Gather & Gather

Chef12 reviews
United Kingdom12 reviews

foodrolefreelunchmanagerstaffbadshift

Disappointed

Taken on in the November, Furloughed in March (covid 19) made redundant a week later. Area Managers wife taken on at same time, not in same job role but I wasn't given the option to downgrade or go part time.

Cons

Management Style

Unfair pay

Unequal pay. £3000 per anum difference for same jobCertain people are favoured unfairly.Confidentiality is non existentManagement are atrocious. The higher up they are, the less they care.No incentives at all to work hard. Staff are treated like disposables.Regularly get paid less than worked and sometimes not even on time!Overworked and underpaid.AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Pros

Cons

Unfair pay

22 November 2022
Thank you for your review. We are sad to hear of your experience with us, we urge you to get in touch with us at people@chandcogroup. com so we can discuss and investigate this further for you.

Insights into Gather & Gather

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Bullies

You will always get made to feel like you are not good enough when working here, there's always something that you are doing wrong. Rules change every 5 minutes and you don't get informed of these changes. Management and supervisors are bullies.People are too worried about leaving early and coming in later. You will always get threats of an ROD. You will not get a peaceful day off you will alwyas get messages on group chats on what you done wrong.You will always feel like your job is on the line

Pros

Free lunch

22 November 2022
Thank you for your review, we are sad to hear that you aren't enjoying working with us. We urge you to get in touch with us at people@chandocogroup.com so that we can address and investigate this for you. Our aim is to always improve for our people.

Watch your back

As quoted by a previous employee I fully agree 'Overall a great place to work but you get zero support from your management and the more you do the more they push on you until your at a point where you can no longer competently do your job.' Management look after themselves at a cost to yourself. Holidays and thank you gifts from the company are offered then taken off you with an apology.. As long as the management are looked after anyone under them need to be careful you are all but a number after all.

17 May 2022
Thank you for your review. In regards to your feedback on management please do get in touch with us people.information@chandcogroup.com We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture & are always looking for ways to improve & enhance this.

Bullies

Being a former chef at sky 2 Livingston, I had to leave my job due to bullying from managers and head chef. Once I put a serious allegations in about this and other things I was immediately put on garden leave to stop me from saying much more of the things going on with in the building, would not recommend working here absolute shambles and you have to watch your back constantly

Beware

Poor and aggressive management Tried to cover health and safety issues at site by intimidation Offered you come in late but clock in at usual time to trap you

Pros

Co workers

Avoid this company

Worst company ever please avoid at all costs management are complete wasters and only interested in gp margins Wirking conditions are shocking and only a matter of time when a major health problems arise

Don't work for them

24 years as a chef and I've never worked for such a bad company, this is what is bad about this trade now company's like this, they buy contracts reduce the staff then sell the contract

Not a company to work for

Worked for this company for about 4 months (taking over another company) and as time went on during this period the truth of previous reviews came to life. An extremely unprofessional company that has only one thing in mind and its staff is certainly not that. Bullying to the highest order. Forcing staff to leave and to take leave of absence due to stress levels and with no support. Utter disgusting. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Communication amongst emplyees

Great if you love being audited all the time

A complete time pressured job with little staff they can’t afford. The title manager now just means you’re on your own Great opportunities ie doing the cooking, cleaning label everything by yourself, do your own fryers, stock taking , cash handling Filling out charts, charts charts. Audits there is quarterly audits, eho audit. External hygiene audit, quarterly Facilities audit, quarterly coffee audit H&S audit ALL with action plans Business review why the food isn’t up to scratch or GP suffering after all these audio? Really??? Save your sanity don’t do it

Pros

Weekend off

Cons

Unrealistic workloads, management don’t understand

depressing

would not recomend this place to work becuaseall of the staff are so depressed and un friendly. not a welcoming place to work. no job security poor standards of food and lazy staff. no team work or motivation for staff to work for the business.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

all bad

Dreadful company

In 20 years as a chef I have never worked for a company as bad as this, horrible conditions, way too much workload, constant pressure and extra work added to your day and a regional manager and regional chef that are bullies, bordering on harrassment, they truly do not care how you are as long as the work gets done! Nothing but negative feedback and criticism, I don't know any staff member across 4-5 units that is happy or enjoys working for them!! Always a dreadful atmosphere only made worse when one of the regional managers visits for their monthly dress down on everything you are doing wrong!! Avoid at all costs if you want to enjoy your job!

Pros

Ok hours

Cons

Everything else, especially the workload & borderline bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gather & Gather. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement