Getir
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Getir: 24 Reviews in London

London24 reviews

paymanagementgoodpeoplecompanyworkingjobwork

Obviously only has capital but not enough smart people running the business

Totally confused OA. Was unaware of what their priority should be. Obviously only has capital but not enough smart people running the business.

Worst company to work for

The managers in the store don’t care and do everything they can to sack you, they talk behind your back and are really unprofessional. Nobody is happy in this work environment

Insights into Getir

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

There's good and bad

It's not paradise, but the pay was decent, workload was manageable, management was super, and the team was very friendly and collaborative. Lots of things changed since then, especially when they introduced the franchising operations and some stores had it good and some worse. Overall, work load has been increasing sharply with same pay, advancement has been halted, and the environment isn't really fun anymore. I mean I can handle it, but I wouldn't recommend jumping aboard now (a year ago, maybe). Don't expect free food or other perks. The pay is advertised high for store assistants, yet you may not get what you're promised as it changes each week depending on performance. If you wish to join, being a courier is much more needed, relaxed and less stressful.

Pros

Good teams, above average pay

Cons

Long hours, inconsistent management, rapidly changing policies

Stessful

Before it was much easier and was a nice environment but now they changed everything from the layout of the warehouse to the managers. Making supervisors out of people who don’t deserve it is another thing. I was the best performing worker and make one mistake in 8 months and they told me too leave.

Poor Communication From Management, Hours Cut Without Warning, No One Cares

Worked for Getir for a year and seen the warehouse I work at go from Getir owned to franchise. The management only talk to us to issue policies with bad information gained through tracking - they openly admit their system provides bad data on how we're doing but act on that data to punish us. Recently got my hours cut from full time 40 to part time around 32.5 without any warning from the owner/manager and lost half my bonus and an entire shifts earnings. My employment contract says 40 hours a week but they reserve the right to change it. I looked into breach of contract and essentially the law doesn't care if a company reduces your hours so its take it or quit. I would quit in disgust but even this is better pay as a courier than anywhere else, if you can believe it, which is probably why they haven't hemorrhaged staff. If you've got other options, don't work for them, or else line up a day or two to work else where to top up your earnings because you can't trust the management.

worst

bad management and random shift provided as they like. they promise to provide 20hr per week but they give 16hr or 10hr not even flexible. even sometime you have to work alone and do 36 delivery non stop.

Waste of time

Your contract hours will be on demand, they will give you the hours that the manager friends don’t want. If you have no bills to pay it the ideal job for you, otherwise is better find a work where you are seen as an human being.

Terrible Company decent pay

Everyday they fire people and bring new people, my friends got called randomly and told dont come back to work for no reason. Unreliable, no safety or training provided, worst worst managers so rude they dont even say your name they call u courier or by ur phone number worst company !!!!

Average

In terms of salary, it’s one of the best company for couriers. However, the work environment is not fun. Everyone speaks Indian at work and the management people are not honest with couriers.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Not a good environment to work

Fast-paced but Fun

Fun, pleasant to meet customers. But too fast-paced sometimes, too much preassure readying deliveries. Good job for introverts. Pay is okay but bonus scheme has clear walls depending on store location. Staffrooms not spacious enough for staff at every store.

Work place feels like home

The main thing to do any job is to have a dedication and willingness to do something better. The time I started it was way different then what we have now. It’s just a team effort.

Pros

No expense of insurance or uniform

Cons

Working in hard weather like strong rain or freezy cold weather

Management is very poor

No social life because of the shifts that are changing all the time. Co-workers are very friendly. It's a good place to work if you don't mind working many days at night until 0:00

Not as good as they make it sound before you join

Poor management skills. Give you whatever hours they feel like giving you. No opportunity to progress and definitely not worth the pay. Half the things in these places don't even work

Best grocery company in the uk

Stress free and a easy relaxing jobGet paid weekly We see no customers which is amazingThe dress code is casualFlexibility is amazing choose the days and times you want

Pros

Good pay/see no customers/easy job

Cons

Closing at 1am

Good wages but taxed on bonuses

Was a good company to work for to earn money, planning shifts is a difficult task and sometimes workers shifts had to be ended early to collect their children etc. Was also issues with pay from time to time. Health and safety issues with the motorbikes and would sometimes turn up to shifts unable to make deliveries or hit bonus targets for the week sometimes even being asked to go home unpaid.

Good pay. Rubbish Management

£13 for a part time job is pretty good as a student but not sure for the folks doing it full time. Management was awful and the "Operations Associate" were pretty much useless and the contact team was pretty much nonexistent, I believe they were based in Turkey which is stupid.

Don’t bother

The pay may be good, but it comes at a great cost. No work-life balance, you either start a shift at 7am or finish at 12:30am. Shifts are 9 hours but can sometimes be stretched to 10.No support from management and they expect you to do their job, such as managing couriers and ensuring that they are doing their job.It is also very often understaffed. Expect to do shifts by yourself if someone calls off.Pay is also inconsistent and it depends on how well your overall team is doing and not on an individual basis.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours, no work-life balance, uncoordinated management, lack of support

Early start but early finish

Good company to work for, great people in the yard. London traffic can be rough but comes with the job. Routes would be better if they listen to the drivers that know the areas. Pay if good as well as the hours. Good vehicles and equipment to get the job done.

Pros

Early finish

Cons

London traffic

Stressful and draining

There is no clear direction on where the company is going. No respect for the workers, constantly asked to do overtime. No work-life balance. Wouldn't recommend.

Pros

Nothing specific

Cons

No respect for time off work

Avoid!

Management is awful. They don’t care about their staff and have no clue what they’re doing. They claim you will get £13 an hour but the targets are so high it’s impossible due to the amount of staff their is, yet they claim they are overstaffed. It’s chaotic, there’s too much to do for one person. Management doesn’t want you to take a break but also say break is unpaid. Horrible environment to work in, everyone is stressed 24/7. The amount of products that goes to waste is ridiculous. Any advice you give to management is disregarded. Oh yeah… and they laugh when your running around working like a headless chicken and make inappropriate jokes to make you feel degraded. Avoid!!!!

Pros

Absolutely nothing, avoid!!!

Cons

Everything.

meh

It was alright, you clocked in and out during your shift but the hand in must be something that should be carefully managed in order to avoid any mistakes with shipping out to different stores. No pay rise was given after landing a more senior role.

Pros

actual work wasn't difficult to follow

Cons

pay was inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Getir. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement