and not waste customers time as it is my responsibility to follow my job roles and responsibilities. The most enjoyable part about working is that catering everyday with foods and drinks there is always new foods and drinks to make from scratch.

Pros

Friendly people

Awful work place

Not long since I left this job and it was probably the best thing I've ever done. Management have no clue what they're doing. Worst manager I've ever had, forgets everything and also treats some employees different to others. I'd advise people to look somewhere else because it's not worth working here.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No team work. No communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gather & Gather. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gather & Gather with

• Gather & Gather
  • Catering Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?