Gearset

Gearset Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Exciting and fun environment

I have been incredibly impressed with each and every touchpoint throughout the interview process to starting with Gearset. You can honestly feel that you are valued.

Pros

Flexible working conditions, awesome perks and good honest, transparent and kind team members

Great company to work for

I've been at Gearset for less than 6 months and I've enjoyed every day here! I first chose to interview here after reading some great reviews about working at Gearset and I am shocked that it's an even more amazing place to work than the reviews made it out to be.I joined during the pandemic and onboarded remotely, but I was made to feel really welcome and had a great experience getting up to speed and meeting lots of interesting people across the company. My colleagues are all kind and fun people and the collaborative environment means that coming to work each day is a pleasure. There's a great atmosphere of trust and respect amongst everyone, and with an excellent work-life balance, I couldn't imagine a better company to work for.

Pros

Flexible hours, work-life balance, trust

A happy place to be 5 days a week

Gearset is the place where I wanted to be, I just didn't know it was called Gearset.I haven't been here for long but coming from a big big big corporation I can spot the differences easily and are absolutely great.Why?I have the chance to study and learnThe atmosphere is greatThe people are approachable and niceThe communication style is clear, simple, niceThe perks. Good perks!Good salarySchedule flexibility

Trust and Fun

Gearset made feel that pandemic doesn't mean being isolated from your team and by myself at home. There's not one day, I don't have a good laugh with my team, and since day 1 I felt so much support from members of the whole company (not just from my team). They trust me to do my best job, and I keep wanting to give my best and beyond to Gearset. I'm treated with respect and I'm given ownership to support the business. It's like a big great team! Oh and the occasional little gifts they are just cherry on top of the cake 😊

Pros

Good environment, no micromanagement, opportunities to make an impact, work life balance, free food, random gifts, team gatherings, bupa.

Cons

Too good to be true 🤩

Great workplace with Great people

Gearset is an awesome place to work. It attracted me as every touch point I had over the interview process told me that the company was a really good one. I knew nothing about DevOps before I joined but found their solution incredibly interesting as well as the future plans for the business. Everyone at Gearset genuinely cares and makes you feel incredibly welcome and valued. The management team work hard to listen to employees and often you find your suggestions are already being actioned.

Pros

Awesome people, Free lunch, Friday takeway, income protection

Cons

Young company still growing - not sure if thats a con?

Best job I've ever had!

I am currently employed as a Customer Success Engineer at Gearset and I have to be honest the title of my review is quite a bold statement as I have only been working there just under a month so far, however I already know if you ask me in a years time/5 years time I will genuinely stand by it. I have already met and engaged (remotely) with most of the lovely bunch of people Gearset already employs and everyone, from the CEO to the developers to the People team, is so easy to approach and interact with. This is partly because of the great internal resources they make use of, especially while working remotely!! But also this is down to the time and money the company invests into the wellbeing of its staff. In the last week I have had an amazing Yoga class, a virtual Murder Mystery which I was terrible at and an excellent vegan takeaway on Friday all thanks to Gearset. At the same time, I've also learnt so much in terms of code analysis, better ways to speak publicly and showcase our product, as well as an introduction to the world of Devops and Salesforce gained from the seemingly limitless knowledge and experience from the colleagues I'm grateful to work with. However, I have to say one of the best things about Gearset is the culture that has been clearly demonstrated since day one of my joining the company. Honesty underpinned with kindess is truly at the heart of everything they do and although the work can be technical and complex, you are never left to handle something on your own, you are treated like a person and you feel as though with the support of the teams around -

Pros

Culture of honest feedback and the investment into you as a person.

Cons

I've been at Gearset for almost 4 years, and don't plan on leaving any time soon

Gearset's been a brilliant place for me to progress my career. The trusting and transparent environment means that I can engage with all areas of the business to gain experience that I simply wouldn't have access to at other companies. I enjoy working here, and every day presents a new challenge.

Pros

free lunch, flexible hours, pretty flat structure

Great place to work with exciting projects and nice benefits

Gearset is a brilliant place to work, they've managed to maintain the excitement of a start-up, with the structure, security and support of a more established business, even as the company grows. All opinions are valued and you can really see, and benefit from, the impact of your work. The benefits are really good, and have been translated well into remote working.

Pros

Flexible working, great home working support, weekly takeaway allowance

Cons

The fast-paced nature of the work isn't for everyone

Great company with great benefits

Company is a really nice personable company. Offers good pay and great benefits - particularly for a start-up. The employees are treated with respect and trusted to make the role their own.

Pros

Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gearset. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Gearset reviews by location

Learn about Gearset in popular locations

• Gearset