Getir

Getir Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate20 reviews
United Kingdom20 reviews

paymanagementgoodpeoplecompanyworkingjobwork

A company with no true sense of direction for now. Maybe in the future.

In my opinion this company lacks a stable culture (norms and practices) where employees can understand the direction and the vision of the company. However, employees are faced with weekly performance changes yet are being graded with new monthly KPI's. In addition, this blurs the employees way to measure their success. The amount of wastage that is displayed everyday within this company is quite alarming especially for a more culture conscious world. I truly feel if they weren't acting as headless chickens they could have the potential to be one of the world's leading organisations in retail but for now they remain at a below average level with the perception of being above average.

Cons

Long Hours - Expect 8-14 hour shifts. With only 30 minute paid breaks.

Worst company to work for

The managers in the store don’t care and do everything they can to sack you, they talk behind your back and are really unprofessional. Nobody is happy in this work environment

Insights into Getir

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Bad

Very very bad company. Progression is based on your connections not on your work. The company is going to send you off if they don’t need you, doesn’t matter that you’ve signed a contract. Head Office people more incompetent than the managers. You have to beg for hours.

Good

Overall the workplace is positive. The staff are very friendly and easy to get along with. Sometimes lack of support from management but that’s the only downside.

Getir

Really execrable company. My workmates largely ok.Toxic atmosphere. Bullies promoted.No credit for work ethic. Bonuses unattainable. Really dreadful company.

Worst experience I have in this company

Worst experience I have had in this company with out any rules and regulations no procedures at all .in this company .and they give franchise in mean while of 6months in the year of 2022 .

Decent relaxed job

Worked as a store assistant. The work isn't very fast paced most of the time and is pretty relaxed working environment. The management isn't very helpful, though.

Pros

Easy work, good pay

Cons

Management is a mess

This place for me was excellent to work. The whole team members were incredible and I loved every minute of my time there, just so sad to see the store closing, I would definitely work for getir again if they reopened

Pros

Weekly bonuses

Cons

No cons at all

Good if you like stress

Working at Getir as a Store Assistant is fine. Lovely people and management. The problems arise from the strenuous work. As soon as an order comes in sirens blare out and a timer flashes on your terminal. You are timed and paid bonuses supposedly if you are top ranked in the store. Drivers however just get bonuses based on how many deliveries they do, as there are many at a time they often got paid much more for less work (There's a distance limit so they don't go very far too)

Easy job with fair pay. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for part-time work. Can be a bit demanding if understaffed but overall its a great place to work

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Evening shift can finish at 1am

Terrible

Just not a good place to work everyone is massively under appreciated and getir will be closed in the next few months coming up so I wouldn’t recommend working here not worth the stress

Company dont care about employees

I would say job is really fine also salary compared to job i mean its easy job but management dont care at all they just dont care if you need help with something , no one gonna help you :D plus they are sack ppl in probation for no reason

Shocking.

Wouldn’t even bother to apply. The people I worked with in store were for the most part great. However I have never known such bad management in my life, an absolute joke of a company. Managers don’t actually know what working here is like and likely don’t care. AVOID!

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Everything else!

So many tasks to do and management is so poor

Management is zero, favouritism is at the peek, lots and lots of hard work no job security, they don't appreciate your work no matter how hard you try to help. Shifts are not good you don't get enough hours , team leader keeps maximum hours for himself and you will be served the left few hours shift which is not enough. Horrible place to work, your work don't get recognise at this place. Suggestion- please never join Getir as at the end every store go franchise and after that all this favouritism starts .

Fast paced and easy

Enjoy working here it's quite a young staff group and management are easy to communicate with.Team work is essential and also organisation helps a lot.

Management and salaries

There is no good management in getir . There is lot of work to do inside the store and the staff is not enough. Only two people work as store assistant which is really difficult because you two have to sort the deliveries and pick up the orders as well. The pay rate for store assistant and couriers are same while couriers has nothing to do rather then deliveries. And they get bonus on joining while store assistant don't. Also they will not give you holidays. I have left getir and I have my 6 holidays and they told me that you will get your holiday pay... but it's too long still didn't get it.

Pros

There are nothing free there . Even no discounts for staff as well.

Cons

There is no problem of working hours . You will get enough hours.

Best grocery company in the uk

Stress free and a easy relaxing jobGet paid weekly We see no customers which is amazingThe dress code is casualFlexibility is amazing choose the days and times you want

Pros

Good pay/see no customers/easy job

Cons

Closing at 1am

Don’t bother

The pay may be good, but it comes at a great cost. No work-life balance, you either start a shift at 7am or finish at 12:30am. Shifts are 9 hours but can sometimes be stretched to 10.No support from management and they expect you to do their job, such as managing couriers and ensuring that they are doing their job.It is also very often understaffed. Expect to do shifts by yourself if someone calls off.Pay is also inconsistent and it depends on how well your overall team is doing and not on an individual basis.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours, no work-life balance, uncoordinated management, lack of support

Shambles of a place.

Getir don't care about their employees, they will have one manager managing multiple stores so you will never get enough time with management. the power goes to the managers heads, change the rota's at last minute so never know when you're working.

Cons

Poor management, bikes unsafe to ride, manager firing employee for refusing to ride a faulty bike.

Avoid!

Management is awful. They don’t care about their staff and have no clue what they’re doing. They claim you will get £13 an hour but the targets are so high it’s impossible due to the amount of staff their is, yet they claim they are overstaffed. It’s chaotic, there’s too much to do for one person. Management doesn’t want you to take a break but also say break is unpaid. Horrible environment to work in, everyone is stressed 24/7. The amount of products that goes to waste is ridiculous. Any advice you give to management is disregarded. Oh yeah… and they laugh when your running around working like a headless chicken and make inappropriate jokes to make you feel degraded. Avoid!!!!

Pros

Absolutely nothing, avoid!!!

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Getir. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Getir with

Learn about Getir in popular locations

• Getir