Gemini Drivers
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Gemini Drivers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews

cardexpensecreditplatetransporttradefueldriver

Good company to work for

The office staff make you feel like part of a family and are there to help you in all aspects of the job. They plan your day for you and try to help when things go wrong outwith their control. Nobody can predict road conditions and traffic flow in the UK. Eg weather conditions RTA'S and the likes where you can be delayed for any length of time. When you start working for Gemini you are supplied with everything you need for the job uniform, trade plates and a credit card to pay for all expenses .

Pros

All fuel and public transport paid for. Wages paid weekly and support when you need it

Cons

Can be left a long way from home when things don't go to plan sometimes, paid on driving time only not by the hour

Long hours not worth the pay

Long hours not worth the pay 60 to 70 weeks on 350 quid Could be less if things dont run smoothly. Throw you straight in the deep end withinadequate training. You can earn more in a 9 to 5 with a lot more time for your own life

Insights into Gemini Drivers

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Really fast!

Was recently made redundant and these guys got me out the road in no time. Just what I needed with Christmas round the corner, very happy with the role so far.

Pros

Immediate start

Decent

Pretty good company with plenty of work. Nice to be self employed but with guaranteed Monday to Friday work. If you're a trade plate driver I'd try these guys for sure

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

None really

The company card is a nice touch

Only thing that ever out me off becoming a trade plate driver was having to claim money back for travel and fuel etc.. having the company card makes life so much easier.

Pros

Expenses paid

Great

These guys got me started in no time, interview process was really swift and before I knew it I was out on the road earning good money. Can see a real future here

Pros

Good pay

Good job

This is a good job and i would recommend to anyone whos a fan of cars and enjoys driving and seeing the country. Just make sure your up early to make the 8:30 delivery.

Pros

Plenty of work

Fantastic Place to work!

Fantastic Company to work for with warm and welcoming staff. Business growth is really impressive and the long term and short term goals are easily achievable with the set up.

Pros

Well paid, warm and welcoming staff.

Lovely people

The job itself isnt the most complicated thing in the world but what really makes it for me is the office staff. 4 driver liaisons coaching you along the way and answering all your questions no matter how trivial. Would recommend to someone who is looking into becoming a plater

Pros

All the help you need

Nothing quite like it

Been self employed my whole working life and never had a role quite as unique as this. For someone's who's been driving for over 30+ years this suits me down to the ground.

Pros

Good driving job for people who like driving

Cons

Glad i came out of retirement!

Took this role purely to cure the boredom of retirement and it was definitely the right move. Getting to drive these lovely cars up and down the country and having all fuel and travel paid for is perfect for me.

Pros

No travel expenses! Get to see the country

Cons

None in my opinion

Great job

I've never had a driving job before but I sure have heard some horror stories about this kind of work. But these guys have completely changed everything, full office staff that look after you when your out and about and then on top of that there are some fantastic cars! Just love this job.

Pros

Lovely cars and good money

Cons

Depends if youre a morning person!

Great for the self employed

If you like being self employed try this company. All staff are very fair and treat you with respect and just overall one of the best driving jobs I've had.

Pros

Every day is diferent

Great

Great company to drive for, plenty of work and no concerns of ever being stranded unlike some places... company card for expenses too so no need for claim backs.

Pros

Pleo card

do not work for them unless you enjoy being stranded

I only worked for this company for two days and in those two days it was the worst time I've ever had of being a trade plate driver. Yeah you do get a company card but what use is it when the admin put a block on it and you cant see the pin code on the tablet and was never told it upon receiving the card. Promises were made of never being left stranded and how they care for the drivers but yet on my second day I was stranded 80 miles from home at 7pm with public transport numbers dwindling just because mileage was more important than getting someone home safe. Id been on the road 20 hours this day for no more than about £75 - 80. Oh and some of the deliveries you will make will leave you an hours walk to the nearest bus stop and they dont care. The weekly expenses are also expensive and eat most of your wage for the week so avoid unless you want nothing but headaches and false promises.

Pros

Company card (when it works)

Cons

All mentioned in review

Great staff

The staff in the office are fantastic, 4 driver liaisons always there whenever you need them and they actually all have experience! Very reassuring to have a knowledgeable team there for you whenever you need.

Pros

Very helpful

Cons

Long days sometimes

Great

Been driving for just over 20 years and I this is definitely the best job I've had. Picking up some fantastic vehicles and delivering them over the country just suits me. Would recommend this company

Pros

Nice cars

Brilliant

Cannot fault this company. As far as trade plate driving goes this is the best place to be, really friendly office there to help you at every moment, even out of office hours too! Great business

Pros

All the help you can get

Great job

Love this job. Lots of nice cars, lots of freedom driving up and down the country. Trully a proffesional driving job. Would recommend to anyone who likes driving.

Pros

Nice cars

Poor work hours

Long hours and distance wanting minimum 3+ deliveries a day irrespective of the hours driving which should be illegal. Sometimes stranded and dependant on lift first then public transport without regard to the time of day. Unknown workload at start of day and waiting for work to get you home no matter the time of day!

Pros

Expense card

Cons

Too long hours and unknown work schedule at start of day

Great

Great company to work for, good communication from the office, really tight team all looking out for each other and some utterly fantastic cars to pick up. Love this job.

Pros

Strong team

Cons

Early starts sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gemini Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Gemini Drivers with

• Gemini Drivers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?