Genuine Dining Company

Genuine Dining Company Employee Reviews

A typical day at work would involve serving customers food and drink, handling money and offering friendly customer service while making sure the surrounding environment was clean and tidy. Learned more about customer service and working as part of a team. The hardest part of the job was working with some co-workers who would create a hostile environment towards other members of staff and customers. Enjoyable parts were working with people and being able to offer them a friendly welcoming service.

Genuine dining. The future of catering

Excellent company. Great ethic, environment and team. Absolutely loved the time spent with them and would recommend it to anyone looking to develop their skills and work for the best of the best! They really are the best people serving the best food and having the most fun!!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Competitive

Delicious menus are prepared

At the beginning when you start working they make you believe that you are part of a great team, and that they are very united and supportive. and as time goes by, they yell at you, they fight with you and most importantly, they try to sabotage your work so that you look bad, and all this they do in order to kick you out of your job

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bad team work

Great company with superb work ethics

When applying for a job with the GDC, I felt very uncertain about what my future may hold. However coming away from my interview I felt so relaxed and enthusiastic about potentially being able to work with such a great company.I have now been working for the GDC for nearly 2 and a half years and I can truly say it was the best choice I have made for my career to date. Every day I leave my house excited about the day ahead, working with a great team who strive to be the best each and every day. The support I receive from my management team is 5 star and nothing is ever to much. Being a Chef Manager can be stressful at times but knowing I have the help and backing from not only my management but my employee's is very reassuring and comforting.We really do live and breath our company mission - “The best people, serving the best food, having the most fun”I'm so glad I took the opportunity to join the GDC and I can't wait to see what the future holds, not just for myself but for the company to.

Pros

Awesome employee's, great work ethics & being able to have fun, whilst you work.

Great ethos and career devoplment

I started as a sous chef and now am head chef of my 3rd site, i get involved in all sorts of events and new ventures. If you are willing to work hard and have a passion for food this company is the one for you, it is has a real family culture and i have gained friends, contacts and loads of experience. ''The best people serving the best food, having the most fun'' is at the heart of the business and personally am proud to be a part of it.

Pros

career progression

Cons

long travel time

Great company to work for!

I have worked for genuine Dining as a chef for a few years now , they are great people to work for and with! Always focused on how staff want to develop themselves and move up! The support from management and directors is something I haven’t seen in any other catering company, truly are the best people, serving the best food having the most fun.

Pros

Great people to work with, amazing fresh produce, ahead of the trends!

Bulling company and HR

Be aware this company promotes bulling! They do not care about their employees. They do not treat people like humans. This shouldn’t be aloud in the UK. I hope this company will be prosecuted one day. BULLING HR PEOPLE AND OWNER

Genuine mess

The pay minimum wage,expects you to work double.The politcs non stop,they protect management even when these people are the worst.Plain rudeness and they only promote a certain type just look at the overall management. Undercooked,bland and dry meals no taste,prices always going up The BEST PEOPLE WILL LEAVE SERVING THE BEST FOOD ELSEWHERE.

Pros

Free lunch if you have time

Cons

No progression, underpaid

Poorly run and bad attitude from management

When I started working for this company I noticed some of the older staff insulting some of the younger/new staff, just some bad attitude coming from some of the staff. Been a mature person who I am, I tried to talk to management about what was happening but they didn't even really care. Just an overall horrible environment to work in with no good work system for the staff. Overworked/underpaid and no help from the top.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Horrible work environment

Fantastic

worked with the genuine dining company for 3 years. loved every second of it. busy and difficult at times but kept motivated and valued as an employee

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Genuine Dining Company?

Discrimination and sloppy food

Fired do to my arthritis was told “ it’s not working not the right fit You need to take care of myself “ I completed the job I made higher quality food than the burnt onion slop they would “ bulk” my dishes with same stuff everyday looked like a mess. Termination letter stated “ do to my conduct” as if I hurt someone or threaten someone they embarrassed me and humiliated me worst job experience I’ve ever had

Worse Decision Ever

this Job is a Sham. They do not fully train you. Unprofessional, managers are perverted. They don’t understand what good work ethics are. It’s a disgusting brand. They don’t offer anything they do promise. Don’t apply for this.

I have worked for the Genuine dining co for 5 years and there is always encouragement to progress from management.. although catering is a tough environment to work in now GDC still follow there policy of being a fun and unique company where creativity is encouraged.

Pros

Freedom to flourish and be creative

Cons

Catering in general is tougher than ever

Bad treatment of staff

Horrible treatment of staff. You will be over worked and expected to know everything within your first week. Management is cold and cares nothing for their employees, if there is a problem you are just expected to shut up and get back to work, even if personal or serious. Work itself is completely standard and fine, however the actual employers and management, aka anyone above you, is ridiculously rude and degrading. Do not work with them.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours, bad training, poorly treated staff.

Bad Treatment of Staff

The ad stated that training was provided, and it isn't. You're basically hired on a zero hours contract, given a few shifts and expected to pick it up instantly. If you struggle with any tasks, your name is taken off the mailing list without any notice, you aren't given any more opportunities to work and you never hear from them again. They expect seamless performance from the outset and provide no communication or staff care whatsoever, and will hire anyone who applies just to get a few shifts out of them. The work itself isn't so bad, but the cold treatment from the management is really offputting. Avoid applying if you expect a good quality of staff care.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

No communication, no concern for their staff, no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genuine Dining Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement