General Pharmaceutical Council

General Pharmaceutical Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Relaxed place to work

Has a lot of office politics, and limited room for advancement. Good place to work if your focus is not career progression and you have a work to live, rather than live to work mentality.

Collaborative and focussed organisation

Collaborative and focussed organisation, good management structure. Decision making can be slow on occasions. Overall though a good organisation to work for.

Collaborative working environment

Relaxed but collaborative working environment. Can be slow in decision making, all staff are co-operative and supportive of each other regularly interacting

Even the company benefits are great, underhanded things are happening there.

Nice area to work, a lot of benefits to the staff in including holidays. But something underhanded things are happening. Lack of trainning as not enough staff and accusing the new staff and send them home within short period.

Pros

Emplyee benefits are great.

Cons

Lack of training as staff shorage snd accusing new to and send them home within short period.

Very P,C lacking in sense of humour favouritism in abundence

On outset good company to work for has gone down hill very rapidly favouritism in abundance. P,C in abundance mind your conversation as you could be disciplined for slightest comment that they deem to be wrong overall I cannot recommend this company as a good employer very poor

Typical day at work

A typical day at work consists of reading emails in the morning from personal inbox and Admin team inbox. From the Admin team inbox I allocate a wide variety tasks to the admin team which comprises of three Administrators. Manage the departments health cases, spreadsheets and take one ad hoc tasks from any of the five legal investigatory teams we support.

Qbe

Great Company to work with. Nice workplace culture, great management, nice people, superb office, agile environment, new technologies. Learned a lot by delivering the new projects.

Poor management and low morale

Very high staff turnover which is a reflection of poor management. Favoritism is rampant not competency. No career progression. Lack of transparency.

Pros

Good pension plan

Cons

Heavy caseload with no support

Fun workplace

Good office, location. The management are great and nice open plan offices. Great work life balance, not a stressful job. However not many opportunities to progress.

Slow and infuriating

If you are intending to work here in a role in one of the business functions (finance, project management, IT etc) don't! There is ineffective leadership and no decision making made by the Senior Leadership Group or the Chief Executive. Change has been talked about for years - but nothing tangible has happened

Pros

Nice offices, with some really good people

Cons

Management culture, ineffective CEO

Progressive if you share the drinking culture

Peak periods means a variety of slow days and busy days, luckily I am still fully knowledgable on pharmaceutical regulations, however the culture of management meant as long as you were liked or favorited you would be pushed up the ladder even without the skills. The culture of the workplace is very much high school university and social hobbies surround after work drinks, so it excludes those with after work responsibilities. Its not a hard organisation to comprehend its pretty much common sense... The most enjoyable part of the job was 5pm.

Fast paced environment

Exciting place to work. Slightly disorganised and management culture could run more smoothly however this was being worked on.

Awful organisation to work for

Avoid this organisation like your life depends on it. The problem with the GPhC can be summed up quite simply: They don't know what they're doing. The staff turnover is crazy high and they have no intention of doing anything about it apart from keeping the revolving door in operation. Staff are treated like something on the bottom of their shoe and to top it off, the pay is very poor for the work expected. There are no incentives and little chance of promotion or advancement. Avoid this place.

Pros

I worked there so you dont have to

Cons

Poor pay, no incentives, no advancement, no autonomy

My time with the GPhC

My position has allowed me the opportunity to utilize my experience gained in administration and case progression from my current role as Administrator with the Case Progression Team. Within my role I am responsible for providing administrative support to my team in all aspects of preparing a case for hearing. My experience in the Customer Service team has trained me in how to balance our obligations as a healthcare regulator with simultaneously putting the customer at the heart of all we do. I have demonstrated my ability to proactively manage my own caseload of applications to enter the register declaring a Fitness to Practise issue from my previous role with the Council. My responsibility for these applications included analysing and reporting on Good Character or Health Assessments; this required an unwavering attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines. I am in constant communication with Registrants, requesting more information and clarifying the information we have received. It is extremely important the information I send out is clear and concise and I am responsible to constantly quality assure and check my work. I have demonstrated an ability to quickly adapt to new databases and programs and to utilise them in compiling reports and updating records. At all times the information stored and accessed from our database must be handled with integrity. I have demonstrated my commitment to improvement and development. I am motivated by the challenge to constantly improve how my team communicates both internally and with external stakeholders. Much -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Pharmaceutical Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement