GBA SERVICES

• Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Steady job

Steady away Job working with a good bunch of lads.Office are pretty good and treat me fairly - trucks and starting to get tired, but new ones arriving soon

Pros

Steady job

Cons

Trucks getting tired

A large company with the small company atmosphere.

Having worked at GBA Amesbury for the past year I have settled into their relaxed way of doing things. They always make you feel welcome and the door is always open if you need to talk to management. The work is easy and they are very accommodating when it comes to work/ life balance.

Pros

Free uniform and PPE. Friendly staff.

Cons

None.

Great family business

I recently started working as a driver in the Amesbury depot, really welcoming team, fully supported induction and positive atmosphere.Would recommend

Pros

Family business values

Cons

Traffic

Lots of improvements

Working at GBA Amesbury has been a great experience, vastly Inproces over the recent months with changes to the operation.Big changes = big positives

Pros

Great induction

Cons

Traffic delays

Fantastic team spirit

GBA Amesbury offers people new into logistics the opportunity to thrive in a bustling and welcoming environment.I cannot express how the team work and relationships offset any challenges in the industry.Senior management are always availible to offer constructive guidance and support, but more than that, they help create a fantastic atmosphere.I couldn't recommend GBA enough

Pros

Free induction courses EG. Health and safety level 2

Cons

Standards logistical challenges

Challenging, stressful unappreciated, disrespected.

GBA claim to be a family business with family values! If this was my family, I would have disowned them, the way they treat you. They expect you to be still involved even when you have left work. No respect, no care for the employee, no following employment procedures, even making things up to get rid of you. They will change their own employee handbook to suit their own outcome. You will never have job security. Avoid!!

Pros

Being told you are doing/done a great job.

Cons

Asking you to leave without notice or valid reason why.

Over worked and underpaid

Overworked and under paid for job. No support for night drivers as management go home and runs allocated get scrapped and you get a lucky dip of where you’re going

Pros

Cons

Too many

"Family run" just an excuse to pay you less for double the work

There is zero progression available and employees are told this. If you want to go somewhere to work for the same wage until retirement with no fuss then this is the place for you. If you do want any kind of career progression, GBA is not for you. There is a glass ceiling for just about anyone but the main family itself but if you're female it's far worse. At least as a male in sales you get a tad more benefits and progression. The accounts department is the absolute worst for this. They have openly admitted that they will only employ admin roles and train these people to do jobs far beyond what they're paid for with the excuse "it's good experience, it'll look good on your CV".

Pros

Qualifications paid for

Cons

Zero progression

Great family business

GBA specialises in transport services for other companies. It is a fast paced company but still with a family feel to it. Everyone is approachable and super friendly, you can feel that everyone is willing to help you and support you. I worked for a few companies in my life, but I never felt more supported in a role before. You could probably get more money elsewhere, but I found out that money is not everything, the way you are treated is more important than pay. At GBA I feel respected as my work often gets praise, even though I don't feel like I done anything outside my normal duties.

Pros

Very receptive to new ideas and ways of working

Cons

nothing so far

GBA Family

GBA they pride there selves on 3 x key values. 1. Dedicated2. Enterprising 3. Family Values Family is certainly what makes GBA unique and a cut above the rest!! Highly recommend joining the GBA Family in 2021.

Pros

Hospitality events

Cons

Working at different locations

Pushed to your limit for not good pay

At the beginning it was great, got to travel a lot throughout Europe, then managers/planners thinking they know what they are doing ruined it all when you planned your shift (as any driver would do) they push you further then when it all goes wrong they try and blame you but then they get caught out and think they can treat you like dirt and get shirty when you stand up for yourself! They will have you in for a telling off for silly stupid reasons! If you don’t have the same name as the owners then family means jack! Felt like you was always fighting to get home!

Pros

Travel Europe

Cons

Long hours, managers & planners thinking they know better, pay structure

Good team, friendly

Family run logistics business, and good atmosphere, and friendly teamsBusy jobs and fast pace workload.Covid impacted causing redundancy Proactive and supportive employer

Do not work here

After working for this company is is completely apparent that they do not know what they are doing within the transportation. They do know about the automotive industry which is what they do best, but when they started doing distribution they have not got a clue. They start by giving you a role which you are happy to undertake and then add more and more to your role. Constantly on call, ran by managers that cannot manage. You are a planner, business development manager, admin chasing pods, chasing payments reviewing costs, running p&l and not being paid for it.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, always on call

A typical day at work

a typical day at work is making sure all defects are rectived. Then plan the days work for the staff. Sort all paperwork out. Book vehicles in at main dealers.

Avoid at all costs !! Run and organised by clowns

Seems like you must be related to the family to get anywhere within the business . The outfit is completely disorganised and run by 'wannabe managers '.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Salary, no opportunity to progress in career

Very bad Management culture at the time.

If you were not one of the boys , forget it ,you were pushed aside from overtime and any decent work that came in . Easy job supplying NISSAN , shame the Management had there favorites.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

To much favoritisme

Average Company

Some great characters in the office but few other pros. Learned quite a lot about the transport industry through working here but through own volition. Not enough invested into staff compared to other places I have since worked at.

Just a number

Low pay compared with other companies doing the same work. Wagons old and dirty and not properly maintained. Supervisors up there own arses. Do not recomend

Pros

Cons

Loads

Interesting jobs, a lot of time on the road

Interesting company, nice and different jobs, sometimes not very well connected but they keep you busy. Good units and acceptable trailers. Well connected with their app.

Pros

You use one unit, always with it.

Cons

Long time away from home

Gba

I worked with GBA for about 2 years. the job was long distance driving, so i was way from home for up tp 2 weeks at a time. the load i carried could be different everyday depending on the job, i enjoyed the driving just not being away from my family and home

Great team

Overall a really great bunch of people to work with. You are trusted to do a good job. Trusted family values and people who care about the industry And very customer focused

Pros

Career opportunities

Cons

Staff benefits very little

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GBA SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare GBA SERVICES with

• GBA SERVICES
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?