Getir

United Kingdom8 reviews

Clear
2.5Pay & benefits

Good if you like stress

Working at Getir as a Store Assistant is fine. Lovely people and management. The problems arise from the strenuous work. As soon as an order comes in sirens blare out and a timer flashes on your terminal. You are timed and paid bonuses supposedly if you are top ranked in the store. Drivers however just get bonuses based on how many deliveries they do, as there are many at a time they often got paid much more for less work (There's a distance limit so they don't go very far too)

Company dont care about employees

I would say job is really fine also salary compared to job i mean its easy job but management dont care at all they just dont care if you need help with something , no one gonna help you :D plus they are sack ppl in probation for no reason

Insights into Getir

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Management and salaries

There is no good management in getir . There is lot of work to do inside the store and the staff is not enough. Only two people work as store assistant which is really difficult because you two have to sort the deliveries and pick up the orders as well. The pay rate for store assistant and couriers are same while couriers has nothing to do rather then deliveries. And they get bonus on joining while store assistant don't. Also they will not give you holidays. I have left getir and I have my 6 holidays and they told me that you will get your holiday pay... but it's too long still didn't get it.

Pros

There are nothing free there . Even no discounts for staff as well.

Cons

There is no problem of working hours . You will get enough hours.

Don’t bother

The pay may be good, but it comes at a great cost. No work-life balance, you either start a shift at 7am or finish at 12:30am. Shifts are 9 hours but can sometimes be stretched to 10.No support from management and they expect you to do their job, such as managing couriers and ensuring that they are doing their job.It is also very often understaffed. Expect to do shifts by yourself if someone calls off.Pay is also inconsistent and it depends on how well your overall team is doing and not on an individual basis.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours, no work-life balance, uncoordinated management, lack of support

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Getir?