Gaucho Restaurants

Gaucho Restaurants Employee Reviews

Very fast paced but rewarding

Working at Gaucho was one of my first jobs and it came as a shock to me how fast paced it was. Since i wasnt used to it, it was very streesful for me, but i learned so many crucial lessons and the management when i was there were great mentors. I made some mistakes and broke a couple of wine glasses one time, and the manager on duty said "when you break something, it shows you are moving a lot faster! Good job, keep it up!" Which really surprised me but since i was pretty slow and trying to get faster, made me more confident and comfortable in the workplace.One of the things i hated more than anything though was polishing the cutlery. I wasn't fast and each utensil had to be spotless or it had to be redone. Often i would finish later than the other runners because i was still finishing my pile of cutlery to polish, and it frustrated me so much.All in all, theres huge potential for progression, and you get a % of service charge which really amps up your paycheck. I would really recommend working here if you like fast paced, competitive environments.

Pros

1 hr break if you work double shift plus free meals freshly cooked by the chefs, Added percentage of service charge to each employee depending on how many hours you work.

Cons

Very stressful if you're not prepared for 6-7hrs of constantly (almost) running around, Some of the managers can be very arrogant, Some of the customers are very pompous, If you're not one of the fastest you might get less hours

Productive and fun workplace

Gaucho is a banging place to work! They do not have employees, they have machines, if you want to be a part of Gaucho you need to be a machine, it's the type of restaurant where hard work pays off and it is not for sensitive individuals.If you work in hospitality and if you are devoted to your job,that's the right place to be in!! Me personally i enjoyed every second spent in this company! Good money, good service charge and proper training! Big love for Luca GM of Birmingham, profesional, kind of person where you can learn more than any other guy! He works with hearr and passion and he is a true leader!

Pros

Staff food, cool people, good service charge

Cons

Its fine place to start working

I entered to Gaucho for an experience to learn and i have gained all thee experience needed overall its a nice place to star if you are willing to stay in hospitality

Pros

Well paid and fair

Cons

Bad management on sites

Unfair management

extremely unfair management team, constantly picking on us. Alot of favouritism going on here also. Not much opportunity for advancement and not much support

Amazing place

Amazing place to work with pleasure . Amazing training opportunities and professional development . If you want to grow into the hospitality that is the right place to work

Great work place and experience

Great company to get fantastic experience. Always challenging, looking after the staff, always encouraging to go up the ladder and extra mile. Always positive team work.

Heavy job but well paid

In the kitchen you work a lot of hours, normally you need cover other shifts. In the end of the month the payslip is good. The staff is so good, there're a system very planned about the tasks.

Productive place

I enjoyed my first job in London with Gaucho company for a while, they provided me a full training to get into this big family. The company doesn't guarantee too many hours due to the zero contract, this is the main reason for why payslips were often very bad. Management in general wasn't amazing in big restaurants specially. They pushed the employees ignoring their necessities and the fact that they were talking with humans. My personal experience hasn't been too bad at the end except for the salary but walking around all the Gaucho restaurant I experienced all those negative behiaviours and environments.

productive and enjoyable

Its a nice environment to work and managers treat you very well. You can develop new skills and everyone that works in the restaurant are very polite.

high pressure yet fun workplace

Very presentation-oriented job with demanding clients. However, when job is done well it is very enjoyable and there was a fun social aspect to it. The hardest part of the job is being transferred to different branches and having to learn the "ins and outs" of their restaurant as they can be different. For instance, the O2 Gaucho is like a different planet compared to others.

Jobs at Gaucho Restaurants

See more jobs

Very profitable and good moneywise workplace

good people but very big company to work in, training all over the year long to improve knowledges, being the hardest part of the job running for the busy

Pros

so much tips and keep 45% of the service charge of your section

Cons

long hours on a double shift, working every saturday double and long christmas

SCAM! BEWARE! They Stole me 33 hours of work

Do NOT work for them cause they will put you to work for their holidays and they will make you problems with HMRC as they did to me, plus they stole 33 hours from the recorded hours I worked. after my first payslip I saw that they caused problems between me and HMRC showing that I don't have a Nin Number. BEWARE if you don't want to have problems with HMRC. I did leave them the very next day when I saw them did to me, and because of seeing what's happening they steal my working hours which I worked for a whole week and which I recorded every day.

Motivacion por parte de la empresa

Empresa con una cultura argentina increible. Mucho training y aprendizaje. Incluso contiene una academia en la cual hay que pasar varios edamenes para conseguir el trabajo.

fun workplace alot of new people to meet everyday

A typical day at work would be greeting guests making sure everything is organized, taking guests to their seats, attending phone calls and take bookings.

Pros

free lunches and break given inbetween

Cons

wearing red lipsticks every day and finishing late

Awful in every way

Everyday was a struggle, the managment had no idea what to do. They treat staff like cows, we had to paid for everything on out uniform, and they require esspecific thing only they can provide. No staff food, or pretty bad, they demand extra hours extra work, they dont care of your life and they expect from you to always be ready to cover a shift.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Great time

Learned loads whilst there. Great personal development on managers and an always pushing forward company. Great Argentinean culture which you don't see in many places.

Ambiente genial donde todos los empleados maneteniamos buena relacion

Un buen restaurante donde aprendí idiomas en especial el Inglés y demás habilidades

Busy work environment

As a manager GAUCHO is a good place to become a strong one from junior to senior levels. they have courses in place. The problem is that is no work and life balance. They promote Argentinian culture and knowledge.

Pros

50% discount for staff food and beverage up to 6 people

Cons

Too many working hours

Buen ambiente laboral

Trabajé en el GAUCHO por casi dos meses, la única queja que puedo tener, es que trabajaba pocas horas, pero era debido a ser verano y es temporada floja en Manchester, los jefes y los compañeros de trabajo genial.

Pros

Buenos compañeros de trabajo

Cons

Pocas horas en verano

gaucho

was really good experience to work with exct chef Jamie Robertson. good knowledge off the meat and butchering. totally fresh , everything made in the house, you need a good knowledge of the gastroloji and food because of daily chef special menus. at the other hand wrong management skills from the head office

Treat you like a machine

Expect you to move between sites, pick up shifts and still hit sales targets. You feel run down every shift, yet they squeeze you for more and more. Then they get rid of you due to a 2yr probation clause in the staff handbook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gaucho Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement